Marvel NOW! Relaunch

Started by Tony Stark, October 12, 2012, 07:50PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Hyperman360 on November 02, 2012, 12:09PM
Maybe, but I still prefer it to be Peter. Not that I don't like Miguel.
True, I think we'd all prefer it to be Peter. But I look at like this, better Miguel than Alpha or Doc Ock in a younger body (another rumor.)

I do think it's Miguel. Reason why: possible hints on twitter, the X-Men are getting the first 5 from a different time-line/universe because they were popular. Would make sense if Spidey is being replaced from someone from a different time-line/universe and who was popular.

I'm a little confused here about the "Superior Spider-Man". Is he or is he not Miguel O'Hara, the Spider-Man of the year 2099? I mean look at this
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121017214030/marveldatabase/images/3/3c/Superior_Spider-Man_Vol_1_1_Camuncoli_Variant_Textless.jpg
I can see some features from Miguel like the claws.
Another confusion is what exactly is "Superior Spider-Man"? Are they rebooting the character or is Peter Parker retiring from his Super Hero Duty and he's passing the mantel to someone else?
IF it is Miguel then how come he's here? I mean sure if you're to think about it the year 2099 isn't that far from us nowadays and it doesn't look like we'll get as futuristic as them anytime soon but... How? Time traveling? And if so what of the year 2099 and all of Miguel's allies from there?
This "Superior Spider-Man" really got me intrigued and I honestly consider it interesting.
Personally I wouldn't mind if it really is Miguel. I don't care how they'll pull him out in the past but still. I'm a big fan of Spider-Man 2099 and I absolutely love the character and I love to play as him in Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time.
I hope that when more details are revealed about this "Superior Spider-Man", someone will post them here I'm really interested to see where they will go with this idea :)  :spidergirl:

This Spidey looks a bit too violent to become the main Spider-Man, don't you think? I mean, it's okay to have one like this, but we totally need a more Friendly Neighborhood version alongside it. At least, this is what came to my mind, looking at that picture.

So I've read a few of the new books (All New X-Men, Captain America, Iron Man, Deadpool) and personally, I like it.
Just wanted to put my two cents out there. :)

Amazing Spider-Man #700 is out... Sigh... Just for the record, anybody here remember the good old days when Spider-Man was Peter Parker? Y'know the days before the whole Civil War and Brand New Day and all that stuff? Good ol' Peter Parker, Photographer for the Daily Bugle, having a lil' money trouble, married to Mary Jane Watson and dealing with daily Super Hero problems? Anyone? Thought so...

December 22, 2012, 06:32AM #52 Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 12:47PM by anonymouspunk89
Quote from: xXScarletSpiderXx on December 22, 2012, 02:25AM
Amazing Spider-Man #700 is out... Sigh... Just for the record, anybody here remember the good old days when Spider-Man was Peter Parker? Y'know the days before the whole Civil War and Brand New Day and all that stuff? Good ol' Peter Parker, Photographer for the Daily Bugle, having a lil' money trouble, married to Mary Jane Watson and dealing with daily Super Hero problems? Anyone? Thought so...
Yeah I remember. 700 is very disappointing, not only because of the events that transpired, but because the characterization of the two main characters of the story are wrong.
Avenging is much better, even with who I'm now calling "Spock", because Chris Yost is a better writer and the characterization is spot-on for the main character (Spock is an arrogant bastard, as he should be.)

Please no spoilers; I don't even have 699 yet. And as for the good old days, one only has to visit the very first panel in the favorite comic panels thread.

Quote from: Hyperman360 on December 22, 2012, 07:53AM
Please no spoilers; I don't even have 699 yet. And as for the good old days, one only has to visit the very first panel in the favorite comic panels thread.
Whoops, sorry Hyper :(

Quote from: Hyperman360 on December 22, 2012, 07:53AM
Please no spoilers; I don't even have 699 yet.

My apologies Hyper. If you'd like there is a group on YouTube called ComicBookCast2 and they show all the Marvel/DC comics and explain them while showing the pages with zooming so you can read :) In my country they don't sell comic books :( So those guys are the only way I can keep up with Marvel and DC comic books.

Quote from: anonymouspunk89 on December 22, 2012, 06:32AM
Yeah I remember. 700 is very disappointing, not only because of the events that transpired, but because the characterization of the two main characters of the story are wrong.
Avenging is much better, even with who I'm now calling "Spock", because Chris Yost is a better writer and the characterization is spot-on for the main character (Spock is an arrogant bastard, as he should be.)

One question anonymous. The events from Avenging Spider-Man happen also in 616 right? So then does that mean that from now on Avenging will also have the "Superior" Spidey or will they keep the original?

I don't know guys it's just... This is my opinion but I don't like how they keep replacing Peter. I've been a Spidey fan since I was 4. Every time I read a comic book or watch a movie with him is like I'm checking out what an old friend has been up to. And here comes Marvel replacing him... I didn't have that much of a problem when they did it in the Ultimate Universe but MAIN Universe too?! Really? I'm a bit dissapointed and this has affected me very much. It's hard for me now to keep looking up to Spider-Man in the future comics and I'm having a hard time looking at the original too because this story is so messed up I don't even know who is the original anymore. It's gonna take a while for me to recover after this but in the end I think I'll come to like the new Spidey.

Quote from: xXScarletSpiderXx on December 22, 2012, 09:26PM
My apologies Hyper. If you'd like there is a group on YouTube called ComicBookCast2 and they show all the Marvel/DC comics and explain them while showing the pages with zooming so you can read :) In my country they don't sell comic books :( So those guys are the only way I can keep up with Marvel and DC comic books.

One question anonymous. The events from Avenging Spider-Man happen also in 616 right? So then does that mean that from now on Avenging will also have the "Superior" Spidey or will they keep the original?

I don't know guys it's just... This is my opinion but I don't like how they keep replacing Peter. I've been a Spidey fan since I was 4. Every time I read a comic book or watch a movie with him is like I'm checking out what an old friend has been up to. And here comes Marvel replacing him... I didn't have that much of a problem when they did it in the Ultimate Universe but MAIN Universe too?! Really? I'm a bit dissapointed and this has affected me very much. It's hard for me now to keep looking up to Spider-Man in the future comics and I'm having a hard time looking at the original too because this story is so messed up I don't even know who is the original anymore. It's gonna take a while for me to recover after this but in the end I think I'll come to like the new Spidey.
Yes, the events in Avenging are in the 616 universe so Spock is going to be the web-head in this series. Which honestly is a double edged sword, on one hand Avenging is being written by Chris Yost (who also wrote the new Scarlet Spider, which was fantastic) which in and of itself is the best thing ever. On the other hand, it stars the "new" Spider-Man....yippee. lol

Quote from: anonymouspunk89 on December 23, 2012, 02:59AM
Yes, the events in Avenging are in the 616 universe so Spock is going to be the web-head in this series. Which honestly is a double edged sword, on one hand Avenging is being written by Chris Yost (who also wrote the new Scarlet Spider, which was fantastic) which in and of itself is the best thing ever. On the other hand, it stars the "new" Spider-Man....yippee. lol

... I want Peter back ;~;

Quote from: xXScarletSpiderXx on December 23, 2012, 06:52AM
... I want Peter back ;~;
As do I, I'd also like a competent writer for the main series.

I do wish that they wouldn't get rid of Peter and the classic red-and-blue suit.