City of Heroes: Freedom ( Closing down on November 30th 2012 )

Started by White Queen, September 27, 2011, 06:20AM

Previous topic - Next topic
ive already played it about a year ago didnt like it and wont play it again. besides, im gonna start to forget my passwords for my other stuff(MSN SHSO CO)

Quote from: Scabbia on September 30, 2011, 02:05PM
The models on CoH can be used on The Sims 1, and when CoH was released, I do beleive, the same company that made it, made other games that were at least a little better on graphics. Guild Wars was released around the same time, and it looks and plays better. Which is really sad knowing these are all by the same devolopers lol. I personally like my games simple on the controls, I could have dealt with the simish style, but I just couldn't grasp it... And even though Champions is very toonish, it still has a whole lot more to work with on costumizing the look of your character. And I agree, the powers aren't all that fantastic like I seen of CoH, but the way you use them is better in my opinion.
OMG Scabbia i was thinking the same thing. The characters really look like Sims 1 xD

and lol midninghtphoenix you must be kidding. COH graphics are really bad. Champions has the best graphics. If you dont like the comic line mode just disable it. When its on it looks better more comic like which i personally love. DC Universe Online's graphics can beat both of those games xD

Quote from: White Queen on October 01, 2011, 12:11AM
OMG Scabbia i was thinking the same thing. The characters really look like Sims 1 xD

and lol midninghtphoenix you must be kidding. COH graphics are really bad. Champions has the best graphics. If you dont like the comic line mode just disable it. When its on it looks better more comic like which i personally love. DC Universe Online's graphics can beat both of those games xD

Lol no, I thought you were kidding. Im not trying to be rude but Champions looks horrible, it looks like someone threw up on my computer screen, it looks horrible. COH looks a million times better, plays better, almost everything is better about it. Ive been playing City of Heroes for as long as I can remember, and I bought Champions for 70 dollars when it first came out thinking it would be better, but I found out I was extremly wrong and it looked like crap.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Cel shading can look good but Champions Online's take on it looks awful. With City of Heroes there is some disparity between the content, but the game is 7 years old so that's to be expected. The most recent additions look tons better than what Champions Online (e.g. the revamped Atlas Park, the Steampunk, Barbarian, Circle of Thorns, IDF, Alpha costume sets, the Time Manipulation, Kinetic Melee, Demon Summoning powers).
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Recently i found out that NCSoft has terminated Paragon Studios, and City of Heroes will be closing on November 30th. I updated/bumped this topic, so the City of Heroes fans/veterans/players on this forum could says their goodbyes to the game. I havent really played the game for that long just about like 5 months or so, but i liked it ( When it wasnt crashing xD ) The character creation process is neat ( just didnt liked that you had to buy the capes or be a member to have one xD ):P, gameplay is realistic, you can do all sorts of things. From melee to energy blasts, and so much more. I liked how you can pick the color of the powers, and the animation style. Thats one of the things i liked most. The graphics werent that great ( cus well you know the game is 8 years old so.. ) but they were nice :P
I will miss the game, and as the first superhero mmo it will be remembered. :)

I read about this a week or so ago, it is sad because I just dont want to lose all my characters lol. I really enjoy the game, but my favorite part was making costumes. My dad always got mad at me because that was all I did, I would level up just to unlock more slots, and then rush to the costume place and spend all my money changing my costumes over and over again.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on September 18, 2012, 02:39PM
I read about this a week or so ago, it is sad because I just dont want to lose all my characters lol. I really enjoy the game, but my favorite part was making costumes. My dad always got mad at me because that was all I did, I would level up just to unlock more slots, and then rush to the costume place and spend all my money changing my costumes over and over again.
xD You should post pics of some of the outfits you have made :)

Quote from: White Queen on September 19, 2012, 05:06AM
xD You should post pics of some of the outfits you have made :)

I really really wish I could, but sadly I share an account with my Dad and he stopped paying the subscription so all our characters were locked, and he used all the slots we have to unlock every single one of his characters and all mine are locked, so I can't even play them one last time :(

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on September 19, 2012, 02:33PM
I really really wish I could, but sadly I share an account with my Dad and he stopped paying the subscription so all our characters were locked, and he used all the slots we have to unlock every single one of his characters and all mine are locked, so I can't even play them one last time :(
Aww :(