The "what's it like being you?" topic

Started by Nowhere Man, May 22, 2009, 03:29PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 08, 2012, 12:38PM #180 Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 01:06PM by sbarth13
semi off topic statement #1: i had no idea so many people were so old. i think i'm still the oldest around, but i figured most people were in their teens.

semi off topic statement #2: i've never seen so many original names in my life. amazing what a small amount of exposure to different cultures can do. and i say that having already visited a half dozen or so countries.

Name: Steve
Birthday: April 4th
Sexuality: Straight
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Nationality: American (michigan)
Marital Status: just married
Profession: paramedic/firefighter
Languages you speak: English. i can read Spanish fairly well, but can only speak it well enough to say certain phrases or get myself into trouble.
Religion: Christian. no church though. believe in god, but not the bible
Pets: 2 boston terriers (piper, chloe) can be easily entertained with a laser pointer and a broom
Main Interests: excercise, video games, movies, sci fi, fantasy (swords and sorcery stuff, not romantic), golf, modding MUA
Favourite Movies: inception, most of the comic movies, 13th warrior, a few others
Favourite Books: the original Dragonlance trilogy; harry dresden novels, the Night Angel trilogy by Weeks
Favourite Bands: don't really have any 'favorites'. i listen to pretty much any good song out there
Favourite TV Shows: firefly!! heroes; fringe; house hunters, game shows, robot chicken
Goals in life: right now?, get through schooling, maybe get a job doing 3d modeling/animation for games
Whatever: went to school to do animation for games 10 years ago, graduated with a degree in crappy education, got frustrated, got sidetracked doing fire/ems, now going back to finish what i started. red vs. blue is awesome

Figured an update was in order...

Name: Parthiv
Birthday: Nov. 29
Profession: Student, planning to be a Software Engineer
Nationality: USA
Religion: Hindu
Marital Status: Single and always have been (that's right ladies, Hyperman360 is available ;) )
Languages: English, Gujarati (spoken only), some Hindi (spoken only), some Spanish
Main Interests: Sci-Fi/Superhero/Fantasy Movies, TV, comics, literature and video games. Also interested in computers. And political satire.
Favorite Films: Spider-Man series (Tobey Maguire), Batman series (Christian Bale) (except perhaps the 3rd one), Marvel Cinematic Universe films (i.e. Avengers, etc.), Don: The Chase Begins Again and Don 2: The King Is Back
Favorite Books: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Amazing Spider-Man, Batman, Sherlock Holmes, Artemis Fowl, Harry Potter, Alex Rider
Favorite TV Shows: The Colbert Report, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Conan (O'Brien), Sherlock (BBC)
Favorite Superheroes: Spider-Man, Batman, Iron Man
Disciple of Starkism
Currently have a goatee like RDJ in Iron Man

December 09, 2012, 03:33PM #182 Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 03:36PM by midnightphoenix123
Quote from: Hyperman360 on December 09, 2012, 01:57PM
Marital Status: Single and always have been (that's right ladies, Hyperman360 is available ;) )

I seriously just died of laughter right there!

I think I am going to go through and update mine tomorrow.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

So after much debate and arguing with myself, I have decided to spoil the mystery that is me. You're welcome :)

Name: Brad (or Flynn, either suits me)

Birthday: September 22

Nationality: The good 'ol U.S. of A. 

Religion: Christian (Side note: Not one of the crazy ones)

Martial Status: Forever alone

Languages: English (natch), Pig Latin (I-ay am-ay ery-vay ood-gay at-ay it-ay), Leet speak, some Japanese, some German, some Spanish, some French

Pets: Two dogs (Sashu the Chow Chow and Axel the German Shepard/Golden Retriever, Axel belongs to my sister but I take care of him), two cats (Spot and her kitten Izzy), three birds (Charley the Conure, and Tony and Peter the parakeets)

Main Interests: Video Gaming ( I love playing them and I want to learn to make them), comic books, movies (my preferred activity in the summer, I burn easily and I blame my Irish and Scottish ancestors)  ,writing (whenever I get the chance and I have the motivation), building things, hanging out with my dog (he's a big goofball), reading, listening to music (rock, electronica, jazz, orchestral), archery, etc

Favorite Films: (Too many to count :P ) TRON (both of them), The Lord of the Rings trilogy (can't wait to see the Hobbit btw), The Amazing Spider-Man, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, The Dark Knight trilogy, The X-men films (except X-Men Origins, the less said about that the better), Scott Pilgrim (side note: Biggest crush ever on Mary Elizabeth Winstead), Wreck-It Ralph, John Carter ,Batman: Puppet Master, etc

Favorite Books: Sherlock Holmes, The John Carter series, The Hollows series by Kim Harrison, The Da-Vinci Code, The Harry Potter saga, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Treasure Island, Percy Jackson (They're surprisingly good, and I love Greek mythology), Ghost Hunting, Irish Fairy Tales, (there's a few others, but I can't think of them right now)

