Dihan's Mods

Started by Dihan, July 05, 2008, 03:32AM

Previous topic - Next topic
power3-not-working's gotta be an uploading error... maybe you uploaded an older powerstyle.... dunno

all the other powers DO have effects for me.

I'm going to be uploading v1.02b soon using the exact files I use in my game, straight from my MUA directory. If that doesn't solve the problems then at least I know it's not my files that are at fault. :P
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

My guess is that's the issue. There's no reason yours should be working and others aren't if we were using the exact files.

Dihan -
If you like, I can do a voice set. I don't have any custom sounds, but if you tell me a character from XML2 or MUA that you think he'd sound like, I can put a set together. You can use NPCs, but they'll have less sounds to go with.

What I usually do is pick a voice set that makes sense from one of the games, but from a character I wouldn't normally play alongside Northstar. That way, he at least sounds unique when you're playing him. Maybe XML2 Iceman, with some "freeze" references omitted? 

If you don't mind, that would be great.

Hey, never noticed this thread. Nice conversion mod.

Here's a voice set. Just drop it in sounds/eng/n/o next to the power sounds and you should be good to go.

Northstar Voice Sounds

It's primarily Iceman from XML2, with a few sounds from MUA iceman thrown in where he was lacking. Don't worry--Northstar will never say "Chill Out!"

I really like this mod. I hope you can polish up those few issues that remain.

Thanks for the sounds.

Just FYI guys, I've got about 5-6 decent voice sets (large ones) from other games.  If you want someone totally unique from and XML/MUA character let me know.

Teancum, would you mind releasing those under random names somewhere, so that it is possible to test them out?

Sure.  I'll try to get em zipped up tonight.

Dihan, I got a friend to do some xtreme callouts for me for some of my mods. I'm going to update my Northstar mod with a voice set that includes the callout. If you want to include it in your conversion, watch out for my XML2 update.

FYI: The voice I did for Northstar says a generic "XTREME!" when he does his extreme move.

Be nice to have a custom set, Shafcrawler.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but the mod shows MANY errors for me.
1. In version v1.02b (fresh install) Northstar doesn't have any powers in game (in the selection screen they are there. Installing 1.02 over 1.0 fixes that.
2. The directory for HUD is wrongly named HUDs
3. Power icons are square instead of round (wrong alpha channel/transparency number?)
4. The power "Blinding Flash" shows a generic icon (IIRC 4) and does not work in game (Installing 1.02 over 1.0) for me.