The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Everyone, the newly released Secret Mod 5 has been updated. (1) The left hand bolton situation I mentioned in the "Read It" file has been fixed. (2) One of the character's powers didn't take any energy -- that was fixed. (3) There was a spelling error in the talents file -- fixed. (4) One of the character's powers seemed more fitting for a boost, so I moved it there. My apologies that I didn't see this stuff the first time. When you're making an entire mod, there's a lot of hard work that goes into it, and it's easy to miss one or two details.

In other news, the new Character Mod Catalog is now up-to-date and looking much better! It's now easy to find who you're looking for. My secret mods like the aforementioned one, however, will not be listed there.

Quote from: edward on July 25, 2019, 12:58AM
Oh wow the secret mod is someone I was about to request. Lets just say kind of had the hots for "It" :humant:

I don't blame you at all -- so do I.  :pyro:

Quote from: nando915 on July 24, 2019, 08:45PM
Hey outsider, I just downloaded your Rescue mod; outstanding work and a great mix up on your typical mua character. I love that shes more of a support than a damage dealer. I was wondering if you'd ever maybe consider adding a 5th skin for her with Ironhearts armor from Future Fight? Regardless, thanks for all the effort you put in with your mods. :)  :stark:

It will be considered. However, Ironheart's skin would need to be converted -- it hasn't to my knowledge. I may not do that, however, if someone is interested in creating a mod of Ironheart. So I guess we'll see how it goes.

Everyone, the following boosters have been updated: :deadpool: Deadpool, :beast: Beast, :colossus: Colossus, :punisher_logo: Punisher, and Selene. These are important updates, as I've been planning to update all of my older boosters as I have for my older mods. Stay tuned for more as they are done.

Everyone, the following boosters have been updated: :magneto: Magneto, Loki, Elixir, Thanos, :doom: Doctor Doom, :apocalypse: Apocalypse, and the Dark Phoenix. These are important updates, as I've been planning to update all of my older boosters as I have for my older mods. (Magneto is more powerful than ever, and Loki & Dark Phoenix have new Xtremes!) Stay tuned for more as they are done.

Everyone, the following boosters have been updated: :juggernaut: Juggernaut, :blade: Blade, :scarletw: Scarlet Witch, :sskrull: Super-Skrull, :ghostr: Ghost Rider, :pman: Luke Cage, and :electro: Electro. These are also important updates, as some now inflict more damage than before. See, that's the assurance you get with any of my mods -- I have no problem updating any of them after a mod or booster is released, whether it's to fix an unforeseen problem, or to enhance them even more. Stay tuned for the remainder of my boosters to be upgraded as only six remain.

And for those wondering how many more mods are coming from me before I'm done -- the answer is 10. (2 of them are secret mods...) I also have one more booster planned, and it will likely be for :cable2: Cable since I've heard many say that his mod is in need of an upgrade. For those who didn't notice, I know that the mod of Namor is need of an upgrade as well, so I did add a little bit of stuff to him through my Deep Six Booster. Should I add more to Namor? Should he play more like Hydro-Man? Play as him after using the Deep Six booster, and let me know your comments on if he needs more work done. Don't be shy, now.

Quote from: TheMK on August 04, 2019, 03:15PM
Great work! :)

I appreciate the upkeep on old mods :)

Thanks. I hope everyone does, for it's not easy, especially when I've done so many of them.

Yes! Awesome work outsider! :rockon: And you are doing Cable and Namor? My prayers have been heard. :laola:

Everyone, the following of my boosters have been updated: Jill Valentine, Wonder Woman, :quicks: Quicksilver, :captainamerica2: Captain America, :dazzler: Dazzler, :blackwidow: Black Widow, :panther: Black Panther, and :polaris: Polaris. These are all important updates, and with that, I have concluded fixing up ALL of my older mods and boosters! Whew! Glad that's over.

So, I have some big news! I recently gained a higher-paying job! Feelin' damn good right now, and good things happen when I'm in a good mood...

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have 10 more projects planned before I'm done (including 2 more secret mods). But I did the math, and if three more mods enter the picture, then I will have a grand total of 250 projects, including my boosters. 250 is a nice round number and a decent way to go out. So that's what I'll do. The number of remaining mods has jumped up to 13! And thanks to UltraMegaMagnus, one of them is now possible -- Wave is coming! She's not my next mod, but she's coming...

My next mod will likely be Cyblade, the most popular member of Image Comics' team, Cyberforce. Granted, she is clearly a replica of :psylocke: Psylocke, but I will make her to fight differently. Stay tuned.

Very cool and exciting news! Congratulations on the higher paying job, and good work with the mods!

Outsider, your Captain America booster is honestly so fun. Brooklyn Beatdown alone makes it worth it. That power seriously just looks incredible with all the flashy effects

This is it! Introducing The Outsider's Character Mod Tournament!

Below are 32 listed characters. (If you don't know who they are, just google them.) Out of these, only one of them will be potentially modded by me, depending on who has the most votes. Here's how it works...

First Round: Consists of all 32 characters. Voting will take place ONLY on Discord. (Large polls are hard to do on the main forum.) Vote for ALL characters that you'd like to see move on, but only vote once for each character. The 16 with the highest number of votes will move on to the Second Round. The rest will be eliminated. In the event of a tie, I will decide who moves on.

Second Round: Consists of 16 characters. Voting will take place ONLY on Discord. The rules are the same as the previous round. The 8 with the highest number of votes will move on the Quarter Finals. The rest will be eliminated.

Quarter Finals: Consists of 8 characters. Voting will now take place on the main forum (here at The Crypt) AND on Discord. The voting rules are the same. The 4 with the highest votes will move on to the Semi Finals. The rest will be eliminated.

