The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi Outsider, i have a problem with john blaze, the power that show up only one, it's the first power. And when i play it with Ghost Rider, the Blaze power won't come out, not even one.

Please Help me...

Quote from: Just HAZ on September 11, 2018, 07:21AM
Hi Outsider, i have a problem with john blaze, the power that show up only one, it's the first power. And when i play it with Ghost Rider, the Blaze power won't come out, not even one.

Please Help me...

OK, I'm gonna need more details. First, did you start a new game? Second, you're saying none of his powers show up except for the very first one? That's odd -- I checked both John Blaze's talents and powerstyle files, and there's no clash with Ghost Rider.

Show me the herostats you have for both Ghost Rider and John Blaze. Just display them here so I can look at them.

Everyone, if you're curious about the Valkyrie poll, view my discussion of it here: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8753.msg192145.html#msg192145.  And, don't forget the many updates that were done.

Quote from: Outsider on September 11, 2018, 11:40AM
OK, I'm gonna need more details. First, did you start a new game? Second, you're saying none of his powers show up except for the very first one? That's odd -- I checked both John Blaze's talents and powerstyle files, and there's no clash with Ghost Rider.

Show me the herostats you have for both Ghost Rider and John Blaze. Just display them here so I can look at them.

I do start a new game. And yes none of his power show up except the very first one.
here's the preview

and when i play blaze along with ghost rider , the first power of blaze won't be played, just regular melee move that show up.
And here's the herostat:

ghostrider
   stats {
   autospend = bruiser_light ;
   body = 7 ;
   characteranims = 06_ghostrider ;
   charactername = Ghost Rider ;
   level = 1 ;
   menulocation = 3 ;
   mind = 8 ;
   name = GhostRider ;
   playable = true ;
   powerstyle = ps_ghostrider ;
   scriptlevel = 3 ;
   skin = 0601 ;
   skin_01_name = Classic ;
   skin_02 = 02 ;
   skin_02_name = Original ;
   skin_03 = 03 ;
   skin_03_name = Vengeance ;
   skin_04 = 04 ;
   skin_04_name = Daniel Ketch ;
   skin_05 = 05 ;
   skin_05_name = ???? ;
   skin_06 = 06 ;
   skin_06_name = ???? ;
   sounddir = ghost_m ;
   strength = 6 ;
   team = hero ;
   textureicon = 4 ;
      talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = ghost_p1 ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = block ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = might ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = melee_moves ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = ghost_resist ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = fightstyle_for_ghostrider ;
      }

StatEffect {
      bolt = Bip01 Head ;
      effect = char/ghostr/special_burninghead ;
      fxlevel = 1 ;
      menuonly = true ;
      skin = 01 ;
      zoneonly = true ;
      }

StatEffect {
      bolt = Bip01 Head ;
      fxlevel = 1 ;
      menuonly = true ;
      skin = 02 ;
      zoneonly = true ;
      }

StatEffect {
      bolt = Bip01 Head ;
      fxlevel = 1 ;
      menuonly = true ;
      skin = 03 ;
      zoneonly = true ;
      }

StatEffect {
      bolt = Bip01 Head ;
      effect = char/ghostr/special_burningheadblue ;
      fxlevel = 1 ;
      menuonly = true ;
      skin = 04 ;
      zoneonly = true ;
      }

StatEffect {
      bolt = Bip01 Head ;
      fxlevel = 1 ;
      menuonly = true ;
      skin = 05 ;
      zoneonly = true ;
      }

StatEffect {
      bolt = Bip01 Head ;
      fxlevel = 1 ;
      menuonly = true ;
      skin = 06 ;
      zoneonly = true ;
      }

