Wolverine and the X-Men - cartoon trailer

Started by iammingy, February 04, 2008, 09:04PM

Previous topic - Next topic
agreed!

I liked the cartoon a lot...as for it being too stylized, I agree, though it still looks good. I just don't like that ridiculous haircut for Nightcrawler. Wanda and Polaris look great!

Storm is kinda weird...her hair is too big and her nose is odd too. Personality-wise, she's too weak. Will there ever be another (apart from tas) x-toon that makes her justice?

I liked Kitty's and Bobby's costumes.

And, of course, too much Wolverine. Can't stand him anymore. There's a Brazilian blog that counts how many times Logan appears on comics covers everymonth and it's just getting ridiculous. I remember when a kinda liked him.

Other than that....I think this cartoon is very cool. Better than X-Ev.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

March 13, 2009, 08:52PM #61 Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 09:02PM by warmachine300
You must be crazy. TAS version of Storm was the worst one EVER!!. Her voice was stupid and her lines were so unrealistic and melodramatic. You could never take her seriously. Plus they drew her powers very badly. They turned  Storm her into a joke. My friends used to laugh everytime she opened her mouth and always asked me "Why does she talk like that" Everytime she moaned it was like she was having an orgasm! The Wolverine and The X-Men Storm version is alot better. Although I do agree, her hair looks terrible. Like a big hot air balloon. Plus she wasn't given enough screen time. But even when she was, she was knocked around like a rag doll. Evolution Storm was the best of them all. No gimmicks, just a straight up tough lady that could take care of herself, with great combat skills and a great voice actress behind her.

I don't think this show is better than X-EV yet but its better than The Animated series for sure.

Quote from: warmachine300 on March 12, 2009, 10:59PM
Emma was the true STAR of the whole show

I know!, the show must be called "Emma Frost and the X-Men", she was amazing!

Quote from: Nowhere Man on March 13, 2009, 12:24AM
agreed!

I liked the cartoon a lot...as for it being too stylized, I agree, though it still looks good. I just don't like that ridiculous haircut for Nightcrawler. Wanda and Polaris look great!

Storm is kinda weird...her hair is too big and her nose is odd too. Personality-wise, she's too weak. Will there ever be another (apart from tas) x-toon that makes her justice?

I liked Kitty's and Bobby's costumes.

And, of course, too much Wolverine. Can't stand him anymore. There's a Brazilian blog that counts how many times Logan appears on comics covers everymonth and it's just getting ridiculous. I remember when a kinda liked him.

Other than that....I think this cartoon is very cool. Better than X-Ev.

Agreed

Nightcrawler could be look better than that, Lorna and Wanda, just AMAZING especially Wanda, Storm's hair was to big, lol, she look better with her look when she was in Africa.
Some details...
Wolverine... too much of him... again O_o nothing personal, Wolvie is cool, but come on, leader of the x-men? and Cyke and Emma?
Ok Cyke was crying like a baby for Jean, who was the lady who everyone has to rescue... again, why?, Jean again has the lowest profile in a show, but ok that was the big door for Emma's time to shine so I'm happy of that :)

Anyway, good show, glad that are a second season in production.

:emmafrost:
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

March 13, 2009, 09:21PM #63 Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 09:27PM by nodoubt_jr
Quote from: warmachine300 on March 13, 2009, 08:52PM
You must be crazy.

Board Rules:
Quote from: Teancum on August 04, 2008, 12:45PM
  • Be kind to other users and Don't be rude.
    You all know what's rude and what's not.  We're all adult enough for that.
Respect! If you don't agree, that's cool, but don't call people crazy just because you disagree.

and sorry no matter how hard you try you will never convince me (and i have a feeling a couple of other people on this board), that anything X-Men Evolution is better than X-Men TAS. X-Men TAS Storm was the closest to the comics Storm than any of the other cartoon versions.

Anyways, don't be rude and stay on topic.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

March 14, 2009, 12:56AM #64 Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 01:22AM by Nowhere Man
well, I watched TAS in portuguese and her voice was great, plus, the actress didn't overact. Maybe ZOS, Sasquatch and xlehnsherr can back me up on this. I have watched some parts of tas in english and I agree her voice isn't very good.

you could say that she was a bit too melodramatic when she summoned the elements and stuff, but her personality, screentime, leadership skills, conflits and so were the closest to the comics.

in X-Ev she was not the Storm I know, she was "aunt Ororo".

and nodoubt_jr is right...don't be rude!

