How do you feel yourself? / General Talk about everything

Started by LX - Rampage, September 22, 2009, 10:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic
He is like, zoom, up and vanished. It's like Marvel saying: "if we pretend he doesn't exist, we don't have to do anything with him."

Quote from: Suigetsu on July 03, 2012, 10:09PM
He is like, zoom, up and vanished. It's like Marvel saying: "if we pretend he doesn't exist, we don't have to do anything with him."
They tend to do that a lot. Don't worry, I can't imagine Colossus remaining the avatar of Cytorak for much longer and when that happens we all know who will be back ;)

Quote from: Suigetsu on July 03, 2012, 10:09PM

Reminds me of a certain gold-skinned person.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

July 04, 2012, 10:36AM #3003 Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 10:40AM by Hyperman360
Quote from: Dihan on July 03, 2012, 03:01AM
I can't speak for BLaw, but I find the USA to be quite a bit different from the UK. I wouldn't really want to live there - I hate extreme temperatures and weather, I hate how you need a car to get around, I hate the attitudes and beliefs of the very vocal majority (particularly those indoctrinated by Fox News), and most of all, I hate the chocolate!

Seriously. Your chocolate sucks!

I'd gladly go on holiday to the USA but I'd want to come home.

I like the US, but yeah, the people do get on my nerves quite a bit. I like nice 70-degree sunny weather, but it doesn't stay like that where I live for more than a few weeks a year. The chocolate's not bad, but I must confess, I do like Cadbury.

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on July 03, 2012, 01:47PM
Same here. Lolz, good pun.

Meanwhile news for the MU. Marvel NOW! Relaunches the Marvel Universe. Plus the return of Jean Grey!
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=39525
http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/07/03/marvel-now-jean-grey-exclusive/3/

The faces of Marvel NOW

Clockwise from top: Spider-Man, Hulk, Marvel Girl (Jean Grey), Nova, Iron Man, Nick Fury, Captain America, Rocket Raccoon, Wolverine, Cyclops, Invisible Woman, Cable, and Thor.

I hope they don't reboot the characters; Spider-Man and Iron Man don't need this costume change.

Quote from: Hyperman360 on July 04, 2012, 10:36AMThe chocolate's not bad, but I must confess, I do like Cadbury.

Cadbury was ruined when Kraft, an American company, bought it.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: Hyperman360 on July 04, 2012, 10:36AM
I like the US, but yeah, the people do get on my nerves quite a bit. I like nice 70-degree sunny weather, but it doesn't stay like that where I live for more than a few weeks a year. The chocolate's not bad, but I must confess, I do like Cadbury.

I hope they don't reboot the characters; Spider-Man and Iron Man don't need this costume change.

Don't worry its not a reboot but a a revamp. Spider-Man and Iron Man do look like they are sporting different costumes...wouldn't surprise me because most of the characters on that picture are.

Spidey looks like they're using the old Alex Ross redesign that was originally concept art for the Sam Raimi movie. More here: http://www.alexrossart.com/artforsale.asp?sc=ARSP1

I'm a bit disappointed that they're kind of going the "new 52" route...I'm worried about them screwing everything up. Some things just don't need a reboot. On the other hand it's not a complete reboot and the ideas of the new series cool are cool, like bringing back pre-Phoenix Jean and all the other X-Men before they got too complicated (I'm really not a fan of Cyclops these days) and the Uncanny Avengers fighting an anti-mutant Red Skull is pretty cool. I think I'm going to trust Marvel on this one until I read it. I actually generally love costume redesigns cause it means more skins to make XD

Quote from: DeeDooo on July 04, 2012, 02:24PM
Spidey looks like they're using the old Alex Ross redesign that was originally concept art for the Sam Raimi movie. More here: http://www.alexrossart.com/artforsale.asp?sc=ARSP1

I'm a bit disappointed that they're kind of going the "new 52" route...I'm worried about them screwing everything up. Some things just don't need a reboot. On the other hand it's not a complete reboot and the ideas of the new series cool are cool, like bringing back pre-Phoenix Jean and all the other X-Men before they got too complicated (I'm really not a fan of Cyclops these days) and the Uncanny Avengers fighting an anti-mutant Red Skull is pretty cool. I think I'm going to trust Marvel on this one until I read it. I actually generally love costume redesigns cause it means more skins to make XD
That's the costume I was thinking of as well but I wasn't sure. And they really aren't rebooting anything (yet...the 05 might end up changing their future/our present, but for now it looks like they're here to stay).

I see... I'd really rather they let everything go the way it's been. I like Peter working at Horizon Labs. I just hate costume redesigns like this. I don't like the Spider-Man movie redesign either. Iron Man's one thing, but Spidey's costume should stay mostly the same. As for Iron Man, a blackish armor just looks weird.

Fast and Simple: I'm not interested in revamps/reboots until they bring back some of my favourite characters. Side note: Marvel, stop killing of characters

Quote from: Suigetsu on July 04, 2012, 08:59PM
Fast and Simple: I'm not interested in revamps/reboots until they bring back some of my favourite characters. Side note: Marvel, stop killing of characters
If you don't mind my asking, who are your favs? Besides Juggernaut?

Nightcrawler, Deadpool with his powers, Loki as an adult male character (good or evil, I don't care), Spidey (he is pretty much fine at the moment).

Quote from: Suigetsu on July 04, 2012, 09:17PM
Nightcrawler, Deadpool with his powers, Loki as an adult male character (good or evil, I don't care), Spidey (he is pretty much fine at the moment).
Oh then you probably aren't very happy :(
Juggernaut is in limbo for God knows how long
Nightcrawler you could say the same thing. Personally I'm enjoying AOA Nightcrawler too but he isn't the same as 616...
Loki is still a child and I'm not sure how long that will last. I'm surprised that for the Avengers film he wasn't reaged or something.

Well at least Deadpool and Spidey are good :) And it's inevitable that the other characters will return...it's more a matter of when rather than if

Yeah, but Deadpool is cured and powerless. (Although I'm not sure, since on the Marvel Database he still has his powers, as the only thing listed as former is his deformity.....if this was the only change, I hope it wasn't made, so that Marvel can get more readers with little girls, like how they change up cartoons and stuff for the viewers, instead of doing stuff for the fans) But at least Nightwing and Deathstroke in DC are somewhat okay. Unlike Wally West, who for some reason, thanks to the Flashpoint event, does not exist anymore. Dang, I should be more generic and like characters like Wolverine, Iron Man, Batman and Superman, they won't ever really kill these guys off.

Quote from: Suigetsu on July 04, 2012, 09:40PM
Yeah, but Deadpool is cured and powerless. (Although I'm not sure, since on the Marvel Database he still has his powers, as the only thing listed as former is his deformity.....if this was the only change, I hope it wasn't made, so that Marvel can get more readers with little girls, like how they change up cartoons and stuff for the viewers, instead of doing stuff for the fans) But at least Nightwing and Deathstroke in DC are somewhat okay. Unlike Wally West, who for some reason, thanks to the Flashpoint event, does not exist anymore. Dang, I should be more generic and like characters like Wolverine, Iron Man, Batman and Superman, they won't ever really kill these guys off.
Oh I forgot Deadpool lost his powers...I guess that takes away his "umph" (so-to-say). And yeah the more iconic heroes like Wolverine, Batman, etc. will never have to worry about these types of things.