}

blaze
   stats {
   autospend = support ;
   body = 5 ;
   characteranims = 20_blaze ;
   charactername = John Blaze ;
   level = 1 ;
   menulocation = XXXX ;
   mind = 11 ;
   name = Blaze ;
   playable = true ;
   powerstyle = ps_blaze ;
   scriptlevel = 3 ;
   skin = 2010 ;
   skin_01_name = Midnight Sons ;
   sounddir = blaze_m ;
   strength = 5 ;
   team = hero ;
   textureicon = 4 ;
      BoltOn {
      bolt = Bip01 R Hand ;
      model = models/weapons/shotgun ;
      slot = ebolton_clawright ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = blaze_p1 ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = blaze_resist ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = block ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = fightstyle_default ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = melee_moves ;
      }

}

Thank you very much for the responses.. i will wait the fix, i really love your mods. By the way, your secret mods is AWESOMEEEE. Thanks a lot

Quote from: Just HAZ on September 11, 2018, 05:59PM
I do start a new game. And yes none of his power show up except the very first one.

and when i play blaze along with ghost rider , the first power of blaze won't be played, just regular melee move that show up.
And here's the herostat:

OK, I found the problem -- when I released John Blaze, I accidently placed his data files in the "data" folder instead of its sub-folders.  So, here's what to do: Look in your data folder. You should see three files that should not be there...

blaze.engb = Place that in the talents folder.
ents_blaze.xmlb = Place that in the entities folder.
ps_blaze.engb = Place that in the powerstyles folder.

That should solve the problem. Everyone, please follow those instructions so that John Blaze is functioning properly. My apologies for that. I will update Blaze's mod so that they are in the correct places.

EDIT: He has just been updated, so you all can just overwrite the previous Blaze, and then just delete those three files from your game's data folder. Again, my fault.

Everyone, hope you've been taking advantages of the updates that have been made. I have updated three more of my mods: Fujin, Spawn and Spiral. In Spiral's case, I've added skins strictly for her Metamorphosis power so that they won't get traded for other skins and the move comes out the right way. Download those three.

As you know, I am currently on Mortal Kombat, but I am thinking about some characters when I return to Marvel, such as Yondu. And, I see that as of this writing, over 90% of you feel that Valkyrie (Scrapper-142) deserves her own mod and that she's not Brunnhilde. I'll continue to look at the results before the 7-day poll ends.

Outsider, I just want to say thank you for constantly being so diligent and caring in your mods and how us fellow users on the forum enjoy them :) it would be so easy for you to just leave a mod alone once it's released, but instead you want to make sure it works and listen whenever someone has a question or needs help. Those kinds of qualities are befitting of the same virtuous Marvel characters you often make mods for!

Quote from: TheMK on September 14, 2018, 03:29AM
Outsider, I just want to say thank you for constantly being so diligent and caring in your mods and how us fellow users on the forum enjoy them :) it would be so easy for you to just leave a mod alone once it's released, but instead you want to make sure it works and listen whenever someone has a question or needs help. Those kinds of qualities are befitting of the same virtuous Marvel characters you often make mods for!

I appreciate that. A lot of people tell me that they enjoy my work, and I enjoy making them... as hard as it is sometimes. In anything that you do, take pride in it. As for helping others, this forum has several members who will help, as we all know what it's like when something isn't working right, or something's missing, etc. It's what we do.

Quote from: Outsider on January 06, 2015, 08:19PM
GHOST RIDER (booster)

This is now a definite booster for :ghostr: Ghost Rider -- I have combined everything into one package for the ultimate experience. And of my own creation (besides the blue flame Hellcycle effect you see in the pic below), I've altered Ghost Rider's voice from UMvC3 and made it darker and more like he should sound!  Check it out. Now, if only we could do jumps or wheelies with the motorcycle....

FEATURES:
-Added everything from iammingy's Ghost Rider upgrades 1.2, then updated them.
-Added everything from UltimateVenom's Daniel Ketch file, then hex-edited the skin.
-New herostat, entities/powerstyle/talents files that successfully add blue flame effects to Ghost Rider's Hellcycle.
-Added 3 loading screens.
-Fixed the requirements of "Hellfire Breath" and "Hell's Embrace."
-Hellcycle now activated by holding block and press jump. He can now double jump again.
-Hellcycle and Grab Smash damage are now upgradeable.
-New voice that is more fitting for Ghost Rider. (His MUA voice is now being used by John Blaze.)
-His Xtreme is now called "Soul Stealer" for the reason above.
-Can now taunt. What he says depends on where he's located.

