MUA2 Official site characters reveal (updated w/ May's clue)

Started by Gevth, February 21, 2009, 05:44PM

Previous topic - Next topic
This topic in the official site is listing all characters revealed so far. http://www.herohq.com/forums/viewthread/125/
Also, sometimes hints will be provided as to which character will be revealed next.

Currently, it says:

"Update May 6th:

We've got two character reveals this month. 
That makes clues a little bit trickier this time around, as they could apply to one, the other, or both.

First clue!

For this character, mutant powers run in the family.

Update April 23rd:  We'll be revealing a heavily-anticipated character in May.  More details to come!
"

I thought we should have a topic to speculate here too, if anyone's interested.

could this be hank pym?
he registered and he wasn't always on the straight and narrow
though it could bed wonderman, as he was a villain originally, wasn't he?
it could be bishop though as well, because he was up for registration and he hasn't been the best superhero
who knows?
mental about X-men, mental aboutmarvelmods.com

February 28, 2009, 01:35PM #3 Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 02:14PM by kyle29
Dihan is right, it's ms marvel

but if not she, it's penance or bishop (you know, checkered->chess->bishop oO?)

The simplest answer is usually the one that's right.

I say it's Ms Marvel.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

It's probablly Ms. Marvel as she's a logical choice and most likely going to be in the game. Wonder Man will probablly be an NPC as will Hank Pym. It might be Penance, but I hope not.

i think its bishop no promises i just have a feeling maybe i wrong but reda this about his past;Early life

Born about 80 years in the future of the Marvel Universe, Bishop has a distinctive M brand over his right eye, used to identify Mutants in his era. After his parents were killed, Bishop was raised by a man named LeBeau, also called Witness, who was reportedly the last man to see the legendary X-Men alive. According to LeBeau (in XSE #4), Bishop's grandmother (a woman probably named Aliyah) took Bishop away from him. Bishop was then raised by his grandmother with his younger sister, Shard in a mutant concentration camp in Nevada or Brooklyn (perhaps both). This was in the aftermath of the Summers Rebellion, an uprising in which mutants and humans joined forces to destroy the Sentinels.

Bishop's grandmother taught him many legends of the X-Men, who were old allies of hers. Depowered by unknown means, she had entered the camps in secret to raise her grandchildren. Upon his grandmother's deathbed, she also made Bishop swear to protect Shard. After the Rebellion, the mutants were "emancipated", and sent out of the camps to fend for themselves, even Bishop and Shard, who were only children. They lived on the streets, stealing, before they met up with a veteran named Hancock, a family friend. Slightly blind, Hancock nevertheless took on the task of raising the two.

Bishop came across an anti-human group of mutants called the Exhumes. They took his sister Shard hostage when Xavier's Security Enforcers arrived. Up until that time with a (now disillusioned) idea of the X-Men in his heart, Bishop admired the Exhumes. After the XSE defeated the Exhume members and saved Shard however, Bishop knew he wanted to join the XSE. Around the time Bishop was fifteen, Hancock was killed by criminals who were soon arrested by the XSE. Bishop and Shard joined up, Shard soon surpassing him in becoming the youngest XSE officer. It is unknown if Bishop had any contact with the Witness during these years. During a training class, Bishop's class instructors and some of his fellow students were killed. Bishop rallied the survivors and fought back until reinforcements arrived. While on a mission to wipe out a nest of Emplates, mutant vampires that feed on bone marrow, Shard was critically injured. Bishop went to Witness for help, and the Witness, then employed/housed/imprisoned at the New York Stark/Fujikawa building agreed to transfer Shard's essence into a holographic matrix if Bishop would work for him for one year. The details of Bishop's work there is unknown, but in XSE #4, he refuses to tell Shard of his actions there.

Immediately upon his re-installment as a commander in the XSE, Bishop and his XSE group the "Omega Squad", captured Trevor Fitzroy, a murderous ex-XSE trainee. This happened in the ruins of the Xavier Institute War Room. While there, Bishop found a damaged recording of Jean Grey, which said something about a traitor destroying the X-Men from inside. Witness gave him very few answers on this transcript, and Bishop thought that Witness did more than just witness those events.

[edit] Joining the X-Men

Fitzroy escaped from prison and used a large amount of mutant life-force to open a time portal and break out 93 mutant criminal "Lifers" in the process. Bishop found himself in the past, in the time of his heroes, the X-Men. Bishop and the Omega Squad eventually "sanctioned" the Lifers, but did not get Fitzroy. Bishop encountered the X-Men for the first time, but not believing who they said they were, he battled them at first. He then allied with the X-Men in trying to stop Fitzroy, and Malcolm and Randall, the two members of his Omega Squad, died in the process.[1] Professor Charles Xavier offered him a place in the X-Men, and he was placed under Storm's tutelage. He fought and defeated Styglut.[2] When he met Gambit, Bishop recognized him as possibly a younger version of the Witness and fought him.[3] Bishop also recognized Jubilee as the 'last X-Man', but this has been proven false.
X-Men (vol. 2) #52 (May 1996). Cover art by Andy Kubert and Cam Smith.

He soon met Mystique for the first time,[4] and alongside the X-Men he battled the Morlocks[5] and the Death Sponsors.[6]

Bishop assigned himself the role of Xavier's personal bodyguard, which he failed at when Stryfe, the evil double of Cable, critically wounded Xavier. Initially, the X-Men believed that Cable was the would-be assassin, so Wolverine and Bishop tracked down Cable, but then traveled to Cable's "Professor" starship, and then joined with them in finding Stryfe.[7] Citing his failure to protect Professor X, Bishop offered to resign from the X-Men. His resignation was rejected by Xavier, and then alongside the X-Men he battled the Acolytes.[8]

Later, Bishop would be the one to save lives when Sabretooth escaped from his cell and the only other X-Men were busy or unable to fight him.

