Leaked Roster?

Started by Philip, July 09, 2009, 08:33AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Teancum on July 14, 2009, 01:58PM
Because even though Jean is awesome, she's overrated and personally speaking Marvel writers. messed around with her too much to have her be interesting anymore.  Still, she beats out Emma, who's basically a stripper, and a poor excuse for a Jean replacement.
YES!!!

Because even though Jean is awesome, she's overrated and personally speaking Marvel writers. messed around with her too much to have her be interesting anymore.  Still, she beats out Emma, who's basically a stripper, and a poor excuse for a Jean replacement.

lol

Because even though Jean is awesome, she's overrated and personally speaking Marvel writers. messed around with her too much to have her be interesting anymore. 

Jean is overrated?? maybe yes, maybe not, it depends of which side of the coin you are looking... the thing is that she is an awesome character (when she has a great writer behind her) but the problem is, that I think that most of the actual writers in the X-men series, don't know how to include her in their story arcs.
Take Uncanny X-men, most of us though that she was going to return in the Sisterhood arc, and what we have??? Nothing! Jean still dead, perhaps they think she should stay dead at least for a while, I don't know...
If she return, I would be happy, because she's a good character, but I doubt that her return to the mainstream (in comics) will be soon...

Still, she beats out Emma, who's basically a stripper, and a poor excuse for a Jean replacement.

I guess you don't read the most recent comics of X-men, because if you did, you will find that Emma is a totally different character from Jean.
The only thing that unites them is the psionic powers they have and Scott Summers, nothing more. As Jean, Emma can be a great character with an amazing personality when genious as Grant Morrison and Joss Whedon are behind her, but when you have a mediocre "writer" as Matt Fraction, you only have a blonde woman with big boobs (you don't know how much I hate him for that)
But, since she's so interesting to write, that most of the writers of marvel, still include her in most of their stories and comics and she's still is a strong and important character in the Xmen and The Marvel universe.
Poor excuse for Jean replacement? I don't think so...

:emmafrost:
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

The thing I don't like about Jean is that she's just too powerful to keep alive. To avoid a big deus ex machina they have to kill her off. She's more of a liability to have alive.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

I dunno, I still don't find Emma interesting in the least.  Not as a member of the Hellfire club, not as Jean's replacement for Cyclops, not as an X-Man.  And if we want to talk writing and creativity I'd say it's never been any better than when Jim Lee was around.  Since then it's been ho-hum, at least on the X-Men front.

Quote from: Teancum on July 14, 2009, 05:10PM
I dunno, I still don't find Emma interesting in the least.  Not as a member of the Hellfire club, not as Jean's replacement for Cyclops, not as an X-Man.  And if we want to talk writing and creativity I'd say it's never been any better than when Jim Lee was around.  Since then it's been ho-hum, at least on the X-Men front.

I know, it's always nice to have someone who have a different opinion, It just that the comparisons between both women are (to me) like: "Oh, please that was so old, Emma replacing Jean? Come on!"
Jim Lee is a classic, he has good things and bad things as everything, and he create a great product... long time ago, I'm talking about the recent years of the xmen, when (I feel)many of the main characters get differences that makes them more unique.
Emma and Jean are my exmples for that, I always thought that Jean was so boring and weak, always claiming help, always between the shadow of Cyclops and Xavier, until New X-men when (I feel)she become stronger and confident of what she is. Same with Emma.

:emmafrost:
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

I have enjoyed the 90s better. I have been buying many 90s issues and most are interesting. I have to say that I kind of wished that Jean could be turned into a teenager who does what she wants when she returns by some evil villain. Her selfish side is shown and she isn't selfless cause I want to see what she might do if for once she was selfish. Scott would feel bad since Jean doesn't know how to use her powers and her family is dead so he gets back together with her. She gets kidnapped and killed as she is vulnerable while young but only her young and selfish side is killed. Her normal adult and selfless side is still alive and she returns an issue (or maybe in the same issue that she is killed) and Scott who has learned to love her again picks her and afterwards he finds out that Jean telepathically changed his mind so he would choice Emma instead of Jean when Jean died from Magneto's hands. Then the couple live happily ever after.

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on July 14, 2009, 12:39PM
I don’t know much about Penance and how his powers work now, I haven’t read anything he's been in, but as long as he has his Speedball costume as an alternate I’ll be happy.

Same powers as Speedball, the only difference is now, is that he can only focus those powers when he is in pain.

I think the powers are a little weaker now though.

Quote from: Dihan on July 14, 2009, 04:57PM
The thing I don't like about Jean is that she's just too powerful to keep alive. To avoid a big deus ex machina they have to kill her off. She's more of a liability to have alive.

She's only over the top when the Phoenix is involved.  I hope when they bring her back she's Phoenix less and at the same power level she was before the Phoenix starting showing itself again.  She was great and powerful during her time in X-Factor and 90s Jean, and she didnt need the Phoenix to be interesting. If they do decide to keep her with the Phoenix i hope she's written sorta like Rachel Summers was written during her time in Excalibur, powerful but not over the top.

Quote from: Shauny7488 on July 14, 2009, 05:27PM
Same powers as Speedball, the only difference is now, is that he can only focus those powers when he is in pain.

ok thanks
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on July 14, 2009, 06:51PM
She's only over the top when the Phoenix is involved.  I hope when they bring her back she's Phoenix less and at the same power level she was before the Phoenix starting showing itself again.  She was great and powerful during her time in X-Factor and 90s Jean, and she didnt need the Phoenix to be interesting. If they do decide to keep her with the Phoenix i hope she's written sorta like Rachel Summers was written during her time in Excalibur, powerful but not over the top.

I doubt that will happen now that Jean and Phoenix are one. It was their destiny to be one being and the Phoenix's powers are rightfully hers. Maybe something like she can only use the White Phoenix powers in the White Hot Room. Be cool if the White Phoenix costume becomes her regular costume when she comes back though.

July 17, 2009, 09:55AM #41 Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 09:58AM by warmachine300
No not really the Phoenix is a seperate entity and always has been it just merged with Jean just as it had been doing with countless other telepaths before her. And now that Jean is dead, I see no reason for the phoenix to be present if they ressurect her. Thats long gone. I used to like Jean a lot but all this Phoenix nonsence really puts me off her. The writers need to leave that dead and buried story saga alone. Then people will start to like her again. As for being in the game I wouldn't mind seeing her there but something tells me she'll be very similar to Invisible Woman so I'd rather see pyslocke

As for the top telepath to go in to the new MUA. Emma gets my vote not only is hot favouite but she actually has some relevance to the storyline. She such a great character. Generation X was my favourite comic book and largely due to her Synch & Chamber. She's come a long way and has done an awful lot as co leader of the x-men.

And Emma and Jean are nothing alike two totally different personalities. The only thing they have in common is that they're both powerful telepaths who have been linked to Cyclops. Apart from that theres nothing at all alike about them.

I think she will be made differentally than IW. I also find that Emma having simply told Ms. Marvel and Iron Man that the X-Men will be neutral is nothing important. Replace her with Jean, Storm, or Wolvie and nothing major changes. And the Phoenix hasn't merged with anyone besides Jean as they were always meant to be one  being. Not only is that Jean's destiny but also the Phoenix's. For the rest of their life they will be one as they are technically the rulers of the Phoenix hosts.

July 17, 2009, 03:00PM #43 Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 03:06PM by warmachine300
Who told you that? I don't think you know your comic history. The Phoenox has been merging with humns for generations and generations. It favours telepaths though. The first person to merge with the Phoenix was Feron. And he used its powers to protect the Excaliber light house tower. Rachel Summers also had the Phoenix power for a few years and so did Madelyn Pryor. Kid Omega also was possessed by the phoenix force and he tryed to use its power to ressurect his dead wife. The phoenix force also merged with a stepford Cuckoo and Emma Frost has also wielded the power of the Phoenix. So don't be thinking that Jean is special because she isn't. I'm sure theres countless others it has merged with but thats all I remember. The Phoenix and Jean are not destined to be together.

Anyway back on track, Emma is the co-leader of the X-men and although she and the x-men chose to remain neutral she certainly was involved ans wasn't dead which is what Jean was.

Where did this leaked character roaster come from anyway?