Psylocke Version 1.1 (UPDATED!)

Started by DJay Saint, June 15, 2007, 03:46PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Alright.  Sorry for the long hiatus.  As I said earlier, I was busy with a couple major projects, and just finished my finals.  I'll get back to working on an update for Psylocke (which includes 4 custom meshes for her, although I'm mainly focusing on getting 1 done for now).  I am looking for another base combat skeleton to use for her moves other than Elektra's.  At first, I thought some of the animations would look pretty cool.  After playing around with her though, I didn't like them so much, and found that they didn't work well with what I was going for.  I would like to try to find out how to make custom animations so I can do my own animation sets, but that's a whole new project for a different day.  For now, the working order is as follows:

0.  Loading Screens (completely forgot about them... :P)
1.  Finish custom mesh (I'm working on her Classic "Jim Lee" outfit first)
2.  Fixing Xtreme problem
3.  Working on new animation sets for her powers

If there are any more bugs with this mod, please feel free to shout them out, as I am back to working on her.  My next mods will be Rogue (actually, she's about 92% done... I just have 2 custom meshes I am working on, and then I have to get Power Theft working.  Everything else is 100% complete for her) and Emma Frost for MUA.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

The Xtreme problem seems to be effects.... you have linked as p4_something and the actual effects are p10_something.

Indeed, I changed the p4_onslaught to p10 onslaught in the lines shown below, and now there is an animation to go with the attack.  I still don't get the raining psyblades, but if that's too much of a headache I can live with it the way it is.  The only thing now is to figure out why no enemies actually get stunned from teh attack.

trigger {
      name = sound ;
      sound = char/psyloc_m/power10 ;
      time = 0 ;
      }

trigger {
      bolt = Bip01 R Hand ;
      effect = char/psyloc/p10_onslaught ;
      name = effect ;
      time = 0 ;
      }

trigger {
      bolt = Bip01 L Hand ;
      effect = char/psyloc/p10_onslaught ;
      name = effect ;
      time = 0 ;
      }

Just out of curiosity, is it just me or is her radial attack really powerful and cost less than all the other characters' radial attacks?

This mod had a ridiculous amount of downloads.  :)  That's good, I hope everyone likes it.  I figured I would bring updates from the netherworld, so no, I'm not dead.  :rofl:

Here are a couple quick renders of something I am working on:

A free cookie to whoever can guess what it is.  I'm done modeling the katana, texturing it, etc.  Any comments or complaints about the look so far?  I still have to play with the particles a little bit more, but so far it's looking pretty hot.  Once I get it to where I like it, I'll start screwing around with that Alchemy exporter and get into MUA.  I figured I would try something simple first to export, that way I can get (or try to get) the different types of maps working, as well as find out a way to export with the emitter attached to the object. Once I figure out the exporter, I can start moving on to bigger and better things, like releasing my meshes already (still have to rig them).

Alas, that's not all I'm working on.  I'll release an updated version of Psylocke's powerstyle so some of her moves are not so broken (damage-wise) and I guess effects-wise.

Could you also update the link with some good versions of the placeholder skins? One of them has black dots, and the others aren't named properly or lined up with the huds. I understand that you are going to be releasing meshes, but that looks to be a ways away and it just seems most logical to release the best quality that we have available now for the sake of downloaders/users, as opposed to waiting. Oh well, just my 2 cents.

(I've got some proper placceholder skins (Your Classic skin on a MUA model, the AoA skin on a MUA model, and her PS2XML1 skin [along with an hud for that, so the skin matches hud]) all properly #ed and such, if you want them. Oh, and her XML1 Loading screen)

Sure.  Let me know what skins you have that you want to stick in for now, and I'll update the herostat for those until I get those meshes exported.  I normally don't like incorporating that but it's better than an incomplete I suppose.

What skin has black dots BTW?  None of them have that problem on my PC.  I'm assuming it's probably the PC model for Jean, ala the classic skin.  If so, I don't know what to tell you for now as I still haven't figured out how to reskin a PS2 model (not that I need to anymore, but it would still be nice to know for Wolverine's TAS skin for now until I feel up to doing a model for it).

Almost done with the katanas BTW.  Any comments on the aesthetics before I finalize them?  I hate redoing stuff after export, so now is the time to speak up.

I assume you are playing with adv. lighting, thus why you have no Black dots. Yeah, it is the AoA skin w/ Black dots.

I'll do you one better: here are the actual files, so you don't have to hunt them down. Your Classic skin on the MUA Medusa model, that AoA skin on the MUA Medusa model, and her XML1PS2 X-Treme costume. Skin names in herostat are the same, except for "Retro" being "X-Treme". I also tossed in an hud for her X-Treme costume (since there is no Retro skin to match with that hud of your's atm) and a loading screen, in case you wanted to toss those in.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7h8a0v

You guys, I am an absolute effin' genius.  I modeled all my junk in 3d Max 9, and exported to 3d Max 5 with some complicated crap into Alchemy FTW.  Model is absolutely sexy in game.  The only thing I have to do now is redo or re-export the emitter because it did not export to 3d Max 5 properly (mostly because I was just worried about the model...  hierarchy, UVW coords, etc. are dead on).  Even though it is almost the same as 9, I could not use 5 regularly to model.  *shrugs*

Now that I'm starting to screw around with the exporter, hopefully I can find a way to get the specular and normal mapping to work and figure out the full extent of Alchemy shaders.  If I can help Tommy out with that, our models will pwn ass.

ZOMG  :bowdown1:!!! I lost track of the modeling threads because I could only get 3D Max 9. Any chance there is some kind of exporting tutorial coming or do you think I should better start reading the 3DS thread again?

You can do the modeling in 3d max 9, but you have to have 3d max 5 for the alchemy plug-in.  I was just told it wasn't possible to open max 9 files in max 5.  Oddly enough, it's relatively simple (.3ds is universal across all versions).  The only problem I am having is that for some reason when I do export the scene, the particle system does NOT export with the model at all whatsoever.  I'm sure once I figure out why it won't export, and then remedy that problem, I may figure out a way to use particles on weapons in MUA just like the devs did, ala the fire swords, etc.  *shrugs*  I'm just now starting to play with the Alchemy plug-in, so I have a long ways to go as far as learning what exactly I can and can't do with it.

Psylocke Version 1.1 at sendspace is not available to download anymore
can someone re upload it?
sorry for bump ><

You can still download v1.0 and patch v1.1 from Momoshare.

--------

Cool! Is that a name or a slogan on the katanna?

Hey guys, which menulocation is Luke Cage, because I want to swap Luke Cage, for Ms. Braddock.