MUA2 Official site characters reveal (updated w/ May's clue)

Started by Gevth, February 21, 2009, 05:44PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: marvelfan12345 on April 02, 2009, 06:41PM
Well Thor or the Hulk weren't in the Civil War, so that doesn't really matter. Most X-Men weren't in it either. Also Jean is more unique than Emma. She has telekinetic powers and telepathy plus the Phoenix Force. Emma has telepathy too, but nothing else besides a diamond form which could be replicated by the Hulk or the Thing. Plus her telepathy is much weaker than that of Jean's. Plus the X-Men writers are planning to resurrect Jean. They've practically announced that Jean will come back from a connection with Hope (Messiah Complex baby). They've given some clues that have given it away, so you can check wiki.

Thor may not have been in Civil War, but his clone was. The Hulk is just an iconic character, I don't really like him but he should be in. Jean may be powerful, but I'd prefer the REALLY powerful characters to be left out. If they're not the most powerful characters in the game then people will complain. Jean isn't unique, other telepathic and telekinetic people:

Madelyne Pryor
X-Man
Marvel Girl
Cable
Quentin Quire
Dr Strange (basically, but he can do anything)
Franklin Richards

How many other characters can turn into diamond? Not to mention Emma is the current co-leader of the X-Men. A role a lot more important than Jean's current one - dead. I don't care if Jean will come back to life for the umpteenth time. Emma has also been possessed by the Phoenix Force so she isn't a weakling as far as telepathy is concerned - it rivals Xavier's power.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

April 03, 2009, 02:01AM #136 Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 02:04AM by warmachine300
Exactly. Jeans not the only one who has controlled the phoenix force others have too. Emma's telepathy is on par's with Jeans. Maybe Psylockes is slightly weaker. I think all three should be in the game as maybe DLC. But if they include Jean then it should be WITHOUT Phoenix powers like she was in Legends 1, Otherwise the whole game wouldn't make sense. For me it didn't really work what they did with her in Legends 2.

I'm happy that he's in but I don't like the black body armor that breaks up his yellow belt. It just doesn't look right.

Quote from: Dihan on April 03, 2009, 01:21AM
Thor may not have been in Civil War, but his clone was. The Hulk is just an iconic character, I don't really like him but he should be in. Jean may be powerful, but I'd prefer the REALLY powerful characters to be left out. If they're not the most powerful characters in the game then people will complain. Jean isn't unique, other telepathic and telekinetic people:

Madelyne Pryor
X-Man
Marvel Girl
Cable
Quentin Quire
Dr Strange (basically, but he can do anything)
Franklin Richards

How many other characters can turn into diamond? Not to mention Emma is the current co-leader of the X-Men. A role a lot more important than Jean's current one - dead. I don't care if Jean will come back to life for the umpteenth time. Emma has also been possessed by the Phoenix Force so she isn't a weakling as far as telepathy is concerned - it rivals Xavier's power.

Well to each his own. I'm happy that Iron Fist is in though.

http://www.herohq.com/forums/viewthread/125/

Update April 23rd:  We'll be revealing a heavily-anticipated character in May.  More details to come!

These guys like to put clues in every word. I think the "heavily" is somethin' like it for She-Hulk

Hopefully its Jean Grey. Would also like Punisher or Ms. Marvel.

I would discard Jean Grey

I'm sorry fans of her, but she's just not a possible character, she have not relevant relashionships with people outside the x-men. She is not like Storm or Wolverine. And her importance for Civil War is zero, btw she was already explored in a lot of games and movies and other media, I'm sick of her. We need new and interesting characters for this game, characters with personality. 

Agree, as I love Jean, she has nothing to do in civil war, it's probably that she isn't in the final roster, maybe a DLC.
They going to anounce a heavy anticipated character, well i think Ms. Marvel or She Hulk have more chances than Jean.
Anyway, I want Emma Frost :)

:emmafrost:
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Update May 6th:

We've got two character reveals this month. 
That makes clues a little bit trickier this time around, as they could apply to one, the other, or both.

First clue!

For this character, mutant powers run in the family.

Cyclops and Cable?

Cloak and Dagger?

Families of mutants include:

Nightcrawler - Mystique, Abyss, Nocturne, etc
Cyclops - Havok, Cable, Rachel Summers, X-Man, etc
Cannonball - relatives include Husk, Aero, Icarus, etc
Emma Frost - Adrienne, Cordelia and the Cuckoos
Magneto - Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Nocturne, Wiccan, Speed, Polaris
Colossus - Magik and Mikhail

Just some ideas. I personally don't think Cannonball is likely. It'll probably be Cable.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.