MUA2 Official site characters reveal (updated w/ May's clue)

Started by Gevth, February 21, 2009, 05:44PM

Previous topic - Next topic
My money is on Cable since he was in a trailer but hasn't been "Officially" revealed.

Quote from: kyle29 on May 08, 2009, 03:21PM

That makes clues a little bit trickier this time around, as they could apply to one, the other, or both.

First clue!

For this character, mutant powers run in the family.

Wow,this clue is very ambiguous, as you say this could aplply to one or both new characters.
If we are talking about an individual character we have manny examples about mutant powers in manny families:
The Summers brothers (Scott, Alex and Gabriel) The Frost sisters (Emma, Cordelia, Adrienne) a lot of the Grey family (Jean, Rachel, Nate, Cable) and the Guthrie family (Sam, Paige and.. almost everyone)

And if this clue is about 2 characters that have a conection betwen them, well I must say Cyclops and Cable, since Cable appear in the trailer and IMDB cited Scott as one of the characters in the game.

But the clue talk about "mutant powers", a term that is used generally in the Xmen universe, so probably this 2 character would be 2 characters of the X-Men, I'm crossing my fingers for Scott and Emma, lol :)
:emmafrost: :cyclops:
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

I think maybe Jean Grey? She seems to have a large "family" with mutant powers. Or has she been revealed yet?

Jean only really has children who are mutants. Others have brothers, sisters or past generations of mutants. The mutant gene doesn't really run through the Grey family (though it does run through the combined Grey/Summers family... Only because of Cyclops, though).

I feel it's definitely one of the Summers'. Emma Frost would be a nice surprise, though.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

My money is totally on Cable and Deadpool (they already have a comic together, right?)

Quote from: Dihan on May 08, 2009, 03:49PM
I feel it's definitely one of the Summers'. Emma Frost would be a nice surprise, though.

Yeah maybe you're right, and Cable appear in the trailer and has many chances to be included in the game. Probably Cyclops too, indeed, Emma would be a really nice surprise.

But the next confirmed character must be..... Cable :)

:emmafrost:
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on May 08, 2009, 03:52PM
Jean Grey defintally.

Other than the Summers and the children Jean has no other mutant relatives.

I can't stand fanboyism. Especially Jean Grey fanboyism. It makes me hate her even more. Jean fans twist every clue to fit that flaming pidgeon that won't stay dead.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: Dihan on May 08, 2009, 04:03PM
Other than the Summers and the children Jean has no other mutant relatives.

I can't stand fanboyism. Especially Jean Grey fanboyism. It makes me hate her even more. Jean fans twist every clue to fit that flaming pidgeon that won't stay dead.

I love Jean Grey, love everything about her, she's my favorite character and i cant wait to have her back in comics.  But yes its getting kind of annoying that some Jean fans automatically say every clue is Jean.  Im almost 100% sure she wont be in the game, it doesnt make sense she was dead during that storyline. I just really dont think she will or should be in this game. (This feeling also goes for comics, every fiery figure or red head is automatically thought of as Jean, and Marvel isnt helping anything by teasing us with something Jean related every month.  I hope when they bring her back its just a minor storyline and that she is phoenix less)

Edit: Also Jean has no children. Rachel is from another dimension, X-Man was made in a lab and is from another dimension, and Cable is Madelyne Pryor's son, yeah she is a clone of Jean's, but Jean didnt give birth to him, and Stryfe is Cable's clone.  The only family she has that are mutants were her sisters kids.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Totally agree.

I love Jean Grey too, but nodoubt_jr and Dihan are right, She has nothing to do in the civil war, because she was dead in that story. I'm also think that she won't be included in the game, maybe as a DLC and that's really hard too because there are a lot of characters arround the civil war that have more chances than her. Come on friend let's focus in the facts, I love Emma Frost, and I feel that she has a little more chances to be included in this game than the last one, but I recognize that there are a HUGE bunch of characters that have more chances to be included in the game. If this clue is about a character with a family with mutant powers and we have Cable, and he appear in the trailer, and has been cited as a possible playable character and we have screenshots of him, well, that would have to say something to you, right?

We respect that you love Jean, and that you want to play as her, but please be realist my friend :)

:emmafrost:
Phoenix Endsong #5

Sorry if I offended anyone of you, I just thought Jean because she I guess is heavily anticipated because at the MUAII site so many people want her. I mean her thread had more than 500 pages last I checked. Then her family has Rachel, Maddie, Nate, Stryfe, Scott and Havok (if you would include them) and Cable who to me is just Jean's son because with Maddie and Scott's genes Cable was born and Maddie has all of Jean's genes being Jean's clone. So to me it would make sense for an exact replica of Cable to be born from Jean. I was just using these clues to guess that it may be Jean. Oh, yeah her niece and nephew were mutants too. So I'm just using the facts here.

Well I'm more with Dihan: no Jean. She wouldn't fit the story otherwise. MUA2 is also supposed to be a sequel right? IMO no Nightcrawler and no Jean ^^ They should've made Nightcrawler unlockable @ PC version and let Jean die and come back Badass in MUA2. That would fit the story.

For the clue, I'd say Cyclops & Cable too. Cyclops because fans love him. I don't, but why the hell did they include him as a DLC? Because of the requests. Only logical answer to a relative of Cyclops would be either one of his brothers (Vulcan is a badguy for what I've read @ some sites), but Havok would be a surprise. However I think Cable would be the person most people would like to see (as a playable relative of Cyclops).

I just hope they don't make Corsair playable XD That would suck: Nick Fury clone :P
---
For a total surprise: X-23 and Daken :P Ye I know what the business is between the two, not straight relatives, but that would be a surprise, however there's less than 5% chance that this would be their choice.

I feel Cable and Hercules. They both fit the category. Powers do run in the family....
CosmoChakra's mods !

Skins of HULK,PUNISHER,LUKE CAGE so far!!!

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3114.0

Remember that the clue could apply to only one of them.
I think one of them will be Deadpool, which would leave the other character as the one who's got mutant family. I'd rather have it be Cyclops than Cable or Jean, and I'm not even that big of a Cyclops fan, I just think that he is THE X-Men.
By the way, the clues are from the same guy who said "energy manipulation" for Iron Fist, "energy blasts" for Songbird and "makes shocking revelations" for Storm. In other words, expect Captain Britain.