Most Memorable Deaths

Started by MarvelFan12345, July 20, 2010, 03:03PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Which deaths do you think are the most memorable?
I have 3, all classics.

:phoenix: Jean Grey of course is in my list. Her "first death" on the moon when she sacrificed herself. Although it technically wasn't her that died but the Phoenix Force, it was Jean's humanity that caused the Phoenix to commit suicide which is what makes it so memorable. Anyway a part of Jean was in that body that died.

:emmafrost: Gwen Stacy had a really sad but another classic death. Had she not died we wouldn't have a great story and Mary Jane would never have been as popular as she is today. Not to mention Green Goblin wouldn't have had such a huge impact on Spider-Man then.

:genis: Captain Marvel is one of the few heroes who is super powerful yet all it took to kill him was a natural thing which was cancer. Not being thrown off a bridge, blasted into smitherens, or anything but just cancer. He defintally had an impact on the marvel universe with his death.

July 20, 2010, 04:27PM #1 Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 08:57AM by LarsAlexandersson
Another:
First Goliath/Bill Foster at Civil War Saga, kill by Thor Clone/Ragnarok

:capamer:/Now being called Captain Steve Rogers: at Civil War Ends/Death of Cap Saga Once believe he was dead & killed by an hypnotised Sharon Carter. But he's not. He's body was taken to '40.

:stooth:: Revealed that he was X-Men's importance after  :wolverine: kills him w/ Muramasa Blade.

:nightcrawler:: at the Dark Reign & Captain America Reborn Saga X-Force & X-Men,  :confused: what happen to him

Sentry: at Siege Saga Thor had no choice to kill him because he has the Void inside of him

Now....... :cable:: at Second Coming.  :ohnoes: Ok, now i'm frighten, i don't liked to seeing so many popular Super/Anti Heroes died in memorable.

I believe Jean Grey was still alive, she wears White Phoenix. I saw the cover of  :wolverine: origin that showns  :wolverine: & his sons Dark :wolverine: costume in blood, is he dead or something.
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

I can't think of single deaths so I'll give my most memorable collective deaths:

Stryker's attack on the mansion after the events of House of M. Those poor depowered kids didn't stand a chance.
Ultimatum. Memorable for the entirely wrong reasons.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

July 20, 2010, 05:14PM #3 Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 05:17PM by Nowhere Man
Nitro's explosion of Stamford.

as for individuals:

Colossus sacrificing himself to cure the Legacy Virus was great, very touching.

The Phoenix's original death at the end of the Dark Phoenix Saga. Till this day regarded as one of the best X-Men stories ever.

Bucky's death at the end of the Golden Age cause it defined a moment in comics history.

Gwen Stacy, also legendary, also defined a moment in comics history, when things started to get serious and not just "here comes the heroes to save the day".

Captain Marvel dying of cancer was great. 10 points just for the originality of having a superhero die of an illness.

Xavier in Age of Apocalypse cause it's what started the whole thing.

Thor in Ragnarok cause it's the best Thor saga ever IMO.

Thunderbird cause it was the first death amog the X-Men that came to show that title meant business.

Wonderman for the same reason with the Avengers.

Squidboy, cause he was just so nice and I didn't see it coming.

Elektra, cause it was just totally awesome and is also still regarded as one of the best DD stories ever.

Yeah, those are the ones I remember right away so, by definition: memorable.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

Now i didnt read any comics, Marvel comic database is there for, most memorable deaths from me

Captian America : Honestly, i feel so sad for the guy. After it was all over he had to get shot. Sad ending :*(

Namorita : Honestly i didnt care much for the character, but that must be one hell of a painfull death, its like holding a bomb when it explodes

Carnage : As a kid i loved Carnage, he was defnitly one of my number 1 characters. I just wished a survived a little longer

Nightcrawler : He sacrificed himself to. Sacrifises are always sad

Jean's first death : Honestly. All explained above ^^. But at that moment i didnt know she be back next week XD

Captain M. ^^ explained all above

and Colossus, cus i felt sad for Kitty :*(

A lot of yours are really great like Colossus, Nightcrawler, Elektra, Bucky, Cap, etc. And Stamford was really sad too especially for the kids.  Honestly the only member of the New Warriors I had a care about who died was Namorita.

It's a shame how they died too.

I felt sad for Elektra being stabed with her own sai.Even though she got brought back to life but still i thought it was sad.Even the death of Jean Grey how she sacrificed her life to save her friends and destroy the phoenix force.....

I've always loved the Days Of Future Past X-men storyline. The cover (with so many great X-men characters deceased or still at large on a newspaper page) still makes my heart skip a beat. If you don't know... Kitty ultimately saves the day in this two parter with the help of Rachel (the then unknown daughter of Cyclops and Jean from an alternate timeline) and stops these terrible events from taking place.

Shocking Death's

1. Future Wolverine (Disintegrated by an Omega Sentinel)

2. Future Storm (Impaled by an Omega Sentinels spear)

3. Future Colossus (After witnessing the deaths of Logan & Storm... last man standing, he continues to fight until Rachel can no longer feel his lifeforce)

4. Grown up Franklin Richards (Shot by a Sentinel in the subway tunnels right in front of Rachel... his girlfriend)

5. Future Magneto... in a wheelchair (Stays behind and gives his life to cover the X-men's escape)

6. The future graveyard (which displayed the names of several fallen heroes) such as: Iceman, Nightcrawler, Beast, Spiderman and the FF

All are quite memorable... :storm: :wolverine: :colossus: :kittyp:

Quote from: Nowhere Man on July 20, 2010, 05:14PM
Colossus sacrificing himself to cure the Legacy Virus was great, very touching.

And especially this  :bowdown1:

Quote from: mrcaino9 on July 22, 2010, 08:19PM
I've always loved the Days Of Future Past X-men storyline. The cover (with so many great X-men characters deceased or still at large on a newspaper page) still makes my heart skip a beat. If you don't know... Kitty ultimately saves the day in this two parter with the help of Rachel (the then unknown daughter of Cyclops and Jean from an alternate timeline) and stops these terrible events from taking place.

Shocking Death's

1. Future Wolverine (Disintegrated by an Omega Sentinel)

2. Future Storm (Impaled by an Omega Sentinels spear)

3. Future Colossus (After witnessing the deaths of Logan & Storm... last man standing, he continues to fight until Rachel can no longer feel his lifeforce)

4. Grown up Franklin Richards (Shot by a Sentinel in the subway tunnels right in front of Rachel... his girlfriend)

5. Future Magneto... in a wheelchair (Stays behind and gives his life to cover the X-men's escape)

6. The future graveyard (which displayed the names of several fallen heroes) such as: Iceman, Nightcrawler, Beast, Spiderman and the FF

All are quite memorable... :storm: :wolverine: :colossus: :kittyp:
Those deaths were really sad too and I think many Avengers were killed to, including Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. Prof X was already killed during the initial attack on the X-Mansion. I know Jean was killed in a bomb attack but I don't remember how Cyke died. After Jean's death though.

Well, it's kinda memorable, as he was alive for quite some time (I believe Marvel will revive him someway, as they done stuff like that before). You know, that fact that Daredevil has become the leader of the Hand (and wears a new black outfit) and killed Bullseye, by first breaking his arms than stabbing him on the chest with a sai, makes me feel, that comics become darker and darker, as time goes. I mean, at the start, everything was so colourful and more cliché like (something I like in comics). You know, evil comes and do bad things, heroes come and in the end, stop them. But nowadays, heroes and villians just die. Many, who we have thought, would live forever, has died (some of them has been revived, and some of them haven't been). So, everyone can see, that comics, like everything else, changes over time.

Okay guys, i just got around googling on how many times jeannie died

First you guys are gonna guess

...Done? She died 14 freaking times. I believe it was from a couple o months back, so she probally died more but still. :P Just thought i share it with you guys

For me, Jean's death is like this:
- Jean Grey died, again.
- Oh, really? Can you pass the ketchup to me?
:D

I mean, really. Whenever she dies, she will live again. Someone should create a funny comic, where she dies on every page and is being revived on the next page :D You know, with cartoonish humour, in mini Marvel style drawing :D

It depends on how you count deaths. If you mean her longtime deaths then she has had two. Her death by Xorn and latest Endsong death.

If you mean deaths like I-don't-care-if-the-character-returns-in-the-next-issue-it-still-counts-as-a-death then she has had several.

Her death in UXM 281 (although her mind survived,  body did not).
Death in Planet X by Wolverine
Death by Xorn
Deaths by Wolverine in Endsong
Death in iceberg (she may not have died though, but most likely did)
Final Endsong death.

You may or may not count her AOA death because for a time the 616 universe became the AOA until the X-Men changed time. You also may not count her death by Thanos where he erases many heroes for a second or somewhat.

Truthfully the Endsong writer and Morrison are the ones who did this to her. She never became like this before.
Also the Phoenix and DP Saga deaths do not count as it wasn't Jean although the Phoenix had a portion of Jean's psyche in it's body. Now Jean and the Phoenix are the same person but that only means Jean has those memories, she still didn't actually truly experience it.

She died actually more times in other series,

then you count 23, Including her death in X2 - X3, her death in the first episode of Wolvie and the X-guys etc.