tommyboy2002's Mesh/Skin release thread:

Started by thetommyboy2002, December 16, 2006, 04:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: BliZZ on March 31, 2007, 07:04PM
Oooooo.... I may have to dust off my FFv3R CD for that!

PS: Are there any places where one could still go back and download good DC/Marvel mods for FF? (I remember one of the companies OCDed and killed fan-sites, but it has been so long that I forget which :chuckle:)

If by Mods you mean campaigns with new meshes/skins/missions etc, try here:
http://freedomforceforever.com/graveyard/index.html
http://www.alexff.com/goodies.php
http://www.frpmods.com/

Quote from: BliZZ on March 31, 2007, 07:04PM
Oooooo.... I may have to dust off my FFv3R CD for that!

PS: Are there any places where one could still go back and download good DC/Marvel mods for FF? (I remember one of the companies OCDed and killed fan-sites, but it has been so long that I forget which :chuckle:)

It was MARVEL...... :rofl:

Just a quick update.
I had a day where I could mesh some MUA stuff, so I started work on the new skeletons/bipeds required (thanks to Blizz for noticing and pointing out that I was missing a spine bone in my meshes), and putting the male and female basic types together with said new bipeds.
Sadly after about seven hours work they still aren't displaying correctly, and I don't quite know why, as I'm using the same sort of techniques for the "skin" modifier as before.
So nothing new from me till I have more time to play, and discover what I'm doing wrong this time.

Just FYI, I didn't have any luck with the Xbox Captain Marvel mesh.  My guess is that 'box and PS2 MUA are both Alchemy 2.0 since they're swappable.  That'd also explain crashes with your meshes in XML2.  I wonder if there's a 2.0 exporter out there.

*edit*

about 1/2 way down this link is Alchemy 1.0.  Link works

http://www.cadalyst.net/extras/plugins/Import_max5.html

Yes, but it points at the same package as the one we're using, v2.5.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: CATMANEXE on April 10, 2007, 09:05AM
um, where can i get ahold of the DC skins shown in your pics?

You can't.
I'm not releasing them, at least not for the foreseeable future.
Those were for my own private use, and not intended for any sort of public distribution.
The ice we are Modding on is thin enough, methinks.

tommyboy,con you make a  :spiderman:- :carnage: skin for  :spiderman:?

Quote from: spider777 on April 23, 2007, 10:29AM
tommyboy,con you make a  :spiderman:- :carnage: skin for  :spiderman:?

At the moment I'm not making any MUA meshes, largely because I'm stuck with a problem I haven't been able to fix, partly because I'm busy with other stuff.
A carnage skin would be better suited to either the existing Spiderman mesh that comes with the game, or (if it ever comes out and can be 'ported to PC) the Venom on the downloadable Xbox360 content.
So the answer is no, not at the moment.
I'd recommend making a general request in addition to just asking me.

If you are just asking about a Carnage, darkmythology already made a re-skin one (IIRC, it was in his Venom mod)

But, from the way you phrased, it looks like you are asking for a Spider-Carnage skin. In which case you are out of luck atm, seeing as one hasn't been made. Sorry.

Tommy! Might I make a somewhat small Request? If you have the time/desire, would you be willing to *SPOILERS*

give your Ronin mesh all of Hawk's various boltons, in place of the ones she currently has, and make a 'Ronin Hawkeye'? It'd cover the 6th Hawkeye skin, with minimal effort from you. Obviously he doesn't use the bow in NA, but who really cares?

Quote from: BliZZ on May 09, 2007, 05:10PM
Tommy! Might I make a somewhat small Request? If you have the time/desire, would you be willing to *SPOILERS*

give your Ronin mesh all of Hawk's various boltons, in place of the ones she currently has, and make a 'Ronin Hawkeye'? It'd cover the 6th Hawkeye skin, with minimal effort from you. Obviously he doesn't use the bow in NA, but who really cares?

I can do it, but it'll be a while till I could get to it, and I'd rather have Hawkeye be Hawkeye and Ronin be Ronin(or Echo or whoever he/she/it is), and ne'er the twain shall meet. Bendis isn't winning me over with his latest talkathon suckfest.

True, but I don't have a slot for Echo in my game (same as other people). It'd also mix up Hawkeye's costumes a little, since 3 of the 5 you did were variations on his purple duds. Bendis' writing may suck (see the recent handling of Ult Moony/Ronin. Yuck. What a gargantuan suckfest) but Ronin is a visually different look for Hawkeye.

*blows dust off thread*
Well, a little good news.
One of the things that had been stopping me meshing has been (partly) overcome, so I might actually get to release something in the next few weeks/months.
I'm very busy with some Freedom Force stuff at the moment, but I hope I'll be able to release a new model /mesh or three for MUA soon.
That is all..

Yay! The return of tommy! If only we had the DLC, we could get you to work on those Hulks...... :laugh:

Maybe a Classic Toad; perhaps with a squatting animation (ala Deadpool) for the mannequin?

PS: I'm testing that knife now......