Deadpool movie!

Started by Quentin Hex, May 07, 2009, 08:35PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yay! finally! too bad they TOTALLY SCREWED HIM UP IN THE MOVIE! <sigh>

As I said before, they can easily "fix" what you consider broken.  It's not that hard to write it so it satisfies comic fans.  But it's not like they had lots of time to explain his powers and how he got to be how he is.

I haven't seen the new Wolverine movie yet, but it is a different universe after all. Besides, from what I gather Ryan Reynolds is a huge Deadpool fan and he said in an interview that he was disappointed with the Wolverine version of Deadpool and that if he goes back to Deadpool in a spin-off he wants it to be true to the comic version.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

You guys gotta remember too that the movie was only setting up Deadpool - his regeneration, teleportation, etc.  They can go any way with it in the next movie to explain how he lost the optic blasts and the swords got removed from his arms.

I haven't seen Wolverine, but does it say that Deadpool has a teleportation device? I agree, in movies that they "mess up" they'll be able to fix.

No. Stryker implants powers into Deadpool. The teleportation was from Kestrel.

They could say that the process was incomplete so the powers were only temporary and the trauma of it all made him insane. I know that they didn't go into why he joined Weapon X so there's still a back story to be fleshed out.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Didnt one of the doctors tell Stryker the process wasnt done when he said to launch Deadpool? That is pretty much how they can explain away most of his added powers, they could even say his new healing factor fixed all the added powers like they were some sorta disease.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

or maybe after he got "killed" in wolverine his healing factor kicked in and regenerated his body but at the cost of sword arms, laser attacks, and good looks.

Any of this theories would be good, just please! Let it be a good Deadpool movie!

Personally, I'd rather wait 4 years for Fox's character license to expire and just have Marvel Studios make a DP movie.

Aside from the fact that Fox half-asses everything, I just don't like Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool.
Deadpool doesn't use dry wit or snappy comebacks.
He says the stupidest possible thing and pretends it was witty.

If you ask me, Sean William Scott (Stifler from American Pie) would make the perfect DP.
If you haven't seen it yet, go rent "Role Models". The "eagle mating" scene will sell you on him, just as did me.

I don't care who plays it, just be Deadpoolish. Personally, I want him in his classical masked outfit.

I always thought Henry Rollins should be Deadpool.
I think that Ryan Renolds could pull it off though.

Quote from: MisterTrioxin on May 09, 2009, 10:07AM
I just don't like Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool.

Ditto.  Reynolds just doesn't cut it as our favorite merc-with-a-mouth.

Quote from: MisterTrioxin on May 09, 2009, 10:07AMI just don't like Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool.

Your opinion is fail.

Ryan Reynolds didn't play Deadpool, he played Wade Wilson before he got the healing factor/went insane.  Pre-Deadpool he surely wasn't as insane/off color.  And he did so beautifully.