She was still Aunt Ororo to Mijinari in TAS so I don't understand that comment. Well it wasn't my intention to be rude to you Nowhere man. So apologies. However we'll just agree to disagree. Its not just her voice which is wrong. Its a combination of many things that just didn't make sense. For the most part it was the script,continuity errors and censorship that ruined the show. As for her combat skills, she didn't seem to have any. Neither of them did. For all that training in the danger room I couldn't see how it was paying off. or There were some stand out moments and great episodes but by cartoon standards it was pretty average. Anyways, back to Wolverine and the X-Men, Season 1 ended very nicely so season 2 should be stronger. More screen time needs to be given to the other characters on the show. And Emma Frost must return!

don't worry about it, I didn't take offense. And I've already accepted the fact that the two of us never agree on anything =P. Perhaps when can at least agree to disagree.

well, there was only one episode with Mijnari and even there she wasn't "aunt Ororo". She was the main character of that episode. Unlike Evolution, where she was the supporting character for the others, specially Spike.

And in TAS she had great skills, like when she destroyed 2 sentinels with one lightning, or when she flooded Genosha, or when she sent 3 sentinels to oblivion with a hurricane, or shen she beat Callysto without using her powers, or when all the X-Men couldn't stop her when she stopped restraining herself in the Savage Land, or when all the X-Men were fighting the brotherhood and she just disposed them with a tornado so they could go after Mystique, or when she threw an entire building over Juggernaut. In TAS she was so powerful!

I remember that in Ev. when I thought I was finally going to see storm kick ass in the first epidose with the sentinel...she started walking all powerfull with a twister around her and all she did was barely damage the sentinels arm. The only time she was really powerful was in the last episode when apocalypse was controling her.

Having mastery over your powers isn't the same as having great combat skills. I was mainly talking about how alert & tactical she was. However, you mentioned some interesting moments so let me address them: The Savage Land was down to Sauron & Garrok not her. The fight with Callysto was another example of censorship and bad choreography. In between the battle she was kind enough to take her eyes off Callysto, look down at the floor, stay silent while Callysto insults her. And to make matters worse, she responds by 'growling' at her.

And yes I remember that episode (A Rogue's Tale) when she disposed of the Brotherhood by hurricane but she also damaged public property with no remorse. And to make matters even worse, in 'Unstoppable Juggernaut'(which you just mentioned) she picked up a whole building by hurricane and dropped it right onto Juggernauts head. How many innocent people must have died due to that insensitive action? Showing yet again, a lack of remorse or responsibilty. That's not very Storm-like to me. Or don't tell me the building was abandoned. if so how did she know? Then Jubilee runs straight up to Storm with a haste of excititment saying the words "You Killed Him" Now, If he died would that really be cause for celebration?  In'Deadly Reunions' after Magneto took out Rogue & Cyclops, she was looking straight at him doing nothing which allowed him to blast her in the back. So again, where is this danger room training paying off?

The sentinels were far too easy to destroy in TAS. For a goverment funded project you would assume that a lot of time and effort went into making the sentinels. And to see them destroyed in one attack by a lightning bolt or one kinetically charged card is laughable. The Sentinels in WAX & XEV were spot on. They were made to be tough and not pushovers.

And whether your in a leading role or a supporting one, you should never insult the intelligence of your audience members and that's what I felt XTAS Storm and the cast and crew did on multiple occasions.

I could go on but hey....life is too short.

But yeah your right. we do agree to disagree. Its nice to have a debate from time to time though. One thing I did agree with you on though is Storms hair and nose in WAX it does looks weird.

