Enigma's Captain Mar-Vell Mod

Started by Enigma, March 26, 2024, 11:39AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Enigma's Captain Mar-Vell Mod v1.0

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1keWYhBO28HFGl2RrnBf6N9FFhJm9zamR/view?usp=sharing

This is my Captain Mar-Vell mod. Since there are multiple different characters named Captain Marvel, I'm calling him Captain Mar-Vell, which is the first thing he's called by another character in his first appearance in the 60s, so I feel this alternate spelling of his name is valid. This mod contains the following:

Sounds:
*Used his MUA1 voiced lines and grunts by Roger Rose.
-I've used his Menu Breaks for various different types of lines.
-I've had some of his No Work lines double as No Power lines because they work well for it, and because No Work lines aren't used very much.
-He has no Bored lines by default so I've added some.
-Since XML2 supports 8 lines per type, and since he has more I See You and Respaffirm lines than that, I've picked the ones I liked the best. Because he has multiple Respaffirms that are different takes of the same word, I've replaced one of them with one of his Menu Breaks.
-In MUA1, his Xtreme randomly picks from between 2 different callouts that are him saying completely different sentences and neither is the name of his MUA1 Xtreme, Big Bang. I've used 1 of them for each of the 2 Xtremes my mod has.
-1 of his CMD Attack Any lines, his Death grunt, and his Pickup grunt are broken in the OCP so I used the versions from MUA1 Xbox 360 Gold.
*He uses his MUA1 fly begin and end sounds.
*Photon Bolt uses 3 of its MUA1 power sounds.
*Shooting Stars uses 1 of its MUA1 power sounds.
*Star Beam uses 1 of its MUA1 power sounds and 1 of Cyclops's MUA1 DLC Optic Beam power sounds.
*Nega Slam uses 1 of its MUA1 power sounds.
*Meteor Shower uses its MUA1 power sounds.
-The OCP versions of 2 of them are broken so I've used the versions from MUA1 Xbox 360 Gold.
*Cosmic Empowerment uses 1 of Nega Slam's MUA1 power sounds and 1 of Star Beam's MUA1 power sounds.
*Nega-Phase uses 1 of Cyclops's MUA1 DLC Roundhouse Kick power sounds and Cyclops's MUA1 DLC Combat X-pertise power sound.
*Big Bang uses its MUA1 power sounds.
-The OCP versions of them are broken so I've used the versions from MUA1 Xbox 360 Gold.
*Energy Conduit uses 1 of Star Beam's MUA1 power sounds.

Powers:
*He uses Iron Man's XML2 skeleton, since some of the animations were very similar to Captain Mar-Vell's MUA1 animations.
-I've removed Iron Man's unique trip animation. Instead, he uses the one from the hero fightstyle.
*He has the hero fightstyle, flight, grab, might, and can see cloaked enemies.
*For all powers from MUA1 that I've used, I've rebalanced them for XML2, recoded them to work in XML2, rewrote the power descriptions, rewrote the combo text (and added it in where it was missing), added in damage types where they were missing, and recoded the AI (and added it where it was missing).
*He has his MUA1 power Nebula Beam.
-I've renamed it to Photon Bolt.
-It's now listed as a projectile instead of a beam.
-It now homes in on enemies.
-It's now a tap the button power instead of a hold the button power.
*He has his MUA1 power Shooting Stars.
-You can't tap the button to get it to shoot stars that damage enemies like in MUA1 because that doesn't work in XML2.
-It now does popup.
*He has his MUA1 power Star Beam.
-It's now listed as a beam instead of a projectile.
-It's now a tap the button power instead of a hold the button power.
-It now pierces and does knockback.
*He has his MUA1 power Negaburst.
-I've renamed it to Nega Slam.
-It now has a chance to do a Deadly Strike instead of a chance to lower stunned enemies' HP by 50%.
-It now does knockback instead of popup.
*He has his MUA1 power Star Fall.
-I've renamed it to Meteor Shower.
-It's now listed as a blast instead of a radial.
-It now stuns enemies instead of popping them up.
*He has his MUA1 boost Cosmic Rage.
-I've renamed it to Cosmic Empowerment.
*He has his MUA1 boost Nega-Phase.
-I've renamed it to Nega Phase.
-It now restores EP for every defeated enemy instead of regenerating HP.
-It now just increases his Attack Rating instead of increasing both that and his damage.
*He has his MUA1 Xtreme Big Bang.
-It's now listed as a Radial.
-It does a static amount of knockback instead of it leveling up, which it never tells the player it does anyway.
*I've added the Regeneration passive.
*I've created the following passives: Photon Mastery, Nega Bands, Kree Physiology.

