PS3/360 (Vicarious Visions' version) talk and Official News [renamed]

Started by jonchang, July 25, 2008, 03:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Does the DS play like other consoles or is it going to be completly different (sorry dont know much about consoles)
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

A little different with mini games. So this is the roster so far.

Initial

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Wolverine
Spider-Man
Hulk
Phoenix
Mr. Fantastic
Invisible Woman
Human Torch
Thing
Storm
Daredevil
Ms. Marvel
Luke Cage
Venom
Green Goblin
Songbird
Penance
Deadpool
Iron Fist
Gambit
Iceman

360/PS3 Exclusives

Juggernaut

WII/PSP/PS2 Exclusives

Cyclops
Blade
Psylocke

DS Exclusives

Sentry
She-Hulk

There is a WII video of gameplay but not worth posting.

IW and Torch seem the same as MUA and Iceman looks different.

Psylocke looks like her XMLI converted plus powers from NodoubtJr's mod of her. She has the same idle, something which looks like a tk spear and even a power like her tk slam.

I dunno, I'd sure like to see what it looks like.

Everything for it looks the same as MUA except in a slight super-deformed style. You can tell it was built for the PS2 and then ported to the Wii. It's a shame when the Wii can handle a lot more than that - just look at games such as Metroid Prime 3.

Though it does look likely that we could be able to get things from the PS2 or Wii versions of the game. Just look at this screenshot, for example:

Recognise the flying SHIELD agent from anywhere?
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Just found the Vii video too -- it REALLY looks like they're using Alchemy, and they're most definitely reusing models.

I know I'm dissapointed. The Ps2 looks exactly like MUA1. If not for Cyke and Psylocke there would be no point for me to get the Ps2 version.

Where can i watch the video, i want to check out Psylocke. I really hope we can use some of that stuff in MUA1, if we cant get a pc version of MUAII maybe we can at least use some of the newer models.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

I'm not disappointed if it means we can get MUA2>MUA1 conversions for characters like Songbird, Green Goblin, Iron Fist, Penance, Psylocke, etc.

Though right now it looks unlikely that I'll get any version. It's just not one of my gaming priorities any more.

Psylocke:
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

http://pax.gamespot.com/video/6216798/?hd=1&tag=top_stories;play_btn;7

Sue and Torch look the same.

Oh well new characters make it up and new storyline but still dissapointed.

I can't believe it, Psylocke is exactly like her XML1 version just with some new powers, she even has the same stance animation... same with IW and Human torch.
What a shame I thought that she (Psylcoke) would be unique especially since she's an exclusive character, this is dissapointing...

But on the other side it could be great if the models can be imported so we can use them in MUA1

:emmafrost:
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

I'm thinking of getting the 360 version instead. The graphics for Ps2 are just MUA's, the powersets are XMLs or MUa's. I just hope Cyke and Psylocke will be DLc.

Dude I'm willing to buy that game for the PS2 if it's possible to use those models. I still own a PS2..

Yeah but your only buying it for models.

You guys are all ripping on the PS2 version, but odds are if they weren't able to reuse lots of stuff there wouldn't be one.  I'm just glad they had that stuff to reuse -- that means they focused on gameplay and any new stuff they needed.