Semi Finals: Consists of the final 4 characters. Voting at The Crypt and at Discord. Same rules apply. The 2 with the highest votes will move on to the Finals. The rest will be eliminated.

Finals: Consists of the final 2 left standing. Voting at The Crypt and at Discord. Same rules apply. The one with the highest number of votes will be declared the winner.

DISCLAIMER: The reason I say that the winner will be potentially modded is because depending on who wins, I may need converted models for that character, which I can't convert. So, skinners or model converters would be needed for that, and that is only if they are available and willing to. I can only create PS2 skins, and some characters won't look right in those. Therefore, I can't guarantee that the winner will be modded, or be modded with excellent skins. Hopefully, whoever wins will peak their interest.

If you are not a member of our Discord channel, you can join here: https://discord.gg/gYW8zBm

OK, I think that about covers it. The 32 candidates are below and need your vote to move on... Who would you like to see enter MUA? Let your voice be heard. Good luck, everyone!

Malekith
Absorbing Man
Crescent
Victorious
Robbie Reyes
Korath
Guillotine (Contest of Champions)
White Fox

Sister Grimm (Nico Minoru)
Wong
Kamala Khan (2nd attempt)
Man-Thing
Diamondback (Rachel Leighton)
Okoye
Yelena Belova
The Shroud

Conan The Barbarian
Meteor Man (Jefferson Reed)
Taki (Soul Calibur)
Blanka (Street Fighter)
Hellboy
Kimberly the Pink Ranger
Deathstroke (DC)
Black Lightning (DC)

Kratos (God of War)
Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
Dante (Devil May Cry)
Claire Redfield (Resident Evil)
Kazuya Mishima / Devil (Tekken)
Mantra (Ultraverse)
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden/ Dead or Alive)
Mai Shiranui (King of Fighters)

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on August 11, 2019, 08:05AM
Outsider, your Captain America booster is honestly so fun. Brooklyn Beatdown alone makes it worth it. That power seriously just looks incredible with all the flashy effects

Thanks for that, Bacon. Captain America is one of my favorite heroes, and someone that really put the MCU on the map. So, I'm glad to hear that his booster makes him look damn good.

Everyone, it is time for the Second Round! Below are the 16 that have moved on in the Character Mod Tournament:

Malekith
Absorbing Man
Robbie Reyes
Guillotine (Contest of Champions)
Sister Grimm (Nico Minoru)
Wong
Kamala Khan (2nd attempt)
Man-Thing

Okoye
Yelena Belova
Conan The Barbarian
Hellboy
Deathstroke (DC)
Kratos (God of War)
Dante (Devil May Cry)

Voting is still taking place ONLY on Discord. Vote for your favorites, and find out the eight that will move on to the Quarter Finals. Good luck!

August 14, 2019, 06:05PM #2051 Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 06:07PM by BloodShank
Quote from: Outsider on November 12, 2018, 03:58PM

I am deeply saddened to hear about the passing of the legendary Stan Lee, as he and his many iconic characters were an inspiration for me growing up when I was a little kid. It was he who inspired me to write and create my own characters and stories. Sadly, I never got the chance to meet him, but I'm glad he lived a long life, passing away at age 95. I thank him for inspiring me and many generations of people around the world. If anyone wonders why I will always choose Marvel over DC, now you know why. I will always be one of his "True Believers."

That said, I present to you all my character mod of fellow New Yorker, Stan Lee. Originally as you know, he was one of my secret mods that I released a couple of years ago. But, in tribute to all of his timeless super heroes and super villains, I've decided that he shouldn't be a secret anymore, and no password is needed. I want to share with you all my original tribute to "Stan The Man." If you already have this mod, feel free to talk about it -- he's not a secret anymore. I hope you all enjoy this mod, as we celebrate the life and legend that is Stan Lee. May his imaginative and creative soul rest in peace. Excelsior!!!

IN MEMORIAM
STANLEY MARTIN "STAN LEE" LIEBER
1922 - 2018

:spiderman: Damn. It has already been almost a year without Stan Lee. I miss him so much.
Time to play as the legend.
:spiderman: 
My Favorite Marvel Heroes: [ :deadpool: :hulk_icon: :ghostr: :spiderman: :wolverine: :stark: & :thor:]
My Favorite Marvel Villians: [ :venom: :mysterio: :carnage: :shocker: & Thanos]

Now, it gets serious!!! Time for the Quarter Finals of the Character Mod Tournament! Below are the 8 that have managed to escape elimination, but now it gets tougher because now you all can vote both here at The Crypt AND at Discord. Both polls will end in 72 hours (3 days). Get your votes in as destiny draws closer for one of these characters.

Man-Thing
Wong   
Hellboy   
Kamala Khan   
Robbie Reyes   
Okoye
Dante (Devil May Cry)

Quote from: BloodShank on August 14, 2019, 06:05PM
:spiderman: Damn. It has already been almost a year without Stan Lee. I miss him so much.
Time to play as the legend.
:spiderman: 

Hope you enjoy it. It was an honor to create Stan Lee, one of my childhood icons.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's down to the Final Four!!! Time for the Semi Finals of the Character Mod Tournament! Below are the 4 that have advanced in the tournament. You all can vote both here at The Crypt AND at Discord. Both polls will end in 72 hours (3 days). Your votes count more than ever as we draw closer to finding out who will be the winner. Good luck.

Dante (Devil May Cry)
Hellboy
Kamala Khan
Wong   

any of these would be nice but wow i just knew absorbing man or Guillotine would have made the finals. oh well