The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Everyone, I am probably going to work on the tournament winner Dante next, but sadly, there's a lot to be desired. (1) There are no converted skins for him, so I will have to create a PS2 skin of him -- probably using a Gambit skin, and a demon form or two. And as you know, I'm a hit-or-miss skinner. (2) I have seen what he can do from various Devil May Cry games, and I looked heavily at Ceamonks' moveset for him. However, due to not having necessary boltons, some of his powers will either not look right or I can't create them at all.
That said, I never release lackluster mods, so I'll try my best to work with what I got, and try to create the feel of Dante as much as possible. But don't feel cheated from me if it's not as authentic as it can be.

In other news, look out for new double-sword boltons for :sstar: Shatterstar, as BaconWizard17 plans to work on it at some point. Be patient on that one.

And for the three new Mortal Kombat characters, I have confirmed that Cassie Cage is coming. However, another combatant will have to be cancelled... Kotal Kahn. He is becoming too much of a hassle for me. Don't worry though, I have a good replacement for him on the MK-on-MUA roster. In addition, UltraMegaMagnus has been producing some cool stuff to enhance the MK-on-MUA experience. I will release them when the three MK mods are complete.

That's all I got for now. Stay tuned, boys and girls.

Great news! Looking forward to all of your next mods!

THE MAGDALENA

Here comes a mod of Patience, the warrior and protector of the Roman Catholic Church known as The Magdalena. This Top Cow character may not be known to some people, but she wields the Spear of Destiny -- the same spear that pierced the side of Christ, and is a holy weapon against supernatural evil. She's an interesting character, as is this mod. Check her out for yourself.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-2 hex-edited skins, 2 HUDs, mannequin, loading screen, icons, and sound/voice file using Rose's voice from Super Street Fighter 4.
-Uses assigned number #171 (Will clash with Hawkeye in mannequin).

NOTE:
The mannequin is of an earlier skin made by BaconWizard17, before I tweaked them.

MOVESET:
1. Rapid Strike: Uses her spear to attack enemies multiple times.
2. Agile Kicks: Uses her martial arts to kick an enemy hard, causing knockback.
3. Blade Throw: Throws her bladed projectiles at enemies, slicing them.
4. Divine Attack: Sweeps all nearby enemies using her spear in a radial attack.
5. Spear of Destiny: Throws her holy spear that will pierce through multiple enemies. Double damage on stunned enemies.
6. (Boost) Blood of The Magdalena: The Magdalena causes slight damage to herself, shedding miraculous blood that heals the team.
7. (Boost) Spiritual Eyes: Sees into enemies' hearts, offering them the chance to redeem their sins. Attacks done on them gives energy for her.
8. (Xtreme) Virtuous Light: Draws enemies in, then slams the Spear of Destiny into the ground, creating a blast of holy power upon all enemies.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, skin alterations, HUDs, loading screen, icons, sounds, hex-editing, etc.
BaconWizard17 - Base design for skins
UltraMegaMagnus - Mannequin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?w7xnzpg972ztjup

Great mod! I love Top Cow stuff, especially The Darkness and Freshmen :)

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
Everyone, I will not be able to mod anything for the time being. My computer suffered system problems and now won't even turn on. It just continually beeps. After releasing the Magdalena, I took some time to try to attempt to convert my own 3D models. I installed Virtualbox and the Marvel Mods XP package, and it was working fine for a few days. I received helpful advice from various skinners, to which I am thankful.

This morning, however, my computer restarted out of nowhere. I logged in, it was nothing but a black screen for minutes, so I shut it down, wait for a bit, then start it back up -- and that's when the beeping began. Now my computer is out of commission. Needless to say, I am very angry right now. This is the second time I attempted to convert my own 3D models, and once again it cost me. I hope that my brother and I (with some help from the Lord) can fix my computer without major problems or recent data loss. (Most of my data is backed up since Monday, but new stuff could be lost.) However, I view this as a sign that I am not meant to convert my own 3D models -- I just can't do it. Not that I didn't want to learn, because I really tried, but clearly it's just not meant for me.

So until further notice, I am unable to work on my 12 remaining projects or anything else. If my computer can be fixed, I will then delete all of that Virtualbox/XP stuff, and I will leave 3D conversions to the professionals. I also apologize to the skinners if my recent requests have annoyed you in any way, as I try not to bother any of you. I wish I can do it myself, but clearly... I can not.

Best of luck with your computer problems - even if you've got (most of) your work backed up, that kind of stuff can just be immensely frustrating.

(Did you also try to drain it of power completely by also disconnecting it from its power source, then waiting for some time before plugging things in and restarting? That did the trick for me once.)

Very sorry to hear it, Outsider. Your mods are worth the wait :)

October 17, 2019, 07:16AM #2092 Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 07:19AM by Aventureiromax
Dude, that's bad news but I'll tell you that Anderson and I have been tested several times (Anderson has had a lot more problems than me) with backup issues, programs, pc parts and notebooks and every time I thought about giving up of learning, I would look at the mods of various modders here on the forum (including you) and see that skins, mannequins or something else was missing and soon that feeling of giving up passed.

The life of those who use the computer as work or entertainment is like that and we can never give up because when you can make your first conversion for example, you will not want to give up again ;)

What I am trying to say is that once you get it, you will see that it was all worth it. As you learn how to convert skins you will notice that your life as a modder will become easier and easier as you can test and apply various ideas you have to make any power or character in MUA.

NEVER GIVE UP. GOD BLESS YOU ;)
Marvel Skins Here

DC Skins And Others Here

[quote author=NEVER GIVE UP. GOD BLESS YOU ;)[/quote]

I make Aventureiromax's words the mine.
Now that you have decided to learn the technique do not be discouraged like this because of the first ordeal. I believe you are smart and capable enough to master the art of 3D manipulation. In my opinion you can surpass me and a lot.
DO NOT GIVE UP. PERSIST.

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

October 17, 2019, 09:13PM #2094 Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 10:04PM by Ceamonks890
I agree with everyone here Outsider. You told me not too long ago that I could become a talented modder myself someday, in spite of my open reluctance to engage in more complex modding activities currently as you well know.

You're an inspiration to many of us mate and I believe you have the talent and willpower to see this through in spite of how daunting a task it may seem. I mean, if you've already accomplished successfully creating over 190 mods for this community at time of writing, then surely learning how to convert a 3D model exists as just another minor fork in the road to overcome by comparison.

So don't allow yourself to fall into the same trappings as I have and let this unfortunate setback exist as an unwarranted scapegoat to put you off this potentially beneficial new avenue of modding on your end.

For all we know, your computer could just need specific part replacements or a thorough clean of the internal system for dust as I don't believe the MM Virtual Machine would be the underlying cause (due to many other modders with W10 managing without any issue).

EDIT: Try giving this vid a look. The comments section there offers a lot of genuinely insightful suggestions on how to resolve your current problem- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfKqvDE0RGk

Don't give up yet Outsider, all hope is not lost.

Everyone, I am back. My computer is functioning again, although it is not completely fixed. Instead of beeping, it blinks the same sequence of 3 long blinks, then 4 short blinks. My computer is an HP all-in-one PC that is a little more than a year old, and that 3.4 beep/blink code implies a power system failure, which is a hardware issue. Then the desktop turns on as normal. When it initially wasn't working, I was pissed off and thoroughly convinced that the Virtualbox/XP add-ons were the cause of it. My brother, who is a tech wiz, looked at it and said that since it is a hardware issue, the Virtualbox/XP package wasn't the cause, but rather the PSU (power system unit). He said for right now, I can still use this computer but keep a watchful eye for if the situation gets worse, as I am very reluctant to do a hard reset of my computer settings to possibly fix it.

As you all well know, I am a proud Christian and a believer that everything happens for a reason. Enraged by what happened, I thought it to be a second sign that I wasn't meant to convert my own 3-D models, since I am down to my final mod projects anyway. (Everyone has moments of doubt when trying something new, or moments of anger when something unfortunate happens -- especially computer problems.) However, while at work, I read your comments to the situation, providing me with positive inspiration that I usually provide to you and others. It's amazing to have read these, and perhaps God wanted me to see such kind messages when I thought about giving it up. If you all believe that I can somehow pull this off, then I should believe it as well. Thank you all for that -- it is much appreciated. I will try to balance between working on my next project -- Wave, and trying again at the 3-D conversions.

October 20, 2019, 07:58PM #2097 Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 08:40PM by scottsum
Quote from: Outsider on October 20, 2019, 05:29PM
Everyone, I am back. My computer is functioning again, although it is not completely fixed. Instead of beeping, it blinks the same sequence of 3 long blinks, then 4 short blinks. My computer is an HP all-in-one PC that is a little more than a year old, and that 3.4 beep/blink code implies a power system failure, which is a hardware issue...

Hey Outsider, I just saw this, and I work in IT services, so I'll try to throw some helpful info your way.  First, your brother is right, if you're getting beeping POST (power on self test) codes, or in this case LED codes, it's definitely a hardware issue.  Resetting the system to factory defaults won't solve that, so save yourself that headache, it won't do anything for you.  And the virtual machine is not your issue either.  Step 1 is get a good backup.  The data is probably worth way more (in terms of time/work) than the machine it's on. 

