DD stands for... (spoilers)

Started by Nowhere Man, August 09, 2010, 08:12PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 09, 2010, 08:12PM Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 08:17PM by Nowhere Man
DEADDEVIL

well, some of you might already know that by the end of Shadowland good ol' DD is gonna be dead and Marvel has been announcing candidates for the devil's hood. and they are really weird:

Black Panther (ok, how's DD's hood more important than his own? he's a friggin king for chrissake!)

Falcon (yeah, get the guy whose main uniqueness is flying and speaking to his bird and take that away from him. what do you get? that's right: nothing)

Gambit (the character has indeed been "lost" nowadays. but getting a thief with highly questionable morals to fight thieves with highly questionable morals is just weird. Plus, where's all the mutant ordeal in this?)

Kraven the Hunter (oh yeah "I'm gonna kill all the criminals in this city. but not before I kill spider-man!" that would work ¬¬)

and finally: Nova
Can you imagine?
- Richard, Barracuda, The Owl, Mister Hyde, Kingpin, Bullseye, Man-Bull, Mister Fear, Tombstone, Hammerhead, Stilt-Man and Purple Man are surrounding us. They're Daredevil's greatest enemies and have been causing havok in hell's kitchen for decades.
- Understood Worldmind.
*SHIUUUUUM!!!!*
- Richard, you have just destroyed all of them...and Hell's Kitchen...and New York City.
- Whoops...

This whole thing sounds ridiculous. We all know that the Hand is gonna just ressurect him pretty soon. Don't you all agree?
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

i could see black panther or gambit being it, but no one else really. and gambit would just do it for shits and giggles to piss of cyclops ("hey skottie, i'm off to protect new york, have fun with whole messiah and vampires thing" XD). black panther could pull it off though, if you ignore the whole king problem XD. and the fact that he's not blind or caucasian.

They should just get the Iron Fist to do it again.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

No. No no no and NO! What's going on?! Why are they killing off all of their cool characters? Everything has changed! I start to heavily dislike their (and DC's aswell) "new idea of comic-making". If they make one of my old favourite to be dead for sure and replace him with someone, who is ALREADY a hero, than they are losing what they shouldn't. Good ol' characters, who are liked by many characters.
It's like this: "Dad, can I buy the new Daredevil comic? I love Matt Murdoc's character!"
"No you can't son, because Matt Murdoc is dead and Daredevil will be a monkey from now on, with rainbow colored clothes and with the ability, to eat 4000 bananas in a minute"
Sorry, I don't want to be angry or anything, but this sucks. In a little time, they kill of everyone unique, everyone original and replace them with someone totally else. And I don't think, that people don't like the characters.

you do seem angry, but you have every right to be. it's pathetic. I think except for those deaths I posted in the memorable deaths thread all others have been pure crap. plus it doesn't make sense. even when iron fist substituted DD. Iron Fist is a legendary chosen warrior that shows up once a generation and has existed for thousandss of years. how're the guy in red who beats criminals more important than that? why can't other heroes protect hell's kitchen as themselves?

killing of character just to bring them back right away is ridiculous. they're doing it all the effing time. both marvel and DC. I get that they want us to miss the characters in order to properly appreciate them and then buy all the comics in which they die and return. I hate this. There are other ways to miss characters. They can take a vacation, retire and then come back, go missing, become captive for a lot of time, step away cause they had kids and so on and so on.

DD has been a favorite of mine since I was a little kid...in fact, it was my very first comic. I've been following shadowland pretty extensively, and I'd actually be quite surprised if they kill of DD. What I think is going to happen is that DD simply becomes a villain instead of a hero, hence hell's kitchen needing a new protector. Unless you know otherwise...

I personally think Gambit will become the new Daredevil. Though if they get rid of him I'd prefer no one replaced him.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

i actually don't mind them killing characters occasionally, as a plot device if they manage to keep them dead for a good while, and don't replace them with other mainstream heroes who have places already. like cap dying being replaced by bucky was a good and well done story line that went naturally. also have you noticed how in sequels of popular fiction books important characters start dying? that's what the comic industry is going through right now, a period of not knowing what to do with their characters, so they are killing some and reviving some to spice things up.

also why danny rand became daredevil was 1) to help matt murdock and try and convince people that matt wasn't daredevil and 2) because though the iron fist is a centuries old mantle, the daredevil is a symbol that carries more relevance for the modern times and represents more than just "the red guy who fights criminals".

hope i don't sound too argumentative XD

oh and, kind of random i think an interesting (and the best) replacement for daredevil would be echo, seeing as he is her idle of sorts and it would be kind of cool to have a female daredevil in charge. and she already has most of the connections to the new york underworld she needs to make the transition smooth.

For me, Daredevil is not like Captain America. I mean, Bucky was just great, to be the new Cap, but the Daredevil is a blind man, with great senses and without fear. I don't think, that anyone could just replace him, like: "Daredevil is dead, I pick up his suit from the laundry and become the new one"

I think he's not that iconic within the marvel universe. having a legacy hero for cap, spidey or ironman is natural, but DD isn't nearly as famous as these guys.

But at least he was original. I mean, what if they make Black Panther the new Daredevil? It's like deleting two original hero and putting them together. I don't like the sound of that.

I'm with you. I mean DD is not my favorite hero and I don't think he's that special or epic, but he has something that it's different from the standard icons of Marvel, I don't know maybe his attitude, so I would prefer that he should stay the same and don't replace him with other hero.
But in that case that he will be replaced (just a few months like Ms Marvel was replaced by Moonstone in the Dark Reign), Echo would be the perfect choice for me.
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

I could do Echo....I like Echo. People at my local comic book shop today is a couple of theories.

1. Daredevil is already dead and has been resurrected from the Hand to work for them. Much like Elektra, and Echo have been in the past.

2. Matt Murdock simply stops being "Daredevil".

3. Daredevil turns into a villain.

The death of Matt Murdock is slowly losing ground. People think it'll simply take a new direction.

What they did to Cap reminds me of what DC did to Batman.

DC, "Batman's dead"
Fans, "Aww thats sad, Batman was cool"
DC, "Theres going to be a battle between the allies of Batman to see who becomes the new Batman"
Fans, "Thats kinda cool I guess..."
DC, "Dick Greyson is the new Batman"
Fans, "Thats a good choice"
DC, "By the way, Batman isn't dead"
Fans, "Huh?"

Deaths are becoming far too common all of a sudden I think, if the writers want the full effect of a character death, they need to spread them out a bit more, otherwise people will just get used to them happening

I think these deaths are just to see how many fans like that particular character, for example
You like Jean grey

but for the 101nth time, she dies in a comic
you basicly got 2 options

1 : buy the comic, you dont really care about Jean
2: Stop buying the comics, it was all about Jean :P

Then at a certain time, she revives again :P, its that simple really
especially setting on the cover in big-ass letters ''The Return Of Jean (again)''