[edit] Age of Apocalypse

When Professor Xavier's insane son — the mutant Legion — went back in time to assassinate Magneto, Bishop was one of the X-Men sent to stop him. When they failed, and Legion accidentally killed Professor Xavier, Bishop was the only time-traveler to remain when history was altered and became the Age of Apocalypse. He eventually convinced the Magneto of that era that the existence of this reality was wrong, and with a great amount of sacrifice, managed to correct the error and stop Legion. After the timeline reset itself, Bishop received some of his counterpart's unsettling memories of the Age of Apocalypse.[issue # needed]

The traitor in the X-Men was eventually revealed to be Professor X in the form of Onslaught. Bishop's knowledge of the future was the only thing that stopped Onslaught from killing the X-Men. As Onslaught fired a massive blast of psionic energy at the distracted X-Men, Bishop threw himself in front of them and absorbed the blast that would have killed them. Onslaught, winded from such a massive attack, said that his blast was enough to kill a thousand mutants and "Another time, another place, I would have been proud". Bishop lost consiousness after absorbing the blast, but soon recovered; although it was not enough to prevent Onslaught from nearly destroying all of humanity. He made peace with Gambit, who was not the traitor after all.[issue # needed]

On a mission in deep space to stop the Phalanx, Bishop became separated from the rest of the X-Men. Despite trickery and base manipulation by Deathbird, he entered into a romantic relationship with her. They had many adventures far out in space, but when she turned on him and the X-Men, he seemingly killed her.[issue # needed]

Following this, Bishop spent some time in a distant possible future, detailed in the Bishop: The Last X-Man series, where he again faced Trevor Fitzroy. He was temporarily returned to the present by Apocalypse who needed him as one of The Twelve, before finally returning permanently during the Maximum Security crossover.[issue # needed]

[edit] X-Treme X-Men

At one point, Bishop was a founding member of Storm's splinter team of X-Men searching for the Books of Truth, the diaries of the precognitive Destiny.[9] They left against the will and knowledge of the main team, as the splinter group did not trust in Xavier and the others to use the diaries for the benefit of humanity.

He started using "Lucas" as a first name on a fake police ID, though it turned it out to be real. Even though the X-Men came to believe the diaries to be self-fulfilling, the team stayed together for a while before returning to the mansion. His team started believing that the others had grown more mutant-supremacist and less interested in integration (the original reason that many of them joined the X-Men). While with his splinter team, Bishop was second-in-command, would participate in solving murder mysteries, and even used false IDs to convince the local authorities he was one of them.

His team has recently formed their own XSE, the X-Treme Sanctions Executive which was officially recognized by the government. Bishop has also begun a friendship with the new X-Man Sage. They helped to uncover the killer of the White Queen. Bishop has recently been seen getting close to Angel's ex-girlfriend Detective Charlotte Jones.

[edit] District X

Recently, Bishop joined the Federal Bureau of Investigation and appeared regularly in District X, a police procedural set in a mutant ghetto in New York City. District X, or 'mutant town', was a high-crime, high-population density, poverty-stricken area, to which Bishop was assigned in order to resolve mutant-related crimes. The series was cancelled after 14 issues.

Since the House of M, Bishop continues to visit New York, but since a majority of the mutant population of District X was wiped out by the Scarlet Witch, Bishop has instead primarily turned his attention back to the X-Men and school. He has been going on missions with the team, such as taking down the Shi'ar Death Commandos, or fighting the Foursaken. Bishop helped Psylocke deal with the Foursaken and the First Fallen, as well as helping Storm save Africa from soldiers taking children from villages.

[edit] Civil War

In the Civil War: X-Men miniseries, Bishop sides with the O*N*E* to bring in the X-Men and the 198. He even argued with Cyclops over letting them go. Val Cooper and Tony Stark let Bishop lead Micromax and Sabra into action against Domino, Shatterstar, and the 198. Bishop led them to the base where the 198 were hiding and told the X-Men to stand down. However, General Demetrius Lazer betrayed him by ensuring that Cyclops attacked Bishop. Though at first he simply absorbed it, the power was too much for him to control as he was overwhelmed, and he was forced to direct the energy he had absorbed upwards in a powerful blast that would easily destroy a O*N*E* Sentinel. He later teamed up with the X-Men to save the 198 from a bomb explosion, and then went his own way, leaving the X-Men. Bishop is among Iron Man's pro-registration forces that guard the Negative Zone prison. When Captain America's team breaks in, a fight ensues, putting Bishop at odds with his former teammate, Storm :bishop:

{:}I WAS ONLY PLAYING WHEN I SID I WAS GOING EAT HIM

Really?  You couldn't have just posted a link?

lol, who the hell is going to read all that.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on March 04, 2009, 01:45PM
lol, who the hell is going to read all that.

Damn, I should have read this post before!

Anyhow, I think it'll be Deadpool. I believe the checkered part is a hint as to his costume (black and red, like a checkers board).

I hope it's not Bishop. To me he would be a wasted slot.

I'd love to have Bishop, but only if other characters I want are in there too.  Hawkeye is a MUST for all platforms this time around.  I'm very pissed I can't play him on my old Xbox, and MUA isn't much fun on the 360 due to all the bloom.

no like check this out bishops past isn't the past its the future you see a checkerd past
{:}I WAS ONLY PLAYING WHEN I SID I WAS GOING EAT HIM