Official Characters -- Beta v3 RELEASED (Mar 21, 2008)

Started by Teancum, March 21, 2008, 05:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: iammingy on June 01, 2008, 09:16PM
Do the powers deal damage though?
If "yes," then you are just missing the effects files....

Which ones? I am not the person who put togther this mod, but I want to know...

Most of the cyclops files were older, and the scripts as well.

Hey, is there a 360 coversation & the 360 coversation voice in there. I did'nt see coversations in that Official Character V3. Still researching it.

First of all - Thanks very much for putting this mod together.  It is awesome!!!!!!

Second - I installed the mod and it went through just as the instructions stated.  I was able to use HeroSelect to incorporate the new characters.  However, I noticed that none of the flying characters can fly anymore.  Did I miss something?  Please let me know if there is a quick fix for this.

Thanks,

Joe

Quote from: Power Cosmic on June 03, 2008, 06:04PM
Hey, is there a 360 coversation & the 360 coversation voice in there. I did'nt see coversations in that Official Character V3. Still researching it.

The modders can't make everything exactly like the 360.

June 04, 2008, 05:42AM #126 Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 05:56AM by jshabouk
iammingy - I did start a new game.  I installed a vanilla MUA.  Made a backup copy to a new directory.  Installed the mod, and the hotfix.  Changed the character lineup with Herostart, activated it and launched MUA.  Started a new game in there and was working my way through the levels.  But when I tried to put in someone (I tried Iron Man, Thor, etc) who should fly, he won't launch or double jump, just fell flat on his face!  ;-)  Is there some attribute that I need activate or sometjhing like that to enable flying again?

Thanks,
Joe

EDIT:  I have been doing some reading in the forums...is there any chance that the moveset1 = moveset_flying entry has been modified in the HeroStat file, impacting all flyers?

You can check if that "moveset1" line is still there by opening /data/herostat.xml with a text editor like notepad, then search for ironman or other flying characters

Is there a chance that the line could have been removed for all characters when I compiled the files using HeroSelect?

I'm actually at work now, but will work on this when I get home tonight (i'm trying to get as many possible solutions before I get home)

Thanks,
:wolverine:

No i do not think that line was removed by Heroselect if you did not edit those entries in the herostat.cfg file.

I had read somewhere that there is a Master Line of code somewhere in the shared_talents file (in the data folder) or the talents file that enables flight overall.  Does anyone know what this is so I can check it out?  Maybe it got changed somehow.

Thanks VERY much.

June 05, 2008, 02:11AM #131 Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 02:14AM by §HunTer_!3§™
can you guys teach me how to us hero select? because even if i pick other heroes (like nightcrawler) it still uses the default team also i cant see venom and doctor doom in heroselect. please help. :bowdown:

Did you put xmlb-compile program in the c:/windows folder?

I got: Magneto & Cyclops New Version is in here

Magneto(Classic & 80's skins)
http://www.box.net/shared/fsq6pesmc6

Cyclops(Astonishing Mannequin)
http://www.mediafire.com/?entteb9fizw

Magneto does'nt have announcer & break in the character menu, i wish he had