MUA2 Official site characters reveal (updated w/ May's clue)

Started by Gevth, February 21, 2009, 05:44PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Huh?  I thought the X-Men stayed neutral.  Gambit in particular doesn't seem like one to go pro-reg, but I don't know the comics in and out.

There weren't many registered heroes.

There was only:

* Black Widow
    * Doc Samson
    * Iron Man
    * Mister Fantastic
    * Ms Marvel
    * Phone Ranger
    * She-Hulk
    * Tigra
    * Thor Clone
    * Wasp
    * Yellowjacket
    * Wonder Man
    * Bishop
    * Micromax
    * Sabra
    * Great Lakes Champions
    * Sentry
    * Hellcat
    * Thor Girl
    * Two-Gun Kid
    * Arana
    * Man-Wolf
    * Stature
    * Nighthawk

There were loads of detainees and recruits, though most aren't really major characters.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

True, x-men stayed neutral but don't we already have Wolverine & Storm confirmed? There must be at least 2 or 3 more X-men to at least make more that ONE X-men team possible (*cough*MUA1*cough*)

Cheers

Well, Storm was a member of the Secret Avengers... And Wolverine is a part of every single storyline.

Quote from: Rasdel on March 13, 2009, 02:37PM
True, x-men stayed neutral but don't we already have Wolverine & Storm confirmed? There must be at least 2 or 3 more X-men to at least make more that ONE X-men team possible (*cough*MUA1*cough*)

Cheers

It could be Jean Grey and Cyclops. The clues say that the characters are part of the pro-registration, but it doesn't say anything about them being part of the pro-registration in the comics. They may just be part of it in the game. Plus both attack enemies with energy blasts. Cyclops with optic energy blasts and Jean with telekinetic, telepathic, or firey energy blasts. Plus Cyke, Jean, Wolvie, and Storm are the heart and soul of the X-Men along with Prof X.

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on March 13, 2009, 03:25PM
It could be Jean Grey and Cyclops. The clues say that the characters are part of the pro-registration, but it doesn't say anything about them being part of the pro-registration in the comics. They may just be part of it in the game. Plus both attack enemies with energy blasts. Cyclops with optic energy blasts and Jean with telekinetic, telepathic, or firey energy blasts. Plus Cyke, Jean, Wolvie, and Storm are the heart and soul of the X-Men along with Prof X.

The clues said that is a registered hero, not only a pro-reg hero. So, cyc and jean are not registered, its not gonna be one of them

Quote from: kyle29 on March 15, 2009, 08:28AM
The clues said that is a registered hero, not only a pro-reg hero. So, cyc and jean are not registered, its not gonna be one of them

Exactly, I'm almost sure that the new character is Bishop and if the story is based in secret and civil war, I (personally) don't think that Jean will be playable in the initial roster (altough I would like), maybe a DLC, and if a x-men telepath will appear in MUA2, Emma Frost had a better chances this time (at least I hope that ^_^) but we don't know this guys always do what they want at the end :)

Just my opinion

:emmafrost:
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Ok, just one more day of guessing:
Quote from: News LadUpdate March 16:

We will be revealing the next character TOMORROW.
And just to help you guys hone in on your final guesses... Here's another clue. ;)

This character can fly.

Past clues:

This character is a full-time superhero; by that I mean they do not maintain any other jobs on the side.

This character can attack their foes with blasts of energy.

This character will be a Registered hero with a checkered past.

I hope it's Ms. Marvel.

Yeah. I don't think Bishop can fly.

It's Ms Marvel.

March 16, 2009, 09:10AM #54 Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 09:13AM by Dihan
Nope not Ms Marvel it's Sentry.
{:}I WAS ONLY PLAYING WHEN I SID I WAS GOING EAT HIM

Yeah, pretty sure it's Ms. Marvel
:warbird:
Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack on that motherf*cker's reflection
My Mods for XML2: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3018.0

Quote from: {:}toxin{:} on March 16, 2009, 09:10AM
Nope not Ms Marvel it's Sentry.

I really doubt it's Sentry. I don't think that they would add him, as he is too powerful. He would be like Silver Surfer from MUA 1.

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on March 16, 2009, 09:57AM
I really doubt it's Sentry. I don't think that they would add him, as he is too powerful. He would be like Silver Surfer from MUA 1.

Is that a bad thing? I didn't think that Ms. Marvel fitted all of the clues? I reckon its Sentry also, he fits the clues Perfectly.

Also, many characters are too powerful for the game:

Thor: Could a God really be defeated?
Phoenix: She could kill everyone in the World without thinking twice.

Yet they have been in Previous games. There is no reason it can't be Sentry, even if it were Ms. Marvel i wouldn't be disappointed, although i want a NEW character as we dont really have anyone new apart from Hulk.

That's a good point, but I would say it isn't Sentry for popularity reasons.  Non-comic readers don't know who he is really, and that's at least 1/2 (bare minimum) the market they're pitching the game to.