Most Disappointing character(s)

Started by cavillac, December 11, 2007, 10:47AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: muafan on February 26, 2008, 02:34PM
how about pre-mua. this pwer was in the spider-man 2 game.

you've lost me then... :p

The biggest disappointment I had with Cage was his selection of skins. Early history for the character was rather campy...but his set of skins just makes me cry. I think recent writing for his character has made him a very viable candidate for a MUA line-up. (Which is why I am an advocate for new Cage skins!) But if we look at base MUA...without Iron Fist in the game by default (Extemely happy that a mod for him has been released :) ), I would have to agree that it may have been a poor choice.

spiderwoman's pretty bad. Wasn't a huge fan of the human torch either. I mean he looked cool and stuff but I just wanted him to be better than he was. Sigh. Can't win 'em all.

I think the most dissappointing character in the game would have to be Spider-Man.

I love Spider-Man, he's one of my favorites but I think they made him too weak in this game. I guess I was expecting him to be almost as strong as Luke Cage and The Thing, but he still has some awsome attacks.  Idk that's just what I think.

Ok, for me the most dissapoining chars are:

Silver Sufer - He is suppose to have this "super cosmic power" and thanks to balance... he sucks. I didn't like him in the roster cause he is suppose to be one of the most powerfull chars in marvel, so it was just lame to have him playable being so weak... he is the kind of character that is so powerfull is better to have him as an NPC (like Blackbolt). I probably expected a LOT MORE power for a character like him...

Luke Cage - i don't like the character itself... i think he is lame. Maybe if Iron Fist would have made the cut i think Luke would have been more liked. But honestly i don't really like him at all... there are A LOT of more interesting tanks in marvel like She-Hulk that would have made a better roster. As someone already said... i was dissapointed in him making the cut.

Nick Furry - Lame character... same as above... it would have been better to have other char in the roster. His powers are fine but he feels lame. Don't know... just don't like him...

Chars i learned to respect:

Colossus -He is NOT the best bruisier... but i believe that is because is was NOT made to DO damage... but to take it. I think that if you make Colossus into a TANK (meaning defensively) he is a pretty good character.

Elektra -Let's face it... she is NOT the best character in the game. But i learn to like her since she is one of my girlfriend's favorites... and i must admit... i never saw an Elektra like she plays her. Somehow... my gf can make Elektra usefull!

Spider Woman -Same as above... my gf can make Spider Woman an excelent asset to any team. I learn to respect both chars thanks to her... and it's kind of cool, cause i like both characters, but thought they could have been made better... until i saw her playing them... then i learn it was me that sucked at those two chars XD

Cheers

you got yr girl to play mua with you... dang...

March 24, 2008, 01:23AM #36 Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 01:28AM by warmachine300
I agree Blade & Elektra were slight dissapointements. Some characters turned out way beter than i thought they would like Daredevil. I cannot get over how good he is.
I dissagree with the Siderman comment though. Spidey is one of the strongest in the game. Max out the original costume. Use web shield, web warrier and he's unstoppable.

As for Storm, she is easily the BEST character in the game. Only Iron Man & Silver Surfer come close. Blitz and Wirlwind are so effective as well as her whirlwind sheild. Doctor Strange & Human Torch are also very good.

Quote from: warmachine300 on March 24, 2008, 01:23AM
I dissagree with the Siderman comment though. Spidey is one of the strongest in the game. Max out the original costume. Use web shield, web warrier and he's unstoppable.

His Xtreme sucks. I understand why some basic powers don't work on bosses (like one of Nightcrawler's Bamf attacks), but I don't even see the point having an Xtreme that doesn't work on bosses. Typically, I never have any problem with normal enemies using any character in hard mode. So, I almost never use Xtreme on normal enemies. However, I NEED the Xtreme whenever I am low in health. I am only low in health when facing certain bosses, but Bungee Bash can't do a thing to bosses. It is next to useless. Plus, Web Warrior is bugged; it doesn't cost any energy if the enemy cannot be lifted. This means you can spam Web Warrior on bosses (except Mephisto) without worrying about energy issues, which is just the same as using cheat codes.

most disappointing characters to me were as following:

Spider Woman
Elektra
Luke Cage
Nick Fury

Quote from: iammingy on March 24, 2008, 02:55AM
His Xtreme sucks. I understand why some basic powers don't work on bosses (like one of Nightcrawler's Bamf attacks), but I don't even see the point having an Xtreme that doesn't work on bosses. Typically, I never have any problem with normal enemies using any character in hard mode. So, I almost never use Xtreme on normal enemies. However, I NEED the Xtreme whenever I am low in health. I am only low in health when facing certain bosses, but Bungee Bash can't do a thing to bosses. It is next to useless. Plus, Web Warrior is bugged; it doesn't cost any energy if the enemy cannot be lifted. This means you can spam Web Warrior on bosses (except Mephisto) without worrying about energy issues, which is just the same as using cheat codes.
In this case, a Xtreme that doesn't affect a boss include venom and iceman that only "bond" small enemies at the floor

March 24, 2008, 12:38PM #40 Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 12:52PM by iammingy
Quote from: Sasquatch on March 24, 2008, 07:56AM
In this case, a Xtreme that doesn't affect a boss include venom and iceman that only "bond" small enemies at the floor

They still deal the damage, but less?

EDIT: Yes, I was right about Venom. Iceman's didn't do a thing. Too bad.

March 24, 2008, 01:37PM #41 Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 01:40PM by Rasdel
Quoteyou got yr girl to play mua with you... dang...
LOL, yeap... one day she came home and i was playing it... so she was like "What's that game?"... so i gave her the joystick and we played together... now... she's an addict... which is fun, cause i am too XD

IMHO there's nothing like playing offline cooperative games... yeap, i am an old school gamer ^^

QuoteHis Xtreme sucks. I understand why some basic powers don't work on bosses (like one of Nightcrawler's Bamf attacks), but I don't even see the point having an Xtreme that doesn't work on bosses. Typically, I never have any problem with normal enemies using any character in hard mode. So, I almost never use Xtreme on normal enemies. However, I NEED the Xtreme whenever I am low in health. I am only low in health when facing certain bosses, but Bungee Bash can't do a thing to bosses. It is next to useless. Plus, Web Warrior is bugged; it doesn't cost any energy if the enemy cannot be lifted. This means you can spam Web Warrior on bosses (except Mephisto) without worrying about energy issues, which is just the same as using cheat codes.
TOTALLY AGREE... Spiderman is cool and everything but it's kind of boring to use him... plus there are SO many other games out there where he is more "fun" to play with.

Cheers

Been tryin Spider-Woman.  She's downright awful, but I didn't expect much from her, so I guess it's not a big disappointment technically.

March 24, 2008, 03:27PM #43 Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 03:30PM by iammingy
Only the first 2 powers IMO. Her 2 boosts are okay, but they use way too much energy. Her other moves are useless to me. When I play as Spider-woman, I only use the first costume because of the passives.

This is my strategy:
1. Throw out some web balls, walk back, so the enemies will walk into them.
2. When the enemies are stuck in the traps, just blast them with fully charged Venom Blasts or just beat them up with basic melee attacks...
3. Fully charged Venom Blasts can pierce. So, fully charge the move whenever possible. You can hit more than one enemy in one shot usually.

She's an okay character in the game (I used to really really like her), but she can be better. It's really weird that the "Spider-woman" in the game is an amalgam of 3 different characters, where each of them have different powers in comics.

Jessica Drew: Venom Blast-based powers, flight, pheromone secretion, martial arts skills (from Hydra, Tasky, SHIELD)
Julia Carpenter: Psy-webs-based powers, web-swing
Spider Girl: almost all of Spider-man's powers I believe

I guess the Raven people didn't want a Spider-man clone/variant...

True Spidey's extreme is useless but he's still a great character. You get that true spidey feel when using him. What do you mean web warrior is bugged? Even if you can't lift the enemy it will STILL cost you ep. Well my version does on the XBox can't say for other versions though. STORM, CAPTAIN AMERICA, SPIDER-MAN & IRON MAN BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD!!!