The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 27, 2013, 04:32PM #60 Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 11:48PM by Outsider
SELENE

For my 250th post, I've made a mod of Selene Gallio, the Black Queen. It was originally a booster, but I thought to myself, "why just fix her, when you can upgrade her?" Now she's a full mod with some new powers and abilities that make her one of the most dangerous women in the Marvel Universe... or any universe. Give her a shot - you know you want to...

UPDATE: Now a full mod!

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-Abilities of Invisibility (10 sec), Dominance (taunt) Leadership.
-5 hex-edited skins, 4 HUDs, icons, 4 loading screens, mannequin, and sound/voice file.
-Uses assigned number #153.

MOVESET:
Mental Bolt: Fires a small telekinetic ball at her pathetic enemies. Also strengthens grab smash.
Telekinesis: Levitates enemies and objects with ease.
Pyrokinesis: The Black Queen uses her mind to attack her foes with fire.
Deadly Drain: Releases mystical fire causing damaga while stealing health to maintain her attractive youthful appearance.
Demonic Spell: Uses telepathy and black magic to control an enemy, turning him into a horrid demon for a time.
(Boost) Blessing & Curse: Makes all party members resistant to melee damage, but more vulnerable to other types of attacks.
(Boost) Wrath of The Goddess: Absorbs the souls of the dead to become a blue-skinned goddess.
(Xtreme) Eternal Darkness: Unleashes an explosion of black magic, banking that she can revitalize from her enemies' deaths.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod recreation & coding, new loading screens, new sounds, effect fixes etc.
midnightphoenix123 - Stuff from original Selene mod
Aventureiromax - All skins & blue variants (except Bodysuit)
Quentin Hex - Bodysuit skin & blue variant

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?wbz75jl4xv9gya2

Nice!! Downloading now!!

Edit: Could you please tell me what you think about the 2 new Marti's skins I did?

Quote from: Owl City on June 27, 2013, 04:42PM
Edit: Could you please tell me what you think about the 2 new Marti's skins I did?

You did your thing, O.C. No complaints from here. So far, I've seen (for Marti) Sisterhood, Alternate, and her debut commando tights. I'm guessing you're doing a movie version and a white alternate of sisterhood. That's five for each, and that's a big help. Now that Selene's done, I can focus solely on the sisters.

Quote from: corvetterules on June 27, 2013, 09:41AM
I have a question (nice mod btw! been waiting for a while for a Blackheart). Where am I supposed to put the IGB files? (MVC2 Gray, MVC2 Purple etc.)

Those igb files are extra skins for Blackheart should you decide you want to exchange the ones already in there for those. They go in the "actors" folder. But you have to rename them to the skin number you want to exchange, and you'll have to hex edit them so they work during his "Grim Reaper" boost. If you're unsure how to hex edit, go to the Knowledge Base section. They got everything you need to know, and it's not as hard as it may sound.

I have noticed one more bug. The punching animation for Blackheart is missing. Yes, I have added the actors files where they are meant to be added. What am I doing wrong? Is it because one of the files has the extension IGB instead of igb? The lack of fight styles file? Please reply!
All units, we have a high priority situation in data/powerstyles.

Quote from: corvetterules on June 28, 2013, 04:50AM
I have noticed one more bug. The punching animation for Blackheart is missing. Yes, I have added the actors files where they are meant to be added. What am I doing wrong? Is it because one of the files has the extension IGB instead of igb? The lack of fight styles file? Please reply!

Punching animation missing?!? Strange. Ok, I'll help you out but I'll need to know what your situation is. I have a couple of statements and a couple of questions:
A. IGB files aren't case sensitive. They'll work whether it's ".igb" or ".IGB"
B. Blackheart uses the default fightstyle (most characters use this), as you will notice in his herostat. He also uses a "138_blackhart_4_combat.igb." That's where his attack and power animations come from. You'll see that in the actors folder.
Questions:
1. You said you put the extra skins into the actors folder. Did you replace any of the six skins or just wanted to know where they go?
2. You said his punching animation is missing, which is a basic function. So you're saying he can't attack at all? Does any of his powers or his grab smash work?
3. Did you do any editing of any kind to the powerstyle/talent files, or packages?

