sbarth13 mod releases (9-13-14; quasar, gamora, magik)

Started by sbarth13, May 28, 2012, 09:13PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: BobaFett on January 21, 2013, 05:36AM
Nick Fury's HUD is not appearing (the non-playable character, not the one in my HeroSelect) and his name, while on conversations, appears as "%NICKFURY%", not simply Nick Fury.
It happens when Fury is not selected in Heroselect / he's not appeared in the S.H.I.E.L.D Characters Selection Screen. You have to insert the Nick Fury character again through Heroselect.

For the other problems, I don't know how to fix it. At least I have one problem solved :D
Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

Thanks for your help, MUALover! So that means I must keep that one-eyed bastard in my roster? Oh well, beggars cannot be choosers.
The original Mar-Vell is the only Marvel that matters.

January 21, 2013, 07:18AM #47 Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 02:54PM by MUALover
Quote from: BobaFett on January 21, 2013, 06:50AM
Thanks for your help, MUALover! So that means I must keep that one-eyed bastard in my roster? Oh well, beggars cannot be choosers.

Your welcome :) and yes you must keep him in order to fix the bug.
I have this problem recently and when I place him in my current roster (the reason I place him in the roster is I want to try a Nanick Fury booster by Gevth :D), the conversation problem is fixed.

Is it working? I wonder if it is.

EDIT : Anyway, your mods are awesome, sbarth13! You really have done a great job! Keep it up! :thumbsup:
Phoenix Force :phoenix: and the Merc with a Mouth :deadpool:
ReverbNation Profile
My Releases
My Workbench

Quote from: BobaFett on January 21, 2013, 05:36AM
I am having some small issues with your mods: I have installed the Black Bolt, Guardian, Justice and Wonder Man mods (Official Characters Pack 1.2 previously installed, fresh instalation of the game with default settings) and Nick Fury's HUD is not appearing (the non-playable character, not the one in my HeroSelect) and his name, while on conversations, appears as "%NICKFURY%", not simply Nick Fury. Captain Marvel's left Nega Band is not shining anymore and two Wonder Men are appearing in the place of Captain America and Thor at the beggining of the game. Could you tell me how to fix?

can't answer the problem with nick fury. i've never had that happen. i can say that after i make a mod i reinstall the entire game and add my mod just to see that it works properly, and i haven't had any issues. As for the 2 wondermen at the beginning, i'm not exactly sure why that happens, other than the roster at the beginning of the game is set with cpt america, wolverine, thor, and spiderman. when you don't have those 4 in your roster, the game just fills in characters at random. sometimes it fills in 2 of the same character. why? don't know. but its only until you reach the save point. from then on you can choose whoever you want. btw, my mods should not affect your captain marvel, or nick fury for that matter.

@ BobaFett,

Let me see if I understand your original question about Nick Fury....  Are you saying that Nick Fury's HUD does not appear when you first meet him?

If so, Nick Fury is rarely in my roster and I don't have this HUD problem.  However, I edited a file a long time ago to avoid the problem.  If I remember correctly, I had to add Nick Fury's herostat to npcstat.engb.  Again, I'm not sure, but this could be an answer to your problem.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: fox456 on January 21, 2013, 05:32PM
@ BobaFett,

Let me see if I understand your original question about Nick Fury....  Are you saying that Nick Fury's HUD does not appear when you first meet him?

If so, Nick Fury is rarely in my roster and I don't have this HUD problem.  However, I edited a file a long time ago to avoid the problem.  If I remember correctly, I had to add Nick Fury's herostat to npcstat.engb.  Again, I'm not sure, but this could be an answer to your problem.
Thanks for your tip, fox456! I am going to try it out. By the way, I am having some very unusual bugs here: in Captain Marvel's Simulator Mission, Super-Skrull is replaced by a Doctor Doom NPC, and even after I defeat him, I am not able to complete the mission. Also, virtually every playable character that is not on my main roster suffers from the same problem that Nick Fury does. This is getting out of hand. I mean, at Stark Tower, for example, when I go talk to Elektra (who is not in my main roster) her HUD does not appear and her name is shown as "%ELEKTRA%". Guess I'll have to do what you told me to every character out of my current roster.

Quote from: BobaFett on January 22, 2013, 06:00AM
Thanks for your tip, fox456! I am going to try it out. By the way, I am having some very unusual bugs here: in Captain Marvel's Simulator Mission, Super-Skrull is replaced by a Doctor Doom NPC, and even after I defeat him, I am not able to complete the mission. Also, virtually every playable character that is not on my main roster suffers from the same problem that Nick Fury does. This is getting out of hand. I mean, at Stark Tower, for example, when I go talk to Elektra (who is not in my main roster) her HUD does not appear and her name is shown as "%ELEKTRA%". Guess I'll have to do what you told me to every character out of my current roster.

Boba, as frustrating as this may seem with the npc huds, it really doesn't affect gameplay at all. I think redoing your roster because of it may be a bit superflous.

"Stand Up for what is right, even if you stand alone."

Quote from: BobaFett on January 22, 2013, 06:00AM
Yeah Boba like RoMunroe said the Huds doesnt effect your game because that means that Elektra is not in you roster so her Hud will show as %Elektra% when you talk to her  so dont get frustrating about that. :storm:

Quote from: RoMunroe on January 22, 2013, 08:36AM
Boba, as frustrating as this may seem with the npc huds, it really doesn't affect gameplay at all. I think redoing your roster because of it may be a bit superflous.

I am not frustrated about the HUD. I am frustrated about the fact that I cannot complete Captain Marvel's simulator mission. After I defeat this Doctor Doom NPC (Yes, I know the villain in Captain Marvel's simulator mission should be Super-Skrull, but somehow the game changed it to Doctor Doom) the simulator mission will not finish. Basically, it is like there was no final boss in the mission at all, so I cannot complete it and thus aquire Genis-Vell's Skill Point. Now THAT is frustrating.

I'm thinking there may be another problem.  I rarely use Elektra either and her Hud still shows up for me even though she's not in my roster.  I don't believe that I ever added her to the npcstat.engb either.

Sounds like there may be something wrong in the game's attempt to find certain data. I've not had any of those problems but maybe something just didn't get installed right?
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

"A Million Points of Dark".

Sounds like it's an Xtreme name for Cloak to me. Yeah i know it's not released yet, just sayin'
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Quote from: Oddark123 on January 22, 2013, 03:52PM
Sounds like there may be something wrong in the game's attempt to find certain data. I've not had any of those problems but maybe something just didn't get installed right?

Well, those issues are part of the npcstat.engb file, right? If so, it might be because I installed the Realism Mod by Blaw. If anyone can confirm this is the problem, I'll just put the backup file back on.

Since you're trying different things to figure out the problem, I would revert back to what I had before the Realism Mod.  I haven't installed that mod so it's possible that is the problem.

Quote from: BobaFett on January 23, 2013, 05:12AM
Well, those issues are part of the npcstat.engb file, right? If so, it might be because I installed the Realism Mod by Blaw. If anyone can confirm this is the problem, I'll just put the backup file back on.
No that might not be the problem because i have installed it and it still works for me. :storm: