Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

Started by Mynexus92, December 06, 2018, 07:09PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was extremely surprised when i saw it today, however i got quite sad when it was switch-only. Aside from the graphics, the MCU focused roster(apparently) really dissapoints me, since the main reason that really got me into MUA was the diversity.

Well, keep in mind Nintendo is publishing this and this is a somewhat unusual situation for them. What other franchises has this happened for? Well, Bayonetta. They funded Bayonetta 2 and 3 and actively sought out getting them made.
A similar thing happened with Metal Gear Solid the Twin Snakes.
Those games, it has been made clear, will never be ported.
There have been a lot of rumors that maybe the same thing happened here.
Nintendo doesn't do stuff like this with other companies' IPs unless they get to keep them exclusive.
I wouldn't hold my breath for a port.

Im more than excited

The fact Team Ninja is developing it is the reason why i have full faith.

I have a ton of games by them and they've all been great.

Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem Warriors, Warriors Orochi 3, Dead or Alive, Ninja Gaiden, etc.

The graphics being highly stylized is fine and judging from the actual gameplay i saw it is VERY much MUA

4 player co-op, TONS of enemies on screen, way more than even 2, GIANT BOSSES RETURN, HUGE sentinels from the Legends games return, Super attacks look to be returning as Iron Man did a GIGANTIC unibeam in the trailer.

I think the fact it's Switch Exclusive is really turning people off alone, normally i don't really care about non-nintendo switch exclusives but i have FULL faith in team Ninja, their IP's they've worked with in this sorta game style have always produced great quality games.

Examples include, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Berserk, Dragon Quest, Gundam, Fist of the North Star, etc.

Relax everyone, try to focus on what actually matters here: the game. Graphics, Story, blah blah blah were never really the main appeal of the MUA games, it was the gigantic roster and chaotic co-op gameplay that won people over.

If you guys are doubting their roster potential, keep in mind the last game they released in this gameplay style, Warriors Orochi 4 (which is a great game btw please get it you'll love it) has 170+ plus freakin characters.

Completely agree Stickbro, thats what I was trying to get across. There's absolutely no reason this game can't play better than the other MUAs considering who is behind it, especially compared to the old ones.

I don't think people have approached this logically by looking at the facts and are letting their feelings about either the graphics or the exclusivity blind them.

I was so excited to hear that it was back. I'm a little confused by the decision to make it a switch exclusive, but I have faith in Team Ninja. Personally, don't care about the graphics. I care about the roster, and I'm sure we haven't seen everyone. The fact that this has Wolverine and Crystal proves that this isn't completely inspired by the MCU. Now if I'm wrong and all we get are the people in the trailer, with no unlockable costumes and characters I will call this a betrayal and hate on it forever. For now, I reserve my judgment.

First Official Screenshots and gameplay details:

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/12/09/marvel-ultimate-alliance-3-gets-its-first-screenshots-and-gameplay-details/

"In this new storyline, heroes and villains unite in a race across the Marvel Universe to find the Infinity Stones before Thanos and The Black Order use them to unleash cosmic chaos. From Avengers Tower to the X-Mansion and beyond, every stop on the dangerous quest to thwart Thanos results in unexpected collisions of fan-favorite characters and iconic locations. Get closer to the action by shifting the view to an over-the-shoulder "Heroic Camera" perspective—a series first that offers a more immersive way to play single-player or multiplayer on up to four systems. Play online, offline via local wireless, or simply pass a Joy-Con controller to a friend, so they can join your team. With another pair of Joy-Con™ controllers (sold separately), four players can team up on one system! The drop-in/drop-out co-op possibilities let players create their own "Ultimate Alliance" at will."

if this isn't Marvel Ultimate Alliance lookin to you idk what to tell ya!

I wonder if the animations sets are gonna be in .IGB lol

They're gonna use Team Ninja's engine, no doubt in my mind.

!) They have several games they've made that can be easily adapted MUA play
2) Thus far we haven't seen a single Alchemy game on Switch, so who knows if it even has been built to run on it yet
3) They're not going to have Team Ninja learn a totally different engine when in-house will do just as well and take less time.

December 12, 2018, 06:41PM #24 Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 12:15AM by LarsAlexandersson
I believe the model ripper might be updated to this soon when it is released: https://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?t=7788

Unless the files are somehow just like Dead Or Alive’s (such TMC (models), PHYD (physics) & -P (textures) files)

Sometimes I wish the Air Combo from XML2 implanted to this game (in addition of Double Jump Cancel), leaving Air Smash as Heavy Attack button only. Including Japanese Voice since this is Koei Tecmo’s Team Ninja developing it
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

December 14, 2018, 07:30PM #25 Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 02:12AM by Maegawa
Quote from: LarsAlexandersson on December 12, 2018, 06:41PM
Sometimes I wish the Air Combo from XML2 implanted to this game (in addition of Double Jump Cancel), leaving Air Smash as Heavy Attack button only.

I 100% agree that the air combo system from XML2 would be a fine addition to MUA. As a matter of fact, it might just be possible, I'll run a few experiments some time...

One thing though, Lars, what is this Double Jump Cancel you mentioned?
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.

December 14, 2018, 09:31PM #26 Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 09:35PM by LarsAlexandersson
Quote from: Maegawa on December 14, 2018, 07:30PM
One thing though, Lars, what is this Double Jump Cancel you mentioned?

I belive you already saw this mechanic on Marvel vs. Capcom & Arc System Works Fighting Games.

For MvC’s case, Strider & Dante.

FYI I made Double Jump Cancel mod for XML2 few years ago
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Got it!

And about this:
Quote from: Maegawa on December 14, 2018, 07:30PM
the air combo system from XML2 would be a fine addition to MUA. As a matter of fact, it might just be possible, I'll run a few experiments some time...

I ran the experiments, and the XML2 air combo system works just fine in MUA, I'll post a video of it at the Proof-of-Concept topic some time...
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.

Quote from: Maegawa on December 15, 2018, 02:11AM
Got it!

And about this:
I ran the experiments, and the XML2 air combo system works just fine in MUA, I'll post a video of it at the Proof-of-Concept topic some time...

This news is very good!
If we can bring this XML2 gameplay to MUA then it will be another great new mod to warm our passion for MUA.

I am very optimistic towards MUA3, even though I won't be able to play it. If it will be successful enough I can see it opening doors for other similar games and maybe even XML3!