City of Heroes: Freedom ( Closing down on November 30th 2012 )

Started by White Queen, September 27, 2011, 06:20AM

Previous topic - Next topic

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INFO ABOUT CITY OF HEROES:FREEDOM

City of Heroes: Freedom Is finally released. Now the game becomes free with this update and is available to everyone.

So Freedom is something like an expansion to the game itself. It makes the game available to everyone however there are still subscriber options which give you the ability to buy items availalbe to only subscribers. The game itself all the levels, zones and powers ect are free of course. However some items and new powers coming will be for subscirbers. Such as the Time Manipulation Powerset said to be coming it will not be availalbe to free to play players. So this update is simmliar to Champions Online: Free to Play update.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAME CLIENT

The link to the Client downloads the NCsoft Launcher trough which you can download City of Heroes.

DOWNLOAD THE CLIENT HERE: http://na.cityofheroes.com/en/my_account/download_game_client/download_city_of_heroes.php

REGISTER AN ACOUNT

REGISTER HERE: https://secure.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/playncCreate.pl

---NEWS---
( Taken from the Site )

Welcome to City of Heroes Freedom! Now open to all!

Welcome to new players and veterans alike!

After several months' wait since the official announcement, City of Heroes Freedom™ is now accessible to all!*
Free players can now join our Premium and VIP players on the live servers in order to experience the extensive content of our 7-year-old super powered MMO!

With the launch of City of Heroes Freedom, a host of content is indeed available and you may want to familiarize yourselves with our game before embarking on the adventure. Our brand new City of Heroes Freedom mini-site is now available with several guides aimed at the beginners amongst us, so don't hesitate to use and abuse this handy resource!

For more details on what content our Free, Premium and VIP players get access to, make sure you read our Player Choices page for a Side-by-Side Comparison!

But before you get started on your heroic or villainous career, here is the official City of Heroes Freedom video to send you off in style!

See you in-game!

PLAYER CHOICES INFO

Play for Free Players

As a new free City of Heroes Freedom player, you can:

-- Play as a Hero or Villain for up to Level 50.
-- Play in 45 different game zones.
-- Select from 8 character archetypes and 105 power sets.
-- Create costumes for up to 2 characters from billions of combinations.
-- Enjoy over 1,000 missions that will allow you to travel in time, visit alternate dimensions, and fight off alien invasions.
--    Buy anything you'd like from the in-game store.

Returning Players Become Premium Players

We honor your commitment and experience! If you used to play City of Heroes, you will automatically become a premium player. New free players can become premium players by buying any amount of Paragon Points.

-- Get everything that free players get.
-- Retain nearly everything you already purchased or unlocked, including Super Boosters, expansions, and directly purchased character slots.
-- Retain all the Veteran Rewards you earned.

VIP Players

We give VIP players the treatment you deserve. Subscribe as a VIP player and you get exclusive content and priority treatment. All current City of Heroes customers become VIP players when City of Heroes Freedom launches.

-- Receive everything that free players get, plus-
-- Play with all 12 Archetypes, and over 150 Power Sets.
-- Enjoy at least 12 character slots per server.
-- Receive 400 Paragon Points per month to use in the in-game store.
-- The City of Heroes Going Rogue expansion content, which includes:
-- Access to 4 zones within the alternate world of Praetoria.
-- Four Power Sets: Dual Pistols, Demon Summoning, Kinetic Melee and Electric Control.
-- The Going Rogue Alignment System, which will allow your character to rise to become a Hero or fall from grace to become a villain.
-- Full access to the Mission Architect system, which will allow you to create and publish your own missions with other players.
-- VIP-only benefits, including:
-- The Incarnate System, where you team up with up to 23 other Heroes and Villains in epic group encounters, and unlock new powers and rewards.
-- Experience new VIP content (including the City of Heroes Going Rogue™ expansion content and new monthly Signature Story Arcs) for free.
-- Enjoy one free character transfer per month, priority queuing, and VIP customer support.
-- Gain Exclusive access to Exalted, a new VIP-only server.

This topic is created for everyone who likes the game and wants to definetly try it. You can discuss everything related to this matter. Share ideas with your friends, plan a meeting in game and have fun. Please do not post rude coments. Thank you :-)

I am @Dihan on the Defiant server. My play time is sporadic now because of university, though.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

September 27, 2011, 08:39AM #2 Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 08:59AM by Polygone
Can't wait for this, already downloaded the client!

I honestly hope arcetypes like Nature and stuff are free :D

Can't wait to see you guys :D
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

My first character is going to be a mental one, based a little both on jean and emma

Im just gonna assume it takes like 10 mins from now?
Im not good at reading times in another country, mainly because I dont know which time region im in xD

But I assume the 19:00 represents Europe right? then it must take like 10 mins now :D

THE GAME IS RELEAED. IM going to play it now :D

Mine is still updating :o

Big chance when its done updating I need to go to bed xD

September 27, 2011, 10:17AM #7 Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 10:20AM by White Queen
When i try to register i fill all spots but the Creat Account button is still transaparent and doesnt work, it says fill all spots please but i have already done it

EDIT: Nvm xD

So Polygone what character are u planning to be ur first

Mm though choice, somewhere along the lines of Poison Ivy? If not I would love somewhere near a Ms marvel character (yellow energy, super strenght)

If all else fails I shall have a Emma frost based character (just try to show as much skin as possible, oh and wear a cape xD)

Could you tell me if the Nature archetype is free? My game is updating (35%!)

Yes it free, the upcoming Time Manipulation Archetype will be for VIP members.

I honestly dont care about time manipulation, since none of my characters need it (well I guess maybe emma, for a bit more added)

Good to know Nature is free :D (85% btw, im having the feeling im still playing it today :D)

So sorry for the double post

BUT SERIOUSLY?? Its done ''Detected damaged or corrupt game files, please run the repair option in the NCsoft launcher''
''NCsoft launcher ''site is temporaily not avaible at the moment''

Cruel faatteee :(

Dont worry i allow double posting up to 4 posts. I dont know why its saying that try deleting the game as well uninstalling it removing the files and reinstall it again :) maybe it will fix it

Im in love with the game, the psychic / psionic powers have awesome effects. My character is called Emma Summers has mental powers and her secondary powers are psionic powers which means she can shoot psionic bolts and stuff. And small telekinetic blasts. I love it, i will try the other power sets sometime