tommyboy2002's Mesh/Skin release thread:

Started by thetommyboy2002, December 16, 2006, 04:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I like it. Can't have DC without the JSA.

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on October 05, 2012, 09:04AM
Heres some preview pics of the JSA, kicking it old school:

Nice skins, but who is this?
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: fox456 on October 05, 2012, 01:16PM
Nice skins, but who is this?
Doctor Midnite.
He's a blind doctor who has a special set of goggles that let him see in total darkness, so he uses "blackout bombs" to blind his enemies.

Cool - He's somewhat of a unique character!  I've never heard of him before.

October 05, 2012, 04:59PM #559 Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 05:10PM by thetommyboy2002
Quote from: fox456 on October 05, 2012, 04:39PM
Cool - He's somewhat of a unique character!  I've never heard of him before.
Not surprising, he was published in the 1940's.
DC did a "legacy" Doc Midnite in the Geoff Johns JSA book who you might have seen, though.
Wiped out now.
No new Doc Midnite has shown up in the post new-52 "Earth 2" book yet.
What amazed me about the JSA when I first saw them as a kid was there were all these superheroes I'd never seen or heard of. And they weren't new ones, just made up. They were actually older than the Flash and Green Lantern, and much older than most Marvel characters.
This pic blew my mind:

Expect to see a fair number of these guys and gals.
From a different game engine, but I'll port 'em all over:

I'm more of a Pieter fan myself, but good JSA is good JSA.

That first picture sure looks "nostaligic."  Interesting to note that there were only two women.  I wonder who the guys liked better, Wonder Woman or Black Canary?

The heroes in the second picture almost look like toy figurines!

Wow biscuits
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

@pr1983, don't worry, he's getting done too.
@fox456, yes, back in those days "equality" and "diversity" were pretty non existent. And also yes, I did make 'em shiny, lol.
@Lars, mmm..biscuits...
@Hyperman, grown up Earth2 Robin assumed the mantle of Batman after Bruce retired. Originally Earth two was an earth where Superman and Batman began their careers in the 1940's and aged, so that by the time of the "Earth 2" heroes appearing in the 60's and 70's they were getting older, and many retired or died or were later replaced by "legacy" versions.
So the last incarnation of the JSA had "legacy" versions of Doc Midnite, Mr.Terrific, Red Tornado, Amazing Man, Star Man, Wildcat, Sandman, Hourman, Atom and probably a few more I've forgotten.
In some ways I find the JSA more interesting than the JLA. The JLA almost always comes back to the "big 7" characters, and despite a long history (though not in the new52!) remains almost unchanged. The JSA is a story of change, of how even heroes age and die or retire, and how new heroes can come in and replace them. Oddly, the JLA started out as such a "replacement" in a lot of ways, with Barry Allen Flash replacing Jay Garrick Flash, Hal GL replacing Allan GL etc.
Aaanyhoo, As you can see from the pic I posted above, I've already made most of the original JSA in another game engine, and will port them over to MUA, to fight alongside the JLA, Avengers, FF, X-men etc etc

And to make sure the JSA doesn't get all the love and attention, here's Zatanna's satellite era "bughead" costume. I need to tweak the rigging on this one's cape, and the texture isn't brilliant, but given that probably only 3 people will ever play this costume it'll do for now.

If there's one question that's been asked more often than any other in the 6 years since MUA came out, it's "Is there a Bloodwynd mod?" or "where can I find a Bloodwynd mod?" or "How can I play as Bloodwynd?", or "is the Bloodwynd mod nearly done?"
Finally the thousands of people clamouring for Bloodwynd mods can be satisfied:

Also those who wanted Golden age Mr. Terrific mods, and there's a lot of you out there, can finally stop e-mailing and pm-ing me about "where is golden-age Mr. Terrific?" etc.
Oh, and Martian Manhunter too.
I actually have a whole mod done for him, powers icons etc, I just need to remake two skins for him and finally the Bloodwynd age can begin!

They look nice ! And I see GREEN ARROW ! :DDD

Quote from: Me on October 07, 2012, 12:10PM
They look nice ! And I see GREEN ARROW ! :DDD

Yeah, I've got a whole Green Arrow mod with 4 model/skins done (powerset is a blatant Hawkeye ripoff), but I want to remake the model/skins as they were not fantastic. His skins were Modern, Classic, Red Arrow and, ummm.. I forget. Maybe I only did 3, no, I just looked at it, the 4th is the "modern" costume but with a hood. Maybe I'll do a nice New 52 or a "smallville" one....
Heres the old ones, like I said, not that great..

Yay for Green !

I really like the first and third costume ! :D