Visuals:
*He has his MUA1 loading screen.
-I used the unused PC version.
*I made a character select portrait using part of his MUA1 loading screen.
*Since his MUA1 Ultimate hud uses the same art as his loading screen, I used the loading screen to make a XML2 version of the Ultimate hud.
-The huds for the other 3 skins are the OCP's AI Upscaled MUA1 versions.
*He has his MUA1 icons, which are the OCP's AI Upscaled versions.
-His icons are in the XML2 icons' art style, except that the background is a slightly different color, so I removed it and used the XML2 icons' background instead.
-He uses his unused icon for Energy Conduit.
-I used BaconWizard17's higher quality version of the Regeneration icon.
-I recolored BaconWizard17's higher quality version of Sunfire's Fire Mastery icon.
*Uses skins that tubularspaceman Cel Shaded and exported using source files by UltraMegaMagnus.
*Uses 3D heads made by tubularspaceman.
*In MUA1, his wrists and chest glow all the time. I haven't included these in my mod because they can barely been seen and don't make sense on all of his skins anyway.
*I created flight effects since he doesn't have any in MUA1.
*Photon Bolt uses 3 of its MUA1 effects.
-I removed the camera shake from the impact effect.
*Shooting Stars uses its MUA1 effects.
*Star Beam uses modified versions of 2 of its MUA1 effects.
-I also recolored the beam effect.
-I removed the camera shakes from both these effects.
*Meteor Shower uses 2 of its MUA1 effects.
-I removed the full screen flash from the charge effect and modified the rest of the effect so that it wouldn't take so long to appear.
*Nega Slam uses 1 of its MUA1 effects.
-I removed the camera shake.
-I removed the dust cloud, which I felt was out of place.
-I didn't use the impact effect because using impact effects with radials in XML2 is bugged and causes issues.
*Cosmic Empowerment uses its MUA1 charge effect and an aura effect I made.
*Nega Phase uses its MUA1 effects.
*Big Bang uses 2 of its MUA1 effects.
-I didn't use the impact effect because using impact effects with radials in XML2 is bugged and causes issues.
-I removed the camera shake from the charge effect.
-I removed the white fullscreen flash and the smoke cloud from the power effect. I also made the ending yellow flash appear sooner.
*Energy Conduit uses effects I made.
*Nega-Bands uses modified versions of the trail parts of Cosmic Empowerment's MUA1 aura effect.

Bonuses:
*Bonus Loading Screens:
-MUA1 PSP XMB Title Screen: The PSP version of MUA1's XMB title screen image uses art from Captain Mar-Vell's MUA1 loading screen. I AI Upscaled it and replaced as much of the parts that were his MUA1 loading screen art as possible with the higher quality unused PC version of his MUA1 loading screen. I also replaced the logos with higher quality versions.
*Bonus Conversation Huds:
-MUA1 Ultimate Hud: The OCP version of the MUA1 version of his Ultimate skin's conversation portrait.
*Menu Breaks:
-1 of his Menu Breaks are too long and get cut off when the character select menu closes, so I've picked a replacement. 1 of his Menu Breaks isn't in the current version of x_voice but it's just the first half of the one that's too long, which doesn't really fit as a Menu Breaks, so I've also included a replacement for that too. Because they're in an unusual order by default, I've included them all here.
*Patrick Stewart Announcer Callout: I ripped clips of him saying "Captain" and "Marvel" from X2: Wolverine's Revenge and X-Men Next Dimension and edited them together.

Skin List:
-Skin: Mar-Vell Ultimate (tubularspaceman) (17001)
-Skin_Astonishing: Genis-Vell Modern (tubularspaceman) (17002)
-Skin_AOA:
-Skin_60s:
-Skin_70s: Mar-Vell Classic (tubularspaceman) (17005)
-Skin_WeaponX: Genis-Vell Classic (tubularspaceman) (17006)
-Skin_Future:
-Skin_Winter:
-Skin_Civilian:

Credits:
*Official Characters Pack: Captain Marvel MUA1 PC conversion, AI Upscaled icons and MUA1 huds
*tubularspaceman: Cel Shading and exporting skins, making 3D heads
*UltraMegaMagnus: source files for skins