March 14, 2009, 11:26AM #68 Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 11:52AM by Nowhere Man
well, at least one thing =P

well, you can't blame the cartoon for it's heavy censorship, they couldn't even use real weapons or guns back then, that's why Storm and Callisto had a lightsaber fight =P. But she did defeat Callisto, whose only powers are physical, just as she did in the comics. I believe public property comes second to the other x-men's lifes, so she would have done the right thing, considering that mystique was after rogue and they had to hurry, plus she didn't break that many things. When she threw a building on Juggernaut is was clearly abandoned, in fact, it was condemned. And she didn't nor would have celebrated Jug's death, she only did that cause she knew it wouldn't kill him, Jubilee's jubilation was kid stuff, and she answered that statement saying that nothing they knew could kill him. Oh, and remember Jubilee saying something like "if I can beat Sauron, Storm will be easy" just to be knocked out or her pteranodon the next second. The final fight was between Garokk and Sauron, but Garokk only became powerful because of Storm and Sauron only became powerful cause he touched Garokk, so she was the source of power for all that conflict.

You also have to think that TAS was made when cartoons and even comics were supposed to be for kids, so they didn't worry that much about realism or choreography. Back when it was made it was considered very good. They weren't insulting the audience's intelligence, cause they were supposed to be kids, not the 20 and 30 something people that watch these cartoons as well nowadays. You are also undermining how important this cartoon was to change that scenario cause even though they coudn't put much violence, they did have awfuly mature stories and theme for cartoons at the time. If today people can put more realistic violence in cartoons such as XEV and WAX it is in great part due to TAS!

I do enjoy our debates! It's always cool to find someone who has different opinions than yours, cause after these debates, both sides come out with more intellectual baggage than before. So, they help me stay sharp =P.

But enough of this, this topic is about WAX, if you want continue this debate, let's open another topic.

Nah, I'm over it lol. But yeah debating is fun. Back on to WAX, what episodes were among your favorites? I just learnt that the BBC have been editing episodes and cutting them short which is a great shame. I'm going to have to look for all the Canadian episodes to see them fully uncut.

How did they cut the episodes short?
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

blah blah blah Nowhere Man and warmachine300, get back on topic, last warning and next time just pm each other. And Nowhere Man  :thumbsup:
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Quote from: warmachine300 on March 14, 2009, 12:15PM
Nah, I'm over it lol. But yeah debating is fun. Back on to WAX, what episodes were among your favorites? I just learnt that the BBC have been editing episodes and cutting them short which is a great shame. I'm going to have to look for all the Canadian episodes to see them fully uncut.

They are editing episodes?? Wow, that's really bad, but answering your question, I love the ep 4. when Emma battles the Shadow King, and the ep. when they rescue nitro from the brotherhood (Emma kicking Psylocke a**, was awesome, nothing personal against Betsy, just I loved how Emma teach her a lesson), I like the episodes when Scarlet Witch appear, and the 3 final episodes, especcially when Scott and Emma rescue Jean (the end not my fav. but was a good episode).

Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

March 14, 2009, 12:31PM #73 Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 01:19PM by Nowhere Man
yeah, here in Brazil the voices turned out terrible, both TAS and XEV voices were a lot better. I only watched 7 episodes so far, the first 3, the one with shadow king, when Kurt and Wanda go to Mojoworld, when Angel becomes Archangel and the one where Gambit seduces Polaris. My favourite was the one with Gambit. Wanda was great in that episode! Loved when Gambit said something like "her father's powers and her sisters temper" regarding Polaris.

Quote from: Nowhere Man on March 14, 2009, 12:31PM
yeah, here in Brazil the voices turned out terrible, both TAS and XEV voices were a lot better. I only watched 7 episodes so far, the first 3, the one with shadow king, when Kurt and Wanda go to Mojoworld, when Angel becomes Archangel and the one where Gambit seduces Polaris. My favourite was the one with Gambit. Wanda was great in that episode! Loved when Gambit said something like "her father's powers and her sisters temper" regarding Polaris.

Well here in Mexico the voices sounds good, Cyke and Storm not so good, but Emma, Wolverine, Kitty and Scarlet witch sound like I imagine they should sound at least in spanish, lol :)
Yes that episode when Gambit seduces Polaris was really good, he was so charming lol, and Polaris, oh my dear Lorna, so innocent, yeah Wanda was amazing in that episode.
Is there an option in the forum to put spoilers in the comments??? As I told here in Mexico the show has ended, so I don't wanna say something that reveal details that another person don't wanna know ^_^

Phoenix Endsong #5