Storm vs Jean Grey (NOT PHOENIX)

Started by warmachine300, January 22, 2009, 06:44PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've been thinking about this battle for a long time and can't decide who would be victorious. My first thought would be Jean . Her telekinesis is a dangerous weapon and her mental abilities even more so powerful. She could pull storm apart like a rag doll and mentally disable her. However, Storm has a lot of pluses on her side. With high mental resistance and the ability to control the elements. Her best offence against Jean would be her ability to manipulate temperature. Since hypothermia can affects the brain to enormous effect Jeans mental powers one could argue would prove useless against Storm. And since all Jeans power stem from the mind its hard to say if jean could over come it. Which then would give Storm the upper hand. And in hand to hand combat I can't see Storm losing to Jean even though Jeans has some combat skills of her own, Storm is the better fighter. Ever way, it would be a very close fight but something tells me Jean would win. What do you guys think?

PLEASE NO PHOENIX NONSENSE!

Hats off to Jean! She's a very powerful psychic mutant, if not the most powerful after Professor X! One single telepathic attack is more than enough to knock Storm down, if not leave brain dead for good!
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

I always hated that Jean named woman. But, I always wanted to controll weather (am I the only one, who doesn't loves/likes Jean?!).

I would have to say that Jean would win if it was a battle with powers.  Jean would probably be able to hit Storm first, which might give her the upper hand.  If Jean wanted to be evil, she could manipulate Storm claustrophobia as well.
  From the Ashes she will rise.

As I wanted to say: Jean is a cheater and evil. Oh come on! She has that big power, because the Phoenix. And without it, she isn't that fighting type.

Your wrong. Her telepathy alone could clear out most of the x-men alone bar xavier and maybe Storm

So: BEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Storm is way better guv!

I think Jean will be the winner. Her Telekinetic power is powerful and She can create Psysic shield for defense herself from Strom power.
And Jean can use telepathic blast....However Storm can create Tornado and thunderstorm. If storm create whirlwind and against Jean....If Jean cannot focus her power she cannot attack storm.....

February 09, 2009, 03:52AM #8 Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 05:03AM by Nowhere Man
No doubts for me, Storm would definitly win this match for several reasons:

1. Storm has been attacked telepathicly by the Shadow King ever since she was a little child and has learned to defend herself from this type of attack very effectively. We have to remember that the Shadow King is a VERY powerful telepath, almost as powerful as Xavier. Furthermore, Professor himself has raised her minds defense to amazing levels and other great telepaths such as Exodus and Mr. Sinister have claimmed that her mind is most difficult to access. She has also beaten the hell out of Emma Frost in X-Treme X-Men.

2. Storm is a better leader, strategist and warrior than Jean. She has led the X-Men, Morlocks, Fantastic Four, X.S.E. and is now the queen of the most prosperous nation in Africa. For over 25 years Storm has always been the leader. Unlike Jean, she's not insecure about her powers and is able to come up with great combat strategies very quickly. Since Jean herself has been on teams led by Storm, it's safe to say that she knows very well Jean's weaknesses and how to exploit them.

3. In a physical combat Jean would be defeated very easily. She has always relied on her powers and we almost never see her do anything in battle that's not being done with powers. On the other hand, Storm has defeated some very skilled fighters like Callisto for the leadership of the Morlocks and Cyclops himself for the leadership of the X-Men, both fights without using her powers.

4. Since Jean's telepathy wouldn't be so useful in this fight, she would have to use telekinesis. Storm has beaten Candra, leader of the X-Ternals with hundreds of years of experience, whose power was telekinesis. And she didn't get lucky, she beat Candra TWICE.

5. Storm has on some occasions knocked people out by simply controling the electric discharges of their brains. This is hard for her to do on normal people, but on a psychic mutant, whose brain discharges are hundreds of times more intense, she could do it instantly.

6. Storm is far more powerful than people think. It has been shown on more then one occasion that if she lose control of her emotions she could bring a new ice-age to earth and kill the vast majority of all living creatures. She could also use her powers to create vacum making Jean unable to breathe, enhance air-pressure a hundredfold, freeze her in a heartbeat or even use electrolysis to split the water molecules in a human body instantly dehidrating someone.

7. It has been stated several times that telekinetic shields are not able to defend against electricity because it's immaterial. Electricity is not a substance, it's a chemical reaction.

Storm would gracefully hand Jean's ass to her.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

Jeans brain waves are electro magnetic so any attempts Storm makes to attack jean with electricity will just intensify Jeans psyhic shield. So her electricity would have no effect. I think you over estimate Storm mental resistance its not that indestructable. And Storm will fall short if Jean manipulates her claustrophia every time. Its  Jeans Telekenisis thats the killer. She could rip Storm apart within a couple of seconds and no amount of whirlwind armour or bad weather can change that. That's instant FATALITY!!! And on hand to hand, again Jean would win because she'll know what move Storm would go for before she even does so she'll be able to defend herself and counter attack.

Saying electricity will have no effect is like saying a penguin can't be frozen just because it lives in icy climates.

The Phoenix is Omega level, just Jean (as this thread is about) is just an Alpha mutant. Storm is either Alpha or Omega depending on the definition you use. The character that wins is who the fan likes best.

Any character can kill any other if you resort to making them vegetables.

I say it would be a draw.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

did any one here read X-Men: Worlds Apart, Storm was kick ass there.  But i would probably go with Jean, between her psychic powers and telekinesis i dont think many stand a chance.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Actually Jean is Omega Level, but that doesn't mean she's more powerful, just means she has unlimited potential, not actual power. Elixir is also an omega level mutant and any senior x-men would defeat him easily.

The fact that Storm could knock Jean out controling the eletric discharges of her brain the second she tried to use any power would make the fight end instantly.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

At the end of the day. Jean is telepathic! So game over. She'll know what Storm's next moves are before even Storm does. So she'll just counter attack everything! Storm cannot win this.

Well...I heard, that telepathic attacks could be dodged too, so this is not that easy.