Random talk about Spider-Man

Started by xXScarletSpiderXx, September 05, 2012, 12:20PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Hyperman360 on September 06, 2012, 02:25PM
Yeah, I've always liked that Spider-Man, while he does work with others, is otherwise his own hero. Plus Alpha looks like an idiot. He doesn't seem smart enough to be a sidekick.
Glad to see someone else think that and not loving it just because Dan Slott came up with the idea (I'm not a Slott fan, not in the slightest.)

Actually, I've enjoyed most of Slott's run. This is the first really awful idea I've seen from him.

Quote from: Hyperman360 on September 06, 2012, 07:34PM
Actually, I've enjoyed most of Slott's run. This is the first really awful idea I've seen from him.
I'm more of a Bendis or Straczynski fan. Straczynski's run, up until the Stacy twins or road to Civil War arcs, was incredible. The character growth for Peter, M.J. , and Aunt May was stuff I'd wanted to see for a long time.... then OMD happened.

Quote from: anonymouspunk89 on September 07, 2012, 07:44AM
I'm more of a Bendis or Straczynski fan. Straczynski's run, up until the Stacy twins or road to Civil War arcs, was incredible. The character growth for Peter, M.J. , and Aunt May was stuff I'd wanted to see for a long time.... then OMD happened.

OMD had to happen. It's not as simple for Peter as it is for Tony to just swing around while everyone knows who he is since he puts people in danger. on the other hand OMD lead up to Big Time and Future Foundation. I love those story arcs. Fear itself was pretty cool too and call me a noob if you want but I still didn't read Dark Avengers yet. I'm currently downloading the cbrs to view in ComicRack. (in my country there are no Marvel or DC comic books. there is a Spectacular Spider-Man comic series that started in UK it's pretty cool and the art is fabulous but other than that I'm a complete sucker for Spider-Man's comic adventures. I know of all he's been through since Brand New Day thanks to Marvel Wikia -_-'')

I would press edit just for legal issues if you know what I mean, I won't keep doing it.

I know it's not available, but you do have to keep the forum's rules in mind.

Quote from: BLaw on September 07, 2012, 10:53AM
I would press edit just for legal issues if you know what I mean, I won't keep doing it.

I know it's not available, but you do have to keep the forum's rules in mind.

Yeah we all got off topic here. How about the new title? "Random talk about Spider-Man" ?

I didn't even notice the title loal xD

I just don't want this community to die (like everybody else here). That's all. Anywayz nothing more to see here people, move along (on topic!)

Peter & Miles working together. He could be his sidekick better than Alpha imo. I mean, if they wanna be multicultural, why not put THEM together.

Quote from: BLaw on September 07, 2012, 01:21PM
I didn't even notice the title loal xD

I just don't want this community to die (like everybody else here). That's all. Anywayz nothing more to see here people, move along (on topic!)

Peter & Miles working together. He could be his sidekick better than Alpha imo. I mean, if they wanna be multicultural, why not put THEM together.
That's probably why Spider-Men is such a good read, because it's Miles and Peter doing their Spider thing.

I mean for good lol. Instead of the Alpha dude.

Quote from: BLaw on September 07, 2012, 02:13PM
I mean for good lol. Instead of the Alpha dude.

Well we do have Pete and Miles work togheter in Spider-Men. Alltough it's kinda hard to figure out who's the sidekick. I mean this IS the Ultimate Universe, Miles' world but yet again Pete is more experienced than Miles sooo.... But hey atleast we got a glimpse of Peter and Miles duo.

Still... I'd rather not have a dead Peter in a universe where he was supposed to be the main character. Plus I hated how they made the series become exactly what I wanted to see happen to Peter just before killing him off.

Quote from: Hyperman360 on September 08, 2012, 08:37AM
Still... I'd rather not have a dead Peter in a universe where he was supposed to be the main character. Plus I hated how they made the series become exactly what I wanted to see happen to Peter just before killing him off.
I know right? He finally got back with MJ, SHIELD was training him, and he got his job back at the Daily Bugle. It's like they were trying to throw us off of whether or not he would actually die "Oh he can't die, look at this. We just put his life back together, he won't die."
Dammit Marvel! lol
But still Miles is cool, I think it would be awesome if they introduced Miles in the normal universe and they do the sidekick thing like that (that one I wouldn't have a problem with at all)

now they are replacing peter parker with some other guy as spider man in "Superior Spider-Man".What has marvel come to?

No I think it's still Peter, but they made the costume seem a little too "Halloween". But they're messing up Spidey again. And just after I started to get over One More Day/Brand New Day...

Quote from: Hyperman360 on October 12, 2012, 07:26PM
No I think it's still Peter, but they made the costume seem a little too "Halloween". But they're messing up Spidey again. And just after I started to get over One More Day/Brand New Day...
I don't know, Slott himself has implied that this is a new Spider-Man. This whole idea is kinda silly, a darker and less friendly Spidey ( I though that's why we had Scarlet Spider? Which is hardcore awesome).
Upside is that MJ and Peter are getting back together and the costume looks cool, but the edgier Spidey seems ridiculous.