Enigma's The Thing Mod

Started by Enigma, September 22, 2023, 06:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 22, 2023, 06:53PM Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 02:39PM by Enigma
:thing:Enigma's The Thing Mod v1.2 :thing:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gDWWUTrwX8ervdwawt5UhTGzo-ILJe5O/view?usp=sharing

This is my mod of The Thing. It contains the following:

Sounds:
*He uses his MUA1 voiced lines and grunts, voiced by Gregg A. Berger.
-He uses his unused MUA1 bored lines.
-I've had 3 of his No Work lines double as No Power lines.
-His Stats and some of his Throw Taunt lines have been reused for other types of lines since those two types aren't used in XML2.
-I switched one of his Victory lines over to Taunt KD because I felt it fit better there and there were other lines I felt fit Victory better.
-I've reused his MUA1 Menu Breaks for various types of lines (except the one about fighting Dr. Doom).
-I've added more lines from his MUA1 NPC conversations.
-I added the 1 Death grunt and 3 Pain grunts from the Dark Thing NPC.
-I've split his Dark NPC Struggle grunt into 8 smaller grunts, which I've used for various types of grunts. Some of these I've used for Pickup grunts, since the playable and NPC versions both don't have any of those in MUA1.
-I created 4 Xtreme callouts for his new Xtreme Boost It's Clobberin' Time. The game will randomly pick from among them when you use this power.
*The Thing has his own unique footstep sounds, which are the ones he uses in MUA2 PC. He has a total of 4 different ones that the game randomly picks from. These also work in hub maps.
*Rock-Solid Uppercut uses 1 of The Thing's Marvel Heroes power sounds.
*Concussive Clap uses its MUA1 Prototype power sounds.
*Earthclobberer uses 2 of its MUA1 Prototype power sounds.
*Rockslide uses his footstep sounds and 1 of The Thing's MUA2 PC power sounds.
*Grimm Shockwave uses 1 of The Thing's MUA2 PC power soundsa and 2 of his Marvel Heroes power sounds.
*Thick Skin uses its MUA1 Prototype power sound.
*Unbreakable Will uses 3 of The Thing's MUA2 PC power sounds.
*Rock and Roll uses 1 of The Thing's MUA2 PC power sounds and 1 of his Marvel Heroes power sounds.
*It's Clobberin' Time uses 1 of The Thing's Marvel Heroes power sounds and 1 of his MUA2 PC power sounds.

Powers:
*I've used his MUA1 Prototype powers coding as a starting point, as that's closer to how XML2 power coding works, and I modified them to powers to work in XML2 as well as rebalanced them for XML2.
*He uses his MUA1 PS2 skeleton and has his MUA1 idle animation.
*He has double jump, block, might, and grab.
*I made some powers require other powers.
*He starts with 5% resistances to Elemental and Physical damage.
-I also removed his unique heavy melee animation and one of his unique knockback animations, because they don't work in XML2.
*I've rewritten all power descriptions to better describe what the powers do and include information that was missing.
*I've rewritten the combo text and added it in where it was missing.
*I've rearranged the order his powers unlock in and changed what their unlock requirements are.
*He has his MUA1 power Uppercut.
-I renamed it Rock-Solid Uppercut.
-In MUA1, its popup levels up but that info is hidden from the player. I've listed it in the power's levelup info.
-This is now a tap the button power instead of a hold the button power like in MUA1.
-I've added a chance for a Deadly Strike to it.
*He has his MUA1 power Hand Clap.
-I've renamed it to Concussive Clap, which is what a similar power in the PS3 version of MUA2 is called.
*He has his MUA1 power Earthclobber.
-This is now a tap the button power instead of a hold the button power like in MUA1.
-It pops up enemies instead of knocking the back like in MUA1, and the popup levels up.
*He has his MUA1 power Bullrush.
-I've renamed it to Rockslide because Juggernaut has a power that's very similar to this that's also called Bullrush.
*I've added his MUA2 Wii power Grimm Shockwave.
-It now also trips enemies.
-I've completely changed how this power works because in MUA2 Wii, it's not actually a shockwave, it's just a beam that comes from his foot. Now it actually is a shockwave.
*The Thing's 2 MUA1 boosts overlap with each other and the passives I've created, and I just didn't like what they did, so I've created 2 new boosts.
-I've reused the name of his MUA1 Thick Skin boost, except now it deflects a percentage of damage done by projectiles and beam attacks and increases his Energy resistance.
-The other boost I've named Unbreakable Will. It decreases $EP cost and increases Combo $XP and Combo Dmg for the whole party.
*He has his MUA1 Prototype passive Heart of Granite.
-I've completely recoded it so that it actually works.
-I've removed the part that increased max HP and replaced it with a chance to not be affected by grab.
*I've added 2 new passives, Melee Mastery and Rock-Solid Skin.
*He has his MUA1 Xtreme Rock and Roll.
-Instead of having a chance to slow enemies, it now always slows them.
-I've also changed it also have the speed they're slowed by and the time they're slowed down for also level up.
*He has his MUA1 Prototype only Xtreme Boost Impervious.
-The coding was very unfinished, so I've finished it.
-Slowed down animation speed.
-I've renamed it to It's Clobberin' Time.
-It now also increases his damage like the default characters' Xtreme Boosts like this do.

Visuals:
*Uses his official MUA1 Prototype cel-shaded Ultimate (01) skin and 3D head, and it's numbered 01 for these reasons.
-This 3D head is used for all non-human skins.
*For his 5 official skins, I made XML2-compatible versions of their default MUA1 PC huds (meaning the original non-OCP versions).
-I'ved used BaconWizard17's New Marvel - Trunks and Future Foundation skins. For those skins, New Marvel uses the MUA1 Original hud and Future Foundation uses the MUA1 Classic hud because those are the skins he reskinned to make those skins.
*He uses his MUA1 icons. I've added onto these his 3 MUA2 Wii exclusive icons, which I've AI Upscaled and Denoised, as well as recolored and repainted portions of to make them higher quality, fix various issues with them, and fit in better with his MUA1 icons.
-Because I was 1 icon short, I've used 1 of the icons BaconWizard17 made for my Cannonball mod, specifically the one for the Thermo-Chemical Energy Mastery passive.
-The icon I used for It's Clobberin' Time is an unused MUA1 icon.
*Rock-Solid Uppercut uses its MUA1 Prototype effect.
*Hand Clap uses its MUA1 PS2 effect.
*Earthclobber uses its MUA1 PS2 effect.
-I've removed the camera shake from it.
*Rockslide uses its MUA1 PS2 effect.
*Grimm Shockwave uses its MUA2 Wii power effect and the dust cloud from its shockwave effect. It uses an impact effect I made. For the shockwave, I've also used an effect by Cohollow that I'd previously used in my Avalanche mod (that he'd also used in his mod of that character) and in recolored form in my Hulk mod. I recolored it to match the color of this power's shockwave effect in MUA2 Wii.
*Thick Skin uses its MUA1 PS2 effects.
*Unbreakable Will uses Die Hard's MUA1 PS2 power effect and an aura effect I made.
*Rock and Roll uses its MUA1 PS2 effects.
-I've removed the camera shake from the impact effect.
*It's Clobberin' Time uses its MUA1 Prototype effect.

Skin List:
-Skin: Ultimate (MUA1 Prototype Cel Shaded) (18201)
-Skin_Astonishing: Modern (MUA1 PS2) (18202)
-Skin_AOA: Human Age of Apocalypse (Me) (18203)
-Skin_60s: Original (MUA1 PS2) (18204)
-Skin_70s: Classic (MUA1 PS2) (18205)
-Skin_WeaponX: New Marvel - Trunks (BaconWizard17) (18206)
-Skin_Future: Future Foundation (BaconWizard17) (18207)
-Skin_Winter: Dark Modern (MUA1 PS2) (18208)
-Skin_Civilian: Human Spacesuit (Me) (18209)

Bonuses:
*Earthclobber MUA1 Prototype Effect: An alternate effect for Earthclobber from the MUA1 Prototype. I've removed the camera shake from it.
*Bonus Skins: All the rest of BaconWizard17's The Thing skins that I didn't use for the default skin set. I've hex edited these for XML2.
*Non-Cel Shaded Default Skins: Non Cel Shaded versions of his Ultimate skin and my human AOA and Spacesuit skins.
*Bonus Loading Screens: An unused version of his MUA1 loading screen that's more accurate to his Modern skin then the default used version.
I've restored it by removing the logos and painting in missing parts, then AI Upscaling it.
*Bonus Conversation Huds:
-Custom AOA MUA1 Style
-Custom Spacesuit MUA1 Style
-MUA1 Cover: I used multiple different partial higher quality versions of his art from the MUA1 cover that I AI Upscaled and merged together.
-MUA1 Loading Screen: Based upon his MUA1 loading screen.
-MUA1 Promo Card: Based upon his MUA1 promo playing card, which I scanned myself.
-MUA1 Unused Alternate Loading Screen: Based upon my version of his unused alternate MUA1 loading screen.
*Bonus Character Select Portraits:
-Custom Human AOA: I used the same design as I did for this skin's default hud.
-Custom Human Spacesuit: I used the same design as I did for this skin's default hud.
-MUA1 Cover: Based upon his MUA1 loading screen.
-MUA1 Promo Card: Based upon his MUA1 promo playing card, which I scanned myself.
-MUA1 Unused Alternate Loading Screen: Based upon my version of his unused alternate MUA1 loading screen.
*Concept Art: A piece of MUA1 concept art by Jeff Butler featuring The Thing, Captain America, Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Dr. Doom. I've put it on an AI Upscaled blank version of the background that the concept art in the XML2 gallery uses and added the same blue border around it that they use too.
*Menu Breaks: By default, he only has 3 Menu Breaks so I've added 3 more.

Credits:
*BaconWizard17: New Marvel (Trunks) and Future Foundation skins, Cannonball Thermo-Chemical Energy Mastery passive icon
*Cohollow: original version of the Avalanche effect that I also used in my Avalanche mod that I modified and recolored for shockwave effect for The Thing's Grimm Shockwave power.

Changelog:
Spoiler
*v1.2:
-Rebalanced Rock-Solid Uppercut, Concussive Clap, and Earthclobber.
-Fixed an issue with packages.
*v1.1:
-Rebalanced Concussive Clap's damage.
-Streamlined powerstyle a tiny bit.