Because I haven't heard anyone else report this problem, it's unique with your situation. So one solution I have is to re-download him, don't make any changes (not even the extra skins), and see if it works. I would also suggest creating a separate folder for extra skins, yet-to-upload mods, etc that aren't needed but nice to have, so it won't interfere with the core game. Meanwhile, I will check his compressed folder and see if I may have misplaced one of the files. And maybe after I get some insight on what your situation is, I can further investigate.

I can not wait to use your Selene booster once I get around to play MUA again haha. She was in need of some fixing, and just reading about what you did she sounds perfect!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

The Selene fixup is pretty awesome. I feel like Outsiders mixing and matching here really helped it come together. Now we have a solid boost to an already fun mod. Good work all around.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

Actually, I haven't even touched the MVC2 files. I simply put the files where they belong, added the herostat and that's all. I changed nothing. He does do damage, but it's the animations that are missing. As for the smash attack, haven't tried yet, but I'm pretty sure that would be animation-less (if that's even a word) either.

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on June 28, 2013, 07:13AM
I can not wait to use your Selene booster once I get around to play MUA again haha. She was in need of some fixing, and just reading about what you did she sounds perfect!
Quote from: Oddark123 on June 28, 2013, 12:43PM
The Selene fixup is pretty awesome. I feel like Outsiders mixing and matching here really helped it come together. Now we have a solid boost to an already fun mod. Good work all around.

Thanks, fellas. Selene did take longer than expected, but I think I did her justice. I'm glad of the end result.

Quote from: corvetterules on June 29, 2013, 02:54AM
Actually, I haven't even touched the MVC2 files. I simply put the files where they belong, added the herostat and that's all. I changed nothing. He does do damage, but it's the animations that are missing. As for the smash attack, haven't tried yet, but I'm pretty sure that would be animation-less (if that's even a word) either.

Hmm... I can't say I have a solution, as I'm baffled. I checked his compressed folder and nothing was missing or misplaced. I ran some tests with him (by himself and within a team, various stages), and they all checked out positive. I'll ask if anyone else has had this no-animation problem with him over at the lab, although you're the first to mention this. Maybe they might have a solution.

Also, maybe this will make a difference, but Blackheart used the animations of Dihan's Shadow King mod (which was then renamed "138_blackhart_4_combat.igb"), and the animations were difficult to convert. Shadow King had all of his animations intact, but when you copy it to someone else, some of Shadow King's animations were gone such as his Flame Breath, so I had to improvise. Still, I got him to work, but maybe it doesn't work on certain computers/controllers, or unless Shadow King is also downloaded ... I don't know, just brainstorming.

You could possibly download Shadow King if you don't have him yet (you don't have to play as him), and see if that changes anything to Blackheart. It shouldn't (and isn't supposed to) make a difference but if it does, let me know at the lab, for that means it's a hex issue and that Blackheart's animations are still somehow connected to Shadow King. If that's the case, I will try to fix that in a future update. Meanwhile, I'll ask anyone there if they too have had this problem.

Hmm... this has to work. I downloaded Jean Grey and she had the same problem, until I downloaded Dark Phoenix and then she worked fine. Thanks for the comment!

Sorry, rushed with that last comment. It didn't work! I even put Shadow King in the roster! I even made a copy of the _4_combat file of Shadow King and re-named it as 138_blackhart_4_combat! Neither the punching animation, nor the powers animation work!

Quote from: corvetterules on June 30, 2013, 04:06AM
Sorry, rushed with that last comment. It didn't work! I even put Shadow King in the roster! I even made a copy of the _4_combat file of Shadow King and re-named it as 138_blackhart_4_combat! Neither the punching animation, nor the powers animation work!

Ok, don't worry. I'm not one of those guys that just says "Oh well... sorry I can't help you." I don't like to leave a problem unsolved - unless I legitimately have no more ideas. Since I think it's a "4_combat" issue, I will take some time and find an alternate character's animations for you to copy and rename as "138_blackhart_4_combat" while I'm working on Lady Mastermind. Blackheart is still in my roster, so I can test him out with someone's else animations. (When you try them out, start a new game just in case.) I'll get back to you.

EDIT: So I've tried Dr. Doom and Magneto for alternate animations, but that didn't change anything. His fighting remained the same. Turns out - that's not the problem either. