How do you feel yourself? / General Talk about everything

Started by LX - Rampage, September 22, 2009, 10:09AM

Previous topic - Next topic
If they reboot stuff, they should just bring back lots of dead characters, even ones who died long ago or just disappeared or something. People like Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell), Nova (Richard Rider), Nightcrawler, Jean Grey, Professor X etc.

Personally, I would go as far as to go back a few years and restart from a certain point.

Quote from: Suigetsu on May 18, 2013, 11:39AM
If they reboot stuff, they should just bring back lots of dead characters, even ones who died long ago or just disappeared or something. People like Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell), Nova (Richard Rider), Nightcrawler, Jean Grey, Professor X etc.

Personally, I would go as far as to go back a few years and restart from a certain point.

I agree, they need to bring back a-lot of people. They could go a route like X-Men Forever where it picked up after a certain point in the X-Men.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

That's a bit silly in my humble opinion. Why would Marvel do a reboot just after they do a relaunch? I'm sorry they messed with your characters, but like that's just part of life. Or death as the case may be. But like characters can't just live forever. Then there would be no sense of reality and no sense of danger. If they just brought characters back to life or rebooted the universe every single time a few fanboys get mad about their favorite characters, they would be physically incapable of telling any good stories or having arcs that lasted more than a week. Lets just be realistic here.

And by the way, Jean Grey was dead for at least ten years, before they brought a past version of her to the present. So Nightcrawler still has like seven years to go :P. And (just as a fun fact) she died at least fourteen times on-panel.

Quote from: DeeDooo on May 18, 2013, 02:33PM
That's a bit silly in my humble opinion. Why would Marvel do a reboot just after they do a relaunch? I'm sorry they messed with your characters, but like that's just part of life. Or death as the case may be. But like characters can't just live forever. Then there would be no sense of reality and no sense of danger. If they just brought characters back to life or rebooted the universe every single time a few fanboys get mad about their favorite characters, they would be physically incapable of telling any good stories or having arcs that lasted more than a week. Lets just be realistic here.

And by the way, Jean Grey was dead for at least ten years, before they brought a past version of her to the present. So Nightcrawler still has like seven years to go :P. And (just as a fun fact) she died at least fourteen times on-panel.

I think they need to fix things, but I don't think they need to reboot the whole universe just go back in time somewhat. And it's not that they messed with our characters its the fact that they are starting to kill tons of characters off from the universe. Even before Marvel NOW, and Age of Ultron I believed Marvel need to be fixed, and now just happens to be a perfect time to do it. And to be honest Marvel NOW really isn't all that special. They just ended a ton of comic books and created new ones in its place.

Regardless of whether or not they decided to reboot, or not I still think Marvel needs major fixing.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

I think the "fixing" of the Age of Ultron is a foregone conclusion with some possible ramifications.

However as far as death/rebirth "fixing". I'm far more concerned for the poor Avengers Arena kids and the whacky supernatural thing that is X-Factor right about now.

Where are those cosmic cubes when you need them?

I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

I wanted to have an honest and unbiased look at the next-gen consoles as they were revealed.

I don't like the Wii U, since it's not much of an improvement next to PS3 or Xbox 360 and I think most people agree. Looks like innovative controls are no longer enough to sell a console and it's repeating games.

PS4 seems to be a really good improvement over the PS3 and it seems to be a fun gaming console. The games revealed (exclusive and multiplatform) so far seem really cool.

Now, the Xbox One. I was so afraid, I wanted to believe, but I lost all my faith. The new Xbox is entirely based on the idea, that the console has to be an all-out compilation of entertainment.
Of course, the first thing we have to realise, is that most of it's "super cool TV features" are US only at the moment of release and I'm sure it will take at least a year or a year and a half to have something like that work in other countries as well.
Also, I can't really talk about the games, since they were really into talking about the most important features, like how it affects our fantasy football team and such and actually forgot to give us some actual trailers.
I mean, EA Sports games got somewhat of a trailer and COD Ghosts got one as well.
On the other hand, I have no clue about what to expect from Quantum Break or Forza 5, since Quantum's trailer was mostly done with actual actors and there was like 5 seconds of game footage (or at least, it looked like something from the game). Also, I read this about it: "the game will feature live-action videos blended with regular gameplay." So.....am I the only one who is reminded about those old console games, which utilised full-motion videos as a major part of a game? Personally, I never liked such stuff. Oh, and Forza 5 will probably be an awesome game, but since the footage was not game footage, I don't know much about it.

Sooooooo....yeah.....I'll probably start saving up my money for the PS4 :D

Any thoughts on the subject?

First off, I dont like the new design of the Xbox one, it looks so old :P, but I agree with you, Microsoft doesn't really seem to realise that most Xbox'es are used only for gaming purposes, and they didn't really focus on that with the new Xbox, but fine, Im a ps fanboy, so I'll end up saving for the ps4 anyway xd
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

I read like hundreds of comments from people about this topic. Some people just didn't like it at all and some (like myself) already stated, that they will have to turn into a PS-fan because of this :D

I'm honestly a fan of both, I have an Xbox 360 and a Ps2 and Ps1, I still haven't gotten a Ps3. So I will most likely end up getting both eventually down the road, they both have things that are good and bad about them and I like them equally.

I'm a fan of Nintendo's IPs so I have a Wii U. The IPs belonging to Sony and Microsoft don't really interest me so I stick with PC for multiplatforms.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: Dihan on May 23, 2013, 02:16AM
I'm a fan of Nintendo's IPs so I have a Wii U. The IPs belonging to Sony and Microsoft don't really interest me so I stick with PC for multiplatforms.

Is the Wii U any good, I have heard different arguments about it so I am not really sure?

Playstation series is always have a backward compatibility since PS2 console, PSP handheld & onwards
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on May 23, 2013, 06:54AM
Is the Wii U any good, I have heard different arguments about it so I am not really sure?

Right now it's not too exciting, but when Nintendo's first party titles start rolling out properly then it's going to be good. I can't wait for Super Smash Bros. 4. If you're after a powerful console then it's not for you, but if you're interested in Nintendo's titles then it's the only place you're going to be playing them in HD.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

I am really excited for SSBB! Especially since there is there is a version coming out for the 3DS!

Yeah, well these are the only things I miss on other consoles. I would love to play Zelda games, Mario games, Super Smash Brothers games, Mart Kart games on Xbox or PS