PS3/360 (Vicarious Visions' version) talk and Official News [renamed]

Started by jonchang, July 25, 2008, 03:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Honestly, I think it could have been far worse.  Storm has definitely worn some pretty bad costumes in her day.  And some of these alternates have looked far worse than this one.

September 08, 2009, 06:58PM #1277 Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 07:01PM by Burning Rage
Storm...  I can't help but shake my head at the awfulness of her costume.  Almost every costume in this game sucks, especially the alternates.  I mean... wow.  I wonder why Raven isn't doing MUA2 and VV is?  Raven did a much better job with their games.  With this one, all of the characters look like trash, and their alternates are even worse.  The art director should not have a job after this game gets released, because these are some of the worst looking and proportionally challenged characters I've ever seen.  I seriously mean it.  That guy needs firing asap.

Raven rocks.  Activision please bring them back.  If you have any sense at all, bring them back.  Vicarious Visions, at this point, looks like they're just awful.  Put them back on porting to the Wii and keep them away from the main consoles... please :runaway:
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

I don't mind the default. They look great. Now the alternates need some work for some characters.

Quote from: ragincajun on September 08, 2009, 06:52PM
Honestly, I think it could have been far worse.  Storm has definitely worn some pretty bad costumes in her day.  And some of these alternates have looked far worse than this one.
but at least they were mostly things people might wear during war-time. the only opposition to that theory i can think of is penance, and he doesn't really care in the first place.

September 08, 2009, 07:00PM #1280 Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 07:05PM by shadow
I don't like feeling accomodated. I always expect the game to be even better the its previous one. But it seems they don't give a f*ck to this. They think they can repeat all the fightstyles, powers, characters and etc and we won't notice...

Fan's opinion should count a little more, after all, WE are gonna buy the game anyway...

September 09, 2009, 02:49AM #1281 Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 02:57AM by TheStorm
I have mixed feelings about Storm's costume.

I think it's ok, but I wish they did some other costume.

The costume is weird to begin with...

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

I think the costume is actualy cool,im not gonna use it alot since i prefer the blue one.
My deviant art page!!!
$$$ http://sabrerine911.deviantart.com/ $$$

Quote from: Burning Rage on September 08, 2009, 06:58PMStorm...  I can't help but shake my head at the awfulness of her costume.  Almost every costume in this game sucks, especially the alternates.  I mean... wow.  I wonder why Raven isn't doing MUA2 and VV is?  Raven did a much better job with their games.  With this one, all of the characters look like trash, and their alternates are even worse.  The art director should not have a job after this game gets released, because these are some of the worst looking and proportionally challenged characters I've ever seen.  I seriously mean it.  That guy needs firing asap.

Raven rocks.  Activision please bring them back.  If you have any sense at all, bring them back.  Vicarious Visions, at this point, looks like they're just awful.  Put them back on porting to the Wii and keep them away from the main consoles... please :runaway:

Totally true on every point.  I've loved every Raven Software game that's come out.  VV disappoints me a little bit more every day.  I'm sure the professional reviewers are gonna really rip into things like alternate costume choices and character models when it comes down to it.

Still, I sortof feel bad for VV.  Dan Tanaguay had said they worked 60+ hours for over a year to get this out.  Must be a bit of a bite to the keyster to know that some decisions made early on are gonna tick off fans and gamers alike.

Yuk. Storm looks like the tranny that hangs around the corner of my block ¬¬''
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

Quote from: Nowhere Man on September 09, 2009, 06:20AM
Yuk. Storm looks like the tranny that hangs around the corner of my block ¬¬''

How do YOU know its a tranny Nowhere man?  :P :rofl:

if you can't tell the difference between a tranny and a woman, you're in for some trouble in the future. =P
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

I like Storms alt. costume.  It's a updated version of her original costume with a touch of some African elements.
The only thing I think they could have tried better is a full cape. 

For me, most of the skins are good, but this is due to the lack of comics in Hungary.