Which (other) games have you modded?

Started by BLaw, November 30, 2009, 07:25AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Title is the question. The games/mods may be discussed in this one. Just curious. It also goes for non-released mods (let it be the truth though). Oh and no MUA/XML2 stuff:P

I modded (or tried to):

- Unreal Tournament '99 by skinning the base models
- C&C: Tiberian Sun + Firestorm
- C&C: Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge

That's basicly all. I never released any of the stuff I created, because I thought people would never like it. Second reason is because I editted other people's stuff to my liking, so that's a second reason ^^. This goes for UT99.

For the C&C's, I used TibEd. Great program, instant structure, weapon and unit editting.

I'm currently giving Red Alert 3 a shot and hopefully I'll create something worthy for public release. I don't have a website for it though. If modelers want to join in, let me know haha :P

I had some interest in Wolverine's Origins, but the interest fade away after my game crashing every now and then.

I have modded JK2(jedi knights 2)
thats mostly it
We are the Venom :venom:

My face book group url is:
http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?gid=354696375353&ref=ts

The two most major ones for me are Oblivion and Super Smash Bros Brawl.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

You've modded Red Alert 2? Is that the normal one with the Allied campaign with Tanya, and the Soviet campaign with the psychic missions? If it is, how do you mod it? I myself posses that game.

Oh, and for games I've modded: Lego Star Wars 1 :) Not very moddable, but it still is moddable.

Hmm. It doesn't make sense to me. I tried it just now.

i modded sims 2 a little. i would mod other games if i knew how, and owned them. (you can mod lego star wars 1? how?)

Just look in this folder: C:\Program Files\Giant\LEGO Star Wars Game\lego_data\Chars (or something like that, whatever it is for you.) Every character has animations and "herostats". I've made Queen Amidala single jump like Darth Maul.

November 30, 2009, 08:09PM #8 Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 08:15PM by Burning Rage
I've modded a few games here and there.  Some have been for my own fun, and some have been as part of an assignment for college.  I've done anything from simple reskinning to new character models, weapons, props, animations, and entirely new arenas and levels.  I've also done scripting and coding for some game engines such as Torque (2d and 3d), Unreal, Quake, etc., as well as made homebrew games with C++, Torque, Unreal, Visual Basic, etc. including new renditions of Mega Man and Mario, and a new Dragonball Z game that I did with Torque 3D.  Here is a quick list of a few games I've done:

- XML1, XML2, and MUA (obviously)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight 2
- Star Wars: Jedi Academy
- Star Wars: Battlefront 2
- Tomb Raider: Legend
- Tomb Raider: Anniversary
- Tomb Raider: Underworld
- Unreal Tournament 2004
- Unreal Tournament III
- True Crime: Streets of New York
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Madden 2008
- Neverwinter Nights
- Battlefield 1942
- Battlefield: Vietnam
- Battlefield 2

The most mods I've released for public though have been for MUA and XML2.  I didn't really get much in to the community modding thing really until I got to this forum.  Though I've released a couple here and there for Neverwinter Nights, Jedi Knight, and Star Wars: Battlefront, most of my mods have either been for private use only, or shared among friends.  Like with Battlefield, I used to play with my dad and a group of people.  We had a clan going where we would compete against others and what not.  I used to make maps and release them for use for competitions and private play among our group for fun.  I've modded more games, I just can't remember all of what I've done.  I have archives of CDs with data on it that I haven't gone through in years.  I feel old as hell saying that but I'm only 23.  :rofl:
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Oh lol I made clothing for Sims 2. Forgot that :P More modern like clothing: real life sneakers and all that :P Was fun for a week or so. That was years ago though.

Oh I once made 2 maps for Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (Yeah made.. And adjusted official maps too). Short after my first 2 maps, I quitted playing games (all games) and went to work-out almost all day everyday. Never regretted it hehe. 

I've only skin for different games... but that is about it ^^

Jedi Knight II Outcast
Freedom Force vs the Third Reich
Unreal Tournament 2004
MUA - duh! XD

I think that's it. MUA & Freedom Force are the only games in which i have release my skins ^^

Cheers ^^

Quote from: Dihan on November 30, 2009, 02:20PM
The two most major ones for me are Oblivion and Super Smash Bros Brawl.

What sort of stuff did you do for Brawl?

My modding experience has been very limited.  I have done a little for Sims 2 and Civilization IV.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

@Burning Rage

what sort pf things did you do for the Tomb Raider games?

And I'm also very curious as to your modding of Battlefront 2.