The Outsider's Crypt (contains 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic

My next mod project is a secret mod, so I can't say who it is, but it's one of the Marvel characters I've mentioned in a poll I released a while back -- "a forgotten hero from the 80's..." Stay tuned.

Also, if there is anyone who has tried my 28 Roster Limit Hack (http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8753.msg188049.html#msg188049) and has found any issues that I didn't mention, let me know. As for those who haven't tried it because it wasn't tested with Heroselect -- well, I'm unfamiliar with the Heroselect system, and I don't know who created it. The numbers were changed with the 28 Roster Limit Hack, so I don't know if Heroselect will still use the old numbers. I'll see if it can adapt to the new numbers. If it can, then yes it is possible. I use the XLMBCUI method to alter my herostats, as I find it easier anyway. 28 heroes is always better than 27 heroes.

Quote from: andersonbrazil on January 25, 2018, 05:50AM
Another great release, Outsider! I really enjoyed the mod Baraka. Very fun and very characteristic, to MK style. Congratulations on the wonderful work!
Quote from: Erik Lensherr on January 25, 2018, 07:26AM
Mortal Kombat getting bigger and bigger, great job ;)
Quote from: Aventureiromax on January 25, 2018, 07:34AM
:applause: :thumbsup2: :rockon:

Good to hear that you all dig Baraka. I already know who the next MK character mod will be, but for now, that secret mod from Marvel is next.

Hey Outsider, one thing that I noticed is that Uatu is replaced by Wyatt Wingfoot on Attilan.  The only other issue I've noticed is that when I assign an item to the last character in the herostat, it doesn't stay assigned after leaving an area.  Other than that, having 28 characters is awesome!

Quote from: Travis von Doom on January 27, 2018, 07:48AM
Hey Outsider, one thing that I noticed is that Uatu is replaced by Wyatt Wingfoot on Attilan.  The only other issue I've noticed is that when I assign an item to the last character in the herostat, it doesn't stay assigned after leaving an area.  Other than that, having 28 characters is awesome!

Uatu was replaced? That's not good. The "assigning item" thing is tolerable, I think, but I'll look into that. So there were no issues at Valhalla? Do me a favor and keep on playing until the end of the game. Note any other issues that you may see. I think the main issues only affect HUB areas. If only there was a shortcut to Attilan without playing through the whole game... (Currently, I'm trying to see if I can alter Heroselect to this limit hack.)

Yeah, the Uatu thing was the only replacement I noticed last time I played all the way through--no problems that I can recall in Valhalla.

Quote from: Outsider on January 27, 2018, 09:01AM
If only there was a shortcut to Attilan without playing through the whole game...
I think it's possible to alter the game's starting level through script editing, though I'm not familiarized with that...
Click here for my releases.
And here for my workbench.

Ok everyone, so after hearing Travis von Doom's report, I'm been working on fixing the 28 Roster Limit Hack. Back when I was testing to see if 29 heroes was possible, turns out it wasn;t, as the Vision NPC turned into the first hero on your herostat. So I kept it 28 heroes. However, I'm beginning to think that because I added extra spots on the character select (to provide a solution for the annoying "Mannequin-23" problem, maybe that's why Uatu s being replaced with Wyatt -- at least I hope that's the reason. I hope I can fix it, as I really don't like the idea of NPCs being replaced. I'm thinking of just getting rid of menulocation #23, as it's only good for the Thing's huge mannequin. Everyone else would get turned to the side. In addition, I'm also trying the heroselect system (for the first time, mind you) to see if it is compatible with the Hack.

Quote from: jaybird on January 27, 2018, 07:54PM
What if you use a savefile.

I don't think that would work. Usually when a saved file is on, it keeps the herostat of that game and not an altered one. This is why we always say to start a new game after making changes.

Quote from: Maegawa on January 27, 2018, 09:17AM
I think it's possible to alter the game's starting level through script editing, though I'm not familiarized with that...
Quote from: BaconWizard17 on January 27, 2018, 10:45PM
I think you can do it through one of the scripts. It’s called newgame.py or something like that.

OK, I'll look into that.

Found it. Marvel Ultimate Alliance > scripts > menus > new_game.py
There's a bit of code that goes like this:

startMovie("cine01","waitSignal")
waitsignal("waitSignal")
loadMapStartGame()

Put any map name in the parentheses. For example,

startMovie("cine01","waitSignal")
waitsignal("waitSignal")
loadMapStartGame("act4/attilan/attilan1")

You need the quotation marks around the map name.

^ Didn't work. Instead, it just replays the intro movie over and over again in an endless loop. No matter what I press to exit it, it plays again. I let it play, it plays again.

Quote from: Outsider on January 29, 2018, 02:50PM
^ Didn't work. Instead, it just replays the intro movie over and over again in an endless loop. No matter what I press to exit it, it plays again. I let it play, it plays again.

I think I know the problem. I noticed this, but I didn't think it was a big deal. So I took that code from the X-Men Legends conversion. The first line of it is slightly different. I don't remember what it is and I don't have my computer right now, so I can't check. You may have to download it and look.

I just remembered that Maegawa did a Quick Play Mod a while back that gets rid of the cutscenes, among other things. That, combined with the script might do the trick.

Quote from: Outsider on January 29, 2018, 05:19PM
I just remembered that Maegawa did a Quick Play Mod a while back that gets rid of the cutscenes, among other things. That, combined with the script might do the trick.

Possibly