City of Heroes: Freedom ( Closing down on November 30th 2012 )

Started by White Queen, September 27, 2011, 06:20AM

Previous topic - Next topic
City of Heroes is an amazing game, Ive been playing since it started :D although White Queen you character's name is way to close to Marvel If they dont notice it, someone will most likely report you. I had Ororo Windrider for my Storm character and I had to change her name, they change it for you, but then you get to change it to something you like and they delete your costumes. Just a fare warning.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Cool I'm gonna make a Jean related character with powerful psychic abilites. Maybe later a Storm character since nature seems great.

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on September 27, 2011, 03:53PM
Cool I'm gonna make a Jean related character with powerful psychic abilites. Maybe later a Storm character since nature seems great.

Weather powers are so fun in the game!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on September 27, 2011, 03:53PM

You'll probably want to make a Mind/Fire Dominator then. Psychic/Psychic Blasters kind of suck. Then probably go for a Storm/Electric Corruptor.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

I might try to download this tomorrow. I seen the vids and pics on the main site, and it didn't look much better than Champions. But, cant judge a book by its cover... so I wont be too judgemental.

One question though? Do you get to choose everything for your character? (Look, colors, powers, power colors, etc.)

Appearance: Yes
Powers: Yes. There are Archetypes and powers for each Archetype. You choose a primary power and a secondary power.
Power colours: Yes.

You can also choose whether you want to be a hero, villain or something in between.

hmmm... Sounds nifty. I think the "In between hero/villain" thing got my attention. XD I'll be makin my Gredin character (if its possible... lol) I'll have it download tonite while I'm sleepin.

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on September 27, 2011, 02:41PM
City of Heroes is an amazing game, Ive been playing since it started :D although White Queen you character's name is way to close to Marvel If they dont notice it, someone will most likely report you. I had Ororo Windrider for my Storm character and I had to change her name, they change it for you, but then you get to change it to something you like and they delete your costumes. Just a fare warning.
Emma Summers is no where near close as Marvel Emma Frost, Emma is a name very popular and used alot, Summers is just my surname i use, besides my outfit is magenta and my powers.

Well.. I was gonna try this out today, but can't register at the moment -_- Oh well. Hopefully it'll be back up soon or later tonight...

What do you mean, the game is up im playing it with my villlian character who has lightning powers colored purple/magenta

https://secure.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/playncCreate.pl

1) Register Master Acount
2) Look in Email for activation code
3) Activate in the acount settings place
4) Link the Master Acount to COHF Link - https://na.cityofheroes.com/en/freedom/signup/index.php
5) Click the  "Link to an existing NCsoft Master account" after completing steps 1), 2) and 3)

Ok, well the link you gave on the first post to redister says the site is down for Maintanence... lol Thats why i said that.

Well im on :D

Still fummbling a bit with classes, Plant is kinda suckish as primary power etc. When I have a ready character (A characeter ill be using for a while, not 30 minutes xD) Ill give the name ;)
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Quote from: Polygone on September 28, 2011, 10:54AM
Well im on :D

Still fummbling a bit with classes, Plant is kinda suckish as primary power etc. When I have a ready character (A characeter ill be using for a while, not 30 minutes xD) Ill give the name ;)

Hahahaha. No.

Plant is amazing.

September 28, 2011, 11:21AM #29 Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 11:53AM by White Queen
Updated Link on the First Post
and i agree plant manipulation looks amazing, however most powers are traps and stunning powers not much offensive. However the spike/thorn powers look interesting. Mental powers are said to be the weakest and most powerful powers in the game at the same time which confuses me xD