Favorite TV: Sherlock, Arrow, Supernatural (go Dean!), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (the new series on Nick), TRON: Uprising, Adventure Time, Wolverine and the X-Men, Smallville, The Batman, Batman: Brave and the Bold, Super Sentai, Spider-Man the New animated Series, The Spectacular Spider-Man (damn that theme song is catchy), Powerpuff Girls, Chowder, Classic Mickey Mouse cartoons (when he was a mischievous little troublemaker) Looney Tunes ,Yu-Gi-Oh! The abridged series, Code MENT, Dragonball Z the abridged series, Supernatural the abridged series, Hellsing Ultimate Abridged, None Piece, The Joker Blogs

Favorite Artists: Linkin Park, Combichrist (some of their stuff), AC/DC, KISS, Journey, Daft Punk, Deadmau5, Anamanaguchi, I Fight Dragons, Horse the Band, The Yoshida Brothers, Sum 41, Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard, Danny Elfman, and many more!

Goals in Life: To become a game programmer (or designer, either works for me), find a nice girl, move into a nice house, and build a big ass arcade in my house (this must come true!)

It'S hard being me because the spot for that job is already taken up by...me. :P

Ro.  :storm:

"Stand Up for what is right, even if you stand alone."

Been a while folks! (Been years since I stopped modding, and it has been more than  a year since I visited).
I kind of miss this game, but I'm way too lazy to sort the files back to how they were.
Well, do people still play xml2?

And not to be off topic so I've started my Occupational Therapy degree last year! Been hard at studying preparing myself for med classes. Hoping to finish by 2015/2016 and then hopefully, I get to advance and make it to med school to be a doctor (in neurology or gastroenterology)
Happy new year everyone! (fingers crossed)
CHECK OUT <a href="http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3593.0.html">;MY BOOSTERS</a> (I NO LONGER MOD)

January 15, 2013, 06:08PM #186 Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 08:51AM by MUALover
Just celebrated my birthday, let me re-introduced myself :)

Name: Lindo (Strange name, I know it)

Birthday: January 15th

Nationality: Indonesian

Religion: Moslem (Muslim, or whatever suits you ;))

Martial Status: Single (maybe? there's someone that love me lingering around my life XD)

Languages: English, Indonesian, and some Mandarin language

Pets: None

Main Interests: Video games, Disaster movies, Physics Simulator XD

Favorite Movies: (Well, there's many) Harry Potter series (HP and the Sorcerer's Stone - HP and the Deathly Hallows : Part 2), 2012, The Day After Tomorrow, Paranormal Activity 1-4, Cloverfield, Resident Evil series, Transformers series, Men In Black 1-3, Rapunzel/Tangled :D, The Avengers, Fantastic Four 1 and 2, X-Men 1-3, X-Men Origins : Wolverine, etc.. :)

Favorite Books: Books for studying :P

Favorite TV : None :D

Favorite Bands/Singer : CAST OF GLEEEE!!!! :D (Love them so much!), Fun., Adele,  Avril Lavigne, Blink-182, Carly Rae Jepsen, Lenka, Bruno Mars, Demi Lovato, etc.

Goals in Life : Become a successful film director! (yeah!) make my parents proud of me, married with someone beautiful, have a child/son, live happily, and go to the United States of America.
Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

January 19, 2013, 12:39AM #187 Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 07:29PM by Lightning249539
Name: Issa Omar Smith Jr.
B Day: August 19 1998

Student: 9th grade 9 (Freshman)

Favorite Tv Shows: Xmen Evolution, Sweet Life of Zack and Cody, Thats So Raven, Wolverine and Xmen, Regular Show, Advnture Time, Burn Notice, The Game, The Real Husbands of Hollywood, Scared Beyond Straight etc.....

Favorite Movies: Xmen 1-3, Xmen Orgins, Xmen First Class, Django Unchained, Batman dark Knight rises and the first Batman Dark Knight etc...

Favorite Marvel Group: X-Man

Favorite X-Man character and wish to have their powers: Storm

Favorite Singer: Jay-Z and some others...

Favorite Games: Xmen Legends 1 n 2, MUA, Batman Arkam Asulym and Batman Arkam City, Sly Cooper 1-3 cant wait for 4, etc....

:storm:

I kind of wanted to do another one of these since mine was from forever ago >.<

Name: Jarrod :D
Birthday: June 26
Sexuality: Straight
Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Nationality: American
Marital Status: Single like a pringle
Profession: Still a student
Languages you speak: English, some French ;3
Religion: Christian
Pets: None :(
Main Interests: music, sleeping, eating, comics, and Walking Dead c:
Favorite Movies: Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, Kick-Ass, Batman trilogy, Harry Potter #1-8
Favorite Books: I don't usually like to read books but I really love the Harry Potter series and Hunger Games. :3 I want to read the Mortal Instruments series.
Favorite Bands: My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Paramore, Panic! at the Disco, Imagine Dragons, Vampire Weekend, The Killers, Evanescence, Blink-182, Atlas Genius
Favorite TV Shows: Walking Dead, Family Guy, American Horror Story, Adventure Time, and Teen Titans c:
Goals in life: To think of some goals for myself to accomplish :p

August 07, 2013, 04:25AM #189 Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 12:58PM by mj fan
Okay same here xD
Yeah i almost changed my entire brain xD sooo i had to make it again xD Oh wait I truly mean it xD ..

Name: Alex :D
Age: 20 xP Feel so old xDD well i'm like an adult now..sort of xD ;P
Birthday: June 11th

Zodiac Sign: Gemini  Funny cause i have a twin brother as well x) That's truly awesome!!
Nationality: French

Profession: Still a student
Languages you speak: French obviously xD, some English.. xD I am learning spanish too ;D ;3
Pets: One little dog :)) So cute!! He's like my little brother ;D
Main Interests: practice all kind of sports like swim, workout, run.. ;P, I love to draw, read comic books and Watch movies ;D
Favorite Movies: Marvel movies 'except X3 OMGGG) and The lord of the ring xD, Batman trilogy,
Favorite Books: ...Comic books!xD I studied litterature and i had to read so many books that now it is not really fun anymore..a little annoying xP
Favorite singer: Ahh? don't know? of course you know it Well Mj like michael jackson xD
Goals in life: Okay still make many friends xD I just hate narrow minded people I like to talk about everything, i'm very talkative xD
become an actor (like everyone xD) or a model.. if i'm Lucky, and enough time for it xD ;P But if that's not the case: Whatever! xD  :p
My main goal is to be Happy and that's complicated sometimes xD but that's the most important thing : ) Love my family <3 Miss my grandma <3

Quote from: mj fan on August 07, 2013, 04:25AMI studied litterature and i had to read so many books that now it is not really fun anymore..a little annoying xP
Without having studied literature, I know exactly what you mean! I used to read a lot as a kid, but having had to read literature novels for high school took the fun out of it, and then having had to read scientific literature for my studies made me not want to read books in my spare time anymore. That's how I ended up discovering comic books as a different medium for reading great stories.

Anyway, let me do one of these according to format (freely omitted and added stuff):

Name: Valentijn
Nationality: Dutch
Marital status: Married
Profession: Data Manager/Archaeologist

Favourite books: Sherlock Holmes stories (A.C. Doyle); stories by H.P. Lovecraft; works by Stephen Fry

Favourite comic book series: Preacher by Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon; many Marvel comics: Spider-Man (fave writers include Roger Stern, Dan Slott, Peter David, Stan Lee, Bill Mantlo, J.M. deMatteis, J. Michael Straczynski, Zeb Wells), Avengers (fave writers include Roger Stern, Steve Englehart, Kurt Busiek, Jim Shooter, Roy Thomas, Brian Michael Bendis), Daredevil (fave Writers include Brian Michael Bendis, Frank Miller, David Mack, Ed Brubaker), other highlights include Greg Pak & Fred van Lente's Incredible Hercules, Brian Reed's Ms. Marvel; Walt Simonsen's Thor; Steve Gerber & David Anthony Kraft's Defenders; Lee & Kirby's and Jonathan Hickman's Fantastic Four, various others. Besides Marvel and Preacher: Kabuki by David Mack; Buffyverse comics by Joss Whedon & associates (especially Brian Lynch); Stormwatch and the Authority by Warren Ellis, Mark Millar, Ed Brubaker; Alan Moore's Watchmen, Neil Gaiman's Sandman, Bill Willingham's Fables

Favourite bands/artists: Echo & the Bunnymen; Joseph Arthur; David Sylvian; Roxy Music/Bryan Ferry are the main four, but I like many many others. Music is as big a hobby & collection of mine as comic books.

Favourite movies: all movies by Wes Anderson, especially Rushmore. Most Marvel movies, especially Avengers, Thor, Spider-Man 2, X-Men 2, Iron Man 3 (I actually also liked several Marvel movies a lot which are tend to draw more negative reviews/feedback: Daredevil, Spidey 3, X-Men 3, X-Men Origins: Wolverine); Batman Begins (liked the 3rd one too... but I honestly do not think much of the Dark Knight!); Watchmen; LOTR triology; Serenity; the A-Team & more

Favourite TV shows: Buffy the Vampire Slayer; Angel; Firefly; Dollhouse; the A-Team; Red Dwarf; Flight of the Conchords; Mighty Boosh; Spaced; Peter Serafinowicz comedy stuff; Peep Show; IT Crowd; How I Met Your Mother & more

Favourite board games: Arkham Horror; Descent; Middle Earth Quest; Mansions of Madness; Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game & more

Favourite computer games: MUA; Gabriel Knight series; many Lucasarts and Sierra adventure games; Telltale adventure games; several AGS-made amateur adventure games; Might and Magic series (3 to 7); Heroes of Might and Magic series (3 to 5); Myst series; Darklands; Sorcerian; Planescape: Torment

Goals in life: I'm perfectly happy with what I've got so I guess I should try to keep it that way!

Name: Chris :)
Birthday: September 16th
Sexuality: Saw someone else put theirs lmao...I'm gay :)
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Marital Status: Single
Profession: Going to school right now but I want to be a cosmetologist ;p
Languages you speak: English and I'm learning friends ;D Comment allez-vous? :D
Religion: I am NOT religious whatsoever.
Pets: 2 Dogs
Main Interests: Music, Singing, movies, comics, video games
Favourite Movies: Silver Linings Playbook, Sex and the City, Easy A, The Avengers ;D, House Bunny, Sharknado XD ummm can't think of any more at the moment XD
Favourite Books: I really don't read that much anymore haha
Favourite Bands/Singers: Miley Cyrus (My sig is a quote from her haha), Avril Lavigne, Mac Miller, Asher Roth, Jojo,  Skylar Grey
Favourite TV Shows: So many haha....New Girl, Hart Of Dixie, Suburgatory, Double Divas ;p, Breaking Amish XD
Goals in life: well to become a cosmetologist and live a happy comfortable life :)
Bang bitch, you think I'm strange bitch?! It's bananas like a fuckin' 'rangatang bitch, don't worry bout me, I got it all arranged bitch, mind your bidness, stay in yo lane bitch. - Miley Cyrus

Ok, let's see:
Name:Julio C¨¦sar
Marital status: single
Sexuality: I'm a boy who like girls.
Profession: law-student
Languages I speak: spanish, guaran¨ª, english(yeah right).
Main interests: Draw, study, watch tv, play videogames, etc.
Favorites movies: Braveheart, Terminator 1-2, Rocky saga, Bloodsport, Highlander(the coolest one), The good, the bad and the ugly, really a lot of movies. The comic book ones, my favorites: Daredevil(except for what they did to Elektra, was a good one), The incredible Hulk, Blade, Ghost Rider(not spirit of vengance, that was crap), the Punisher was good(too bad they literary murder all his family, that was too much), Watchmen, The Dark Knight(best one ever).
Favorite books: Rosseau's Social Contrat, Leviatan(Hobbes).
Favorite bands: Metallica, Guns and Roses, Iron maiden.
Favorite tv shows: Dr House, Friends, The big bang theory, Supernatural(1st season is the best), The walking dead.
Goals in life: that the people remember me.

The last time I updated mine is 4 years ago. Things have changed, so here we go :P

Name: Marvin-Jean (That's Marvin-Jean in Dutch :P ) (Note: Marvin from Marvin Gaye and Jean from Michael Jackson's Billie Jean song)
Birthday: May 7
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Nationality: Dutch
Marital Status: Married
Pets: 1  male cat (Dragon aka Klein (dutch for little) who I had to leave with my mother in the Netherlands for the time being. I miss him =[
Profession (if you're too young, what do you want to do?): About to find out
Languages you speak: English, Dutch, a bit German
Religion: Christian
Main Interests: Music, few Games, movies, modding (no, really? :P )
Favourite Movies: All Marvel movies (what, most of them are good), Jim Carey movies (he's funny).
Favourite Books: None.
Favourite Artist(s): Usher, Michael Jackson (if you can look past his wrongs), Lionel Richie and Marvin Gaye (I wonder where my name came from... :P )
Favourite TV Shows: Ghost Adventures, Family Guy, Destination Truth, American Dad, Criminal Minds
Goals in life: Getting a good job and maybe start a family with my wife.

Okay I'm back to the forum now. Figured I should update this

Name: Quentin
Birthday: October 16
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Nationality: American/Canadian
Marital Status: Taken (3+ Years)
Profession: Customer service in a restaurant
Languages you speak: English, Spanish
Religion: None
Pets: Family cat, plus occasionally the girlfriend's cat
Main Interests: Comic Books and Music
Favourite Movies: Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, MCU entries, probably more that I'm forgetting right now
Favourite Books: The Raven Cycle series, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The works of HP Lovecraft
Favourite Bands: Motionless In White, The Cure, The Witch Was Right, Upon This Dawning, My Chemical Romance, frnkiero andthe celebration, In This Moment, The Smiths, Marilyn Manson, I could go on for a while but I won't bore you
Favourite TV Shows: Agents of SHEILD, Orphan Black, Doctor Who, Madoka Magika
Goals in life: Write comics, join or create a professional touring band, make a name for myself in the world