SPECIAL TAUNTS:
Hellicarrier = "This is only the beginning..."
Omega Base = "Now find out why they call me the Spirit of Vengeance."
Atlantis = "If you value your life... leave."
Valley of Spirits = "Leave the fighting to the experts, fool."
Murderworld = "Not so amusing now, is it?"
Mephisto's Realm = "Make deals with the devil... sometimes, you end up with them."
Bifrost Bridge = "Mephisto can't contain me. What chance have you got?"
Asgard = "Forget Ragnarok... I am your destruction."
Niffleheim = "If you won't handle Loki, I will."
Shi'ar Starship: "The darkness in your soul disgusts me."
Skrull Planet: "I will feast on your soul."
Castle Doom: "Even gods must answer for their sins."

NOTE:
This mini-booster has Danny Ketch as skin #4 (0604) replacing Caretaker. If you wish to change this, you must alter the herostat and powerstyles file.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Coding fixes, blue flame bike effect, loading screens, new sounds & voice, hex-editing, taunt script, etc.
Iammingy - Ghost Rider upgrades 1.2, including Hellcycle model
UltimateVenom - Daniel Ketch skin & HUD, blue fire textures, blue flame head effect

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?9x65h2917mv6vm6

Having a bit of problems with your ghost rider booster. It was working fine till I got to Mephisto's realm to save ghost rider. Once I freed him and moved on to the next stage he was stuck in walk mode and teleported a bit. Then when I went to change him out to another character the loading screen would get stuck. I tried starting a new game but now I have an infinite loading screen bug whenever I even try to lay a finger on him. As in choosing him or even trying to look at his stats.

Quote from: JohnConquest12 on September 14, 2018, 09:31PM
Having a bit of problems with your ghost rider booster. It was working fine till I got to Mephisto's realm to save ghost rider. Once I freed him and moved on to the next stage he was stuck in walk mode and teleported a bit. Then when I went to change him out to another character the loading screen would get stuck. I tried starting a new game but now I have an infinite loading screen bug whenever I even try to lay a finger on him. As in choosing him or even trying to look at his stats.

Ran some tests. My experiences were a bit different than yours but similar result.

TEST 1: Playing as Ghost Rider and 3 others. He sacrificed himself to free himself. Next stage -- he wasn't in walk mode or teleporting, he played as normal. Accessed the SHIELD point, went back to game. All of a sudden he couldn't activate his Hellcycle. After playing through the stage a little, I went back and accessed the SHIELD point again, and... infinite loading screen. I couldn't even use my computer anymore and had to restart.

TEST 2: Playing as John Blaze and the same 3 others. Blaze sacrifices to free Ghost Rider. Next stage -- Rider played as normal, Hellcycle and all. Accessed SHIELD point, went back to game. Now tried to activate his Hellcycle and... game froze infinitely stuck on screen.

I honestly don't know how this happened as I didn't change the stage or anything like that, but this is a major problem. So far, it looks like when the SHIELD point is accessed after freeing Ghost Rider, the glitch happens. Damn, I hate when s*** like this happens. My apologies everyone for this unforeseen outcome. I'll try to figure out a way to fix this. In the meantime, the booster will be locked down from future downloads.

Quote from: Outsider on September 10, 2018, 06:24PM
Everyone, I'm focused on Mortal Kombat right now, but I have been thinking about a character that may or may not get a mod in the future.

For those of you who have seen Thor: Ragnarok, I ask a question: Should Tessa Thompson's Valkyrie (Scrapper-142) gain her own mod? Or should her outfits only be alternate costumes for my Valkyrie (Brunnhilde) mod?

I guess that all depends on whether you believe that Scrapper-142 is Brunnhilde or not. I say while she is undoubtedly a Valkyrie, she isn't Brunnhilde. And that has nothing to do with race (bear in mind that I am black). In the movie, there was a scene of the Valkyries vs. Hela, and ...well, you saw what happened. (Don't click the following link if you didn't see the movie.)
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/cinemorgue/images/1/18/Samantha_Hopper.jpg

While I can't say that I completely enjoyed the movie, I did like Tessa's performance as Valkyrie. She seemed so much different than Brunnhilde. She's a heavy drinker, a bad-ass, and uses a lot of tech and guns.

Her version of Valkyrie was also introduced in the Marvel Comics universe in their Exiles comic while Brunnhilde is now with the new Asgardians Of The Galaxy. I say she's strong enough to be her own character.

But is it racist for her to have her own mod from Brunnhilde? It may be if she is Brunnhilde, but we don't know if she is. It didn't say she was in the movie credits. We have more than one Nick Fury mod. We have more than one Thor mod ...somewhere. Should there be more than one Valkyrie mod?

IMHO, It might look like a booster, right? For existing Valkyrie mod (#146 number). Julio Cabral almost created awesome MCU boosters! I will be happy to play with Scrapper-142 and Thor!!!
Unfortunately, there is no "Thor: Ragnarok" Korg's skin.... :(
"There was an idea. To bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to to fight the battles we never could."

Quote from: Outsider on September 14, 2018, 11:03PM
Ran some tests. My experiences were a bit different than yours but similar result.

TEST 1: Playing as Ghost Rider and 3 others. He sacrificed himself to free himself. Next stage -- he wasn't in walk mode or teleporting, he played as normal. Accessed the SHIELD point, went back to game. All of a sudden he couldn't activate his Hellcycle. After playing through the stage a little, I went back and accessed the SHIELD point again, and... infinite loading screen. I couldn't even use my computer anymore and had to restart.

TEST 2: Playing as John Blaze and the same 3 others. Blaze sacrifices to free Ghost Rider. Next stage -- Rider played as normal, Hellcycle and all. Accessed SHIELD point, went back to game. Now tried to activate his Hellcycle and... game froze infinitely stuck on screen.

I honestly don't know how this happened as I didn't change the stage or anything like that, but this is a major problem. So far, it looks like when the SHIELD point is accessed after freeing Ghost Rider, the glitch happens. Damn, I hate when s*** like this happens. My apologies everyone for this unforeseen outcome. I'll try to figure out a way to fix this. In the meantime, the booster will be locked down from future downloads.

Take your time to fix it man, no worries. Just glad we pointed out this game breaking glitch so others won't have to experience it. I'm just glad I kept back up files in case something like this happened.

EMERGENCY:
There is a major glitch found when in the Sepulcher stage of Mephisto's Realm (the stage where you fight Blackheart). Some heroes freeze when teleporting, others can't run - only walk. And worse, the game itself will freeze, usually in a loading screen, if the game loads while you're there. (Ex. If you access the team menu, go to the next stage or previous stage, etc.) It's a game-breaking glitch.

I do not know if my Ghost Rider booster is the cause of it or if it's something else. So, I ask you all to check that zone. You can get there easy if you have all extraction points unlocked. Whether you have GEC, 33R, or anything else, check. Whether you have my Ghost Rider booster or not, check. When you do, please report your findings.

This will help us to figure out what exactly is causing the Sepulcher Glitch. Once we know the cause of the problem, we can find the solution. I thank everyone in advance who is willing to assist.

By chance were you playing with 4 characters?  I've seen freezing, slow movement, and crashing in various parts of the game when using combinations of 4 modded characters, and it seems to have nothing to do with which ones they are.  This condition would probably be worse in the Sepulcher stage, as there are LOTS of enemies to contribute to consuming memory which is already presumably limited by the game's code.