If the problem started when you started converting 3D models, it could be that the system was overheating when it was heavily taxed.  This is very common on all-in-one computers.  Make sure the vents are clear of dust and the system isn't near any heat sources, such as your home's heater, direct sunlight, or a halogen lamp.  You can't help the hardware issue that's already there, but you can make sure you're not doing anything to make it worse.

On the power issue, but there are a couple of simple things you can do to eliminate simple causes (I don't want to get your hopes up too much, but it's important to check these boxes to get the diagnosis right):
1) Try a different surge strip, in case yours is bad.
2) Shut down and unplug your PC, then press the power button ten times while it's unplugged.  This will fully discharge it.  Then plug it in and power it up again, and see if the POST error is still there.

Let me know if you have any luck with this...and in the future, avoid all-in-ones for anything other than very light use.

p.s. Even if the machine drops dead right now, don't toss it.  Based on your issue, the hard drive (or SSD) is probably OK, and your data should be recoverable.

Quote from: scottsum on October 20, 2019, 07:58PM
Hey Outsider, I just saw this, and I work in IT services, so I'll try to throw some helpful info your way.  First, your brother is right, if you're getting beeping POST (power on self test) codes, or in this case LED codes, it's definitely a hardware issue.  Resetting the system to factory defaults won't solve that, so save yourself that headache, it won't do anything for you.  And the virtual machine is not your issue either.  Step 1 is get a good backup.  The data is probably worth way more (in terms of time/work) than the machine it's on. 

If the problem started when you started converting 3D models, it could be that the system was overheating when it was heavily taxed.  This is very common on all-in-one computers.  Make sure the vents are clear of dust and the system isn't near any heat sources, such as your home's heater, direct sunlight, or a halogen lamp.  You can't help the hardware issue that's already there, but you can make sure you're not doing anything to make it worse.

On the power issue, but there are a couple of simple things you can do to eliminate simple causes (I don't want to get your hopes up too much, but it's important to check these boxes to get the diagnosis right):
1) Try a different surge strip, in case yours is bad.
2) Shut down and unplug your PC, then press the power button ten times while it's unplugged.  This will fully discharge it.  Then plug it in and power it up again, and see if the POST error is still there.

Let me know if you have any luck with this...and in the future, avoid all-in-ones for anything other than very light use.

p.s. Even if the machine drops dead right now, don't toss it.  Based on your issue, the hard drive (or SSD) is probably OK, and your data should be recoverable.

Thanks for the advice. My data is backed up every Monday, and I have USB drives for data as well. And no, it's not near any heat sources. I have tried #2 to discharge any excess power it may have, but it still has the beeping/blinking issue. I may need to try #1 and replace the surge protector. I've had it for a long time, so maybe replacing it is a good idea.

Question: You said all-in-one PCs are common to overheat with heavy use. Should I continue trying to convert my own 3-D models? Is that considered heavy use? Maybe I should only do that once in a while, once I get the hang of it.

Quote from: Outsider on October 22, 2019, 04:57PM

I may need to try #1 and replace the surge protector. I've had it for a long time, so maybe replacing it is a good idea.

Always good to start with cheap and simple.  If nothing else, an old surge suppressor may have already taken a hit and not sufficiently protect your PC from surges going forward. So, if it's old, it worth replacing, even if it doesn't solve your immediate problem.  (And realistically, it's probably a 90-95% chance it won't.)

Quote from: Outsider on October 22, 2019, 04:57PM

Question: You said all-in-one PCs are common to overheat with heavy use. Should I continue trying to convert my own 3-D models? Is that considered heavy use? Maybe I should only do that once in a while, once I get the hang of it.

Graphics work pushes the machine harder than most other tasks, meaning it will run hotter.  On a good working machine, you might notice fans getting loud, more heat coming from the vents, and performance degrading as you go along.  In this case, we know you have a hardware failure somewhere; the increased heat will exasperate this. After doing graphics-heavy tasks for a while, you might see the machine completely lock up (where even the mouse won't move), crash / blue screen, or shut itself off entirely (some PCs are designed to do this when they get too hot.)

Right now the machine is at least usable for the moment, but whichever part is partially failing will probably completely fail at some point relatively soon, and pushing the machine harder will make it happen faster.  So, I would suggest holding off for now until the failure is addressed.

What is the model of that system?  It should have a product number on a label that looks something like this: