Started by Nowhere Man, October 07, 2010, 03:14PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Trailer released:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/10/07/x-men-destiny-reveal-trailer

what do you people think about it?
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

There's no much info about it, but I found this:

QuoteA short and sweet press release issued by Activision brings word of "X-Men: Destiny," an enigmatic new video game written by "X-Men: Legacy" comic book scribe Mike Carey. Little is known about the game at this time, except that it "casts players as new mutant recruits in a rich, branching storyline that features a deep element of choice and gives players ultimate control of their destiny." From the sound of it, I'm guessing that you'll play as brand new, possibly customizable characters, rather than old staples like Wolverine or Cyclops.

So, apparently, and I repeat, apparently, no senior X-men like Cyclops, Emma, Storm or Wolverine... really? :/

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/10/07/activision-announces-x-men-destiny-video-game/
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

well, several senior x-men appear in the trailer. but maybe they're npcs.

Not interested then.
If they are going to use "new" mutants, they should introduce the New X-Men characters like Pixie, Hellion or Mercury, not create a new bunch of characters that (probably) will stay on the videogame storyline and nothing more (like the Imprerfects for example)

But this is the first info we got, so, we'll see...
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

it would be cool if we could create our own character. choose the costume, powers, personality, attributes and so on.

No classic X-Men characters playable! No Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Storm, etc. Can't believe that. Looks like if I buy this game I'll just create new characters who are identical to the classic X-M

Quote from: Nowhere Man on October 07, 2010, 04:09PM
it would be cool if we could create our own character. choose the costume, powers, personality, attributes and so on.

This would be cool, but with the option to unlock known X-Men during the story that would help you during certain areas, so at the end of the game you have the whole team, plus your new character. Mostly because of this:

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on October 07, 2010, 04:28PM
Looks like if I buy this game I'll just create new characters who are identical to the classic X-M
Phoenix Endsong #5

I hope that the game will unlock existing X-Men characters like Whiteking said above.

The game is 14+ months out, we really can't have any idea what the actual game will be like.  I, however, am intrigued by the idea of being your own character within the X-Men universe.  I mean, XML3 would obviously be my optimal choice for a new X-Game, but I'd say this sounds like a good second option.

Quote from: Nowhere Man on October 07, 2010, 04:09PM
I'm with you. For me, the only logical thing would be, if we could totally customize the character.

BTW people, this fits well with Marvel. After killing done so many characters, why not make a game, where you are with an entirely new one?

I'm just happy they are making a new game.

From the trailer I've seen Cyclops, Wolverine, Magneto, and Nightcrawler. The woman imo is either Jean Grey or Dazzler and the other guy could be Cannonball.

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on October 08, 2010, 09:56AM
From the trailer I've seen Cyclops, Wolverine, Magneto, and Nightcrawler. The woman imo is either Jean Grey or Dazzler and the other guy could be Cannonball.

I assumed it was Iceman because it was accompanied by the creaking sound of something freezing over. The woman would be Jean Grey because, well, she always has to be there somewhere.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Never thought of Iceman. I thought I saw a jacket and Cannonball sprang in mind. It is likely Iceman. For the woman the hair reminds me of Jean and so does the pose. The back looks like the cosmos which is why I associate it with Jean. If they are not using obscure characters for the trailer then its not Dazzler.