Wolverine and the X-Men - cartoon trailer

Started by iammingy, February 04, 2008, 09:04PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: warmachine300 on January 07, 2009, 01:52AM
So far X-Men Evolution was the SECOND BEST x cartoon following the 92 Animated series. This new one has BIG shoes to fill. I take my x-men very seriously

Fixed :D

Well I agree that they're showing a bit too much of Wolverine everywhere, but about the series, it is called Wolverine and the X-Men, so naturally...

I like the show, can't wait to see the the later episodes and Jean... :)

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

Quote from: warmachine300 on January 07, 2009, 01:52AM
So far X-Men Evolution was the BEST x cartoon followed by the 92 Animated series. This new one has BIG shoes to fill. I take my x-men very seriously

no way, the Animated Series was way, way better than Evolution.  The Animated Series and this new one feel like "real" X-Men cartoons, the characters are pretty close to the comic books, Evolution was so distorted and seemed like "X-Men: The OC"
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

January 07, 2009, 06:46PM #33 Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 06:50PM by warmachine300
Evolution & The Animated series were close to the comic books. But the Animated series was more distorted than Evolution on numerous of things.  but this new one is the worst. You must be joking if you think this new one is better than Evolution. Evolution was brilliantly written and so spot on. It won TWO Emmys as well as being nominated for others. Its been 12 episodes OF Wolverine and the X-Men and so far Storm, Cyclops and co have done absolutely nothing. I hardly notice they are there. Everything revolves around Wolverine. That is so insulting and disrespectful to the other characters that Lee, Kirby and co created. The title 'Wolverine & The X-Men' alone  implies that Wolverine is the most important character and everyone else is insignificant. Which is NOT at all a true reflection on the comic books. As if hogging all the X-Men movies was not enough now we have this new cartoon dedicated to him and soon to be new film dedicated all to him again. Urhhh!!!!!

Well you can't really complain, since the show is called Wolverine and the X-Men, naturally it would mostly be about him.

If it was X-Men and he hogged all the screen time (like the movies) then you'd have the right to complain :)

I like the show, it's ok

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

I like it too.  I just watched the end of ep 12.  I am wondering what is going to happen with the cliff hanger at the very end of the episode.  No spoilers please! :)

I must say that I liked the 90s series better though, even though they did distort stuff (I mean come on it was geared for kids, and the comics don't necessarily cater to that group much).  A lot of the stuff that happened in the comics probably had to be censored.  Also I believe it was produced by Sabin, look what they did to the power rangers and what they wanted to do to Sailor Moon.  LOL. 

As for evolution, it was good, but I have to agree with nodoubt and say that I liked the 90s series best of all (well at least until they were coming to the end and just started to put in random stuff and change the animation style...)
  From the Ashes she will rise.

Well, I think this Wolverine stuff is too much. I mean, yeah, I know, that everybody likes him and everything, but Wolverine in the new cartoon and in the films aren't Wolverine enough. I mean, I think the real Wolverine is like in "Pryde of the X-men". I don't want to see Wolverine so good. "He is the best in what he does and what he does isn't nice", it means, he is a positive-negative character. Good and bad, and in the films and in this new cartoon, well, he isn't that big killer type.

I love scarlet witch so much...and I think Polaris is powerful magnetic force she can split pieces fo sentinal....so good.. and Emma frost is powerful telepath than psylocke in battles (time bomb)

I personally only liked the last season of x-men evolution, and not that much. The series from the 90's was MUCH MUCH better. I'd even say it's the second best cartoon based on comic books after Batman TAS. In fact, I started liking superhero comic books because os this cartoon.

X-Men Evolution is so silly with the x-men worrying about stupid things like proms, basketball matches, dates and dresses that it should be called SALEM CENTER 90210.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

Well, in X-Men Evolution the characters were primarily teenagers and the whole high school setting was meant to make it more approachable. I personally grew up watching the Evolution series. I liked it. I've watched the 90s series and that's good too.

Both are good for different reasons.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

The 90's series is by far the best, but Evolution is pretty darn decent as well.  I haven't bothered to watch Wolv & da X-Men because frankly I'm tired of Wolverine being at the forefront of anything that involves him remotely.

Quote from: Nowhere Man on February 23, 2009, 09:41AM
In fact, I started liking superhero comic books because os this cartoon.

thats the same reason i got into comics, the cartoon was just so great for me. i havent been watching this new one, but i already like what i have seen.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

well i've watched up to episode 18, i'm in love with the series. im not sure i like shadowcat and iceman's costumes. but im not in love with jean disappearing, so harsh

am i the only one getting sick of these stylised cartoons? first it was transformers, now its x-men