New MUA side missions

Started by Norrin Radd, September 11, 2007, 07:55PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Norrin Radd on November 11, 2007, 08:24PM
linking together is possible yes, if there would be a short story line or something, it could be great, any suggstions cvc?
i would also like to have one where there are many x-men against enemies, but then i would need many xmen npcs, im not sure of how much work would be needed to convert working heroes to npcs though

Not much. You'd just need to decide what level you want your characters on, see how many skills points the playable version has at that level, and assign away.

what about the powerstyle file, does it need to be changed (like change the names of the moves or something)? i tried to add characters straight up, but they only use default melee fighting moves, no powers

No, you have to edit their herostat (now an npcstat) entry so the moves are active.

IE:
      talent {
      level = 3 ;
      name = gambit_p1 ;
      }

talent {
      level = 3 ;
      name = gambit_p2 ;
      }

talent {
      level = 3 ;
      name = gambit_p3 ;
      }

with "level" being the # of points, and the name being the power's name.

:bowdown1: thank you sir, maybe that could be my next challenge, XMEN vs Brotherhood, Battle Royal, not sure what the setting should be

I'll have to think on that one,most likely a comic story refined.

EDIT: That sounds great,also you could keep it open ended so you could add chapters as they come to you more like cliff hangers.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

November 12, 2007, 05:00PM #82 Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 05:02PM by Norrin Radd
mission pack released (see first post), enjoy and let me know if there are any problems

That's COOL!
You're the man!  :colossus:

Great work! Can't wait to use it!

That was very quick from thought to product like I said your a machine. :hyper:
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

November 19, 2007, 05:10PM #86 Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 08:59AM by Emilio Amaral
 :wolverine:
Could you put a "skill alliance" (talent point) on Wolverine's mission?
I could be hidden (randomly, if possible) inside the rooms.
I would really help for upgrading Logan's powers.

haha, nobody told me i forgot to include the models for things inside the levels, haha, i guess it shows how little interest there are in these missions. Anyway, i updated the link to include the models used in the two levels

I think if they were packaged with the Official Characters mod or something it'd make a bigger difference.  But a lot of people probably get past where you can activate the mission and don't want to start over.

Quote from: BliZZ on November 11, 2007, 08:34PM
No, you have to edit their herostat (now an npcstat) entry so the moves are active.
IE:
      talent {
      level = 3 ;
      name = gambit_p1 ;
      }
      talent {
      level = 3 ;
      name = gambit_p2 ;
      }
      talent {
      level = 3 ;
      name = gambit_p3 ;
      }
with "level" being the # of points, and the name being the power's name.

that seems to work when you switch characters with the npcs, using for example the script changeActivatingHero("Gambit_extra" ), so your powers for that character match the ones you assinged in the npcstat, but it doesnt seem to work when that character is an npc in a map, they just use their melee moves and never do the moves you assigned values to, any ideas why?