Marvel Super Hero Squad

Started by kfcrispy, July 22, 2009, 09:26AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So this... Game isn't coming out on Next-Gen consles (WII isn't really counted as a Next-Gen).
Life, it's a simple thing; it doesn't shout or scream or even ignore you. No life takes what it gets, it expects that it is fate, it expects that the only thing stopping it's self is its self. But what if, what if the only thing stopping you from becoming you is some-one you love. That's my life...

I dont see how you can say the Wii is really counted as Next-Gen when it is.

Okay it's counted as one but the graphics doesn't have as many as the PS3 and the X-Box 360. And the memory card doesn't hold as much as the PS3 and the X-Box 360.
Life, it's a simple thing; it doesn't shout or scream or even ignore you. No life takes what it gets, it expects that it is fate, it expects that the only thing stopping it's self is its self. But what if, what if the only thing stopping you from becoming you is some-one you love. That's my life...

The best analogy for graphics is this:

You can polish a turd as much as you want but it's still a turd.

I'd prefer to play games instead of watching an interactive movie. The Wii actually has a lot more storage space than you think - it accepts SD cards which:

a) Are cheap
b) Can hold several GBs of flash memory

In the future keep your hands away from the keyboard if you don't know what you're talking about.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Okay I shall.

Quote from: Dihan on August 07, 2009, 01:36AM
The best analogy for graphics is this:

You can polish a turd as much as you want but it's still a turd.

I'd prefer to play games instead of watching an interactive movie. The Wii actually has a lot more storage space than you think - it accepts SD cards which:

a) Are cheap
b) Can hold several GBs of flash memory

In the future keep your hands away from the keyboard if you don't know what you're talking about.

The Wii is quite literally nothing more than a GameCube with more RAM, a faster processor, WiFi and motion sensing.  Take a look at the guts of both, or better yet take a look at the proprietary file formats for GameCube and Wii -- they're the same.  Why do you think it can run GC games and still be so cheap?  The 360 has to actually emulate old Xbox games, and the PS3 had a special chip for emulations.  No, the Wii can barely be considered next-gen.  It literally is a GameCube with special controllers and the ability to push more polygons.  It can't do any real-time effects like HDR, specular maps, etc.  (And "The Conduit" doesn't count.  To the trained eye that game is full of "smoke and mirrors").  Oh, and storage?  Last I checked (recently) the Wii had trouble with lots of 8GB and bigger SD cards.  Hardly competitive.  The Wii is a nice system, but to say it can play with the big boys just isn't true.

Sorry, I'm just tired of people talking like the Wii is some underrepresented next-gen console.  It's not.  It's a GameCube with some gimmicks -- really smart ones.  So much that you can't lump it in with the PS3/360 if you want to be fair.  It's in a category all it's own - that is until the PS3 motion controller and Microsoft's Natal updates come out.

August 07, 2009, 10:32AM #21 Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 10:34AM by Teancum
I've started a Wikipedia article:

Marvel Super Hero Squad

August 07, 2009, 10:48AM #22 Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 10:58AM by marvelfan12345
US Agent and Spider-Man 2099 are alternate costumes right. I'm suprised Captain Britain and Nightcrawler are in. I just have to pray Jean Grey is in. I'm suprised how in the show we have Wasp, Scarlet Witch, and Songbird but no Jean. If Jean doesn't make an apperance in the show I guess I can count her out.

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on August 07, 2009, 10:48AM
US Agent and Spider-Man 2099 are alternate costumes right.

The articles didn't specify.

BTW, obsessed with Jean much? :P

Oh if they are new characters I'll be very mad.

Why?  I don't see what the problem would be.

Yeah but it says over 20 characters so I bet less than 25. Characters like US Agent and Spider-Man 2099 take up great slots for great characters when they should simply be alternate costumes. And I don't mean Jean but many others like Gambit, Deadpool, Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Cyclops, etc.

Jean, Deadpool, and Cyclops have been in many, many games.  Personally I'd rather see some lesser knowns.

Yeah but this game is based off on popular marvel characters. I mean this is based of a toy line that obviouslly features well-liked characters so people buy them. When has someone who barely knows Marvel say hey do you know US Agent. Honestly in my opinion the roster should be based on these pics as they feature Marvel's most known and popular characters like DD, Elektra, Cyke, Doc Strange, Jean, Rogue.

http://imagecache5.art.com/p/LRG/21/2186/LTQCD00Z/marvel-heroes.jpg

There is a reason that was once my old profile pic. And underneath I wrote "The Ultimate Alliance".

http://www.warehouse23.com/img/full/FFGMV01.jpg

http://www.iposters.co.uk/images/P/Marvel-Heroes-Poster-96.jpg

I'm also now doubting Black Cat's apperance.

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on August 07, 2009, 11:12AM
Yeah but this game is based off on popular marvel characters.

No, it's based off the TV series and toy line.  Popularity has zero to do with it.  It has to tie 100% in to the TV/toy line.  If you want a popularity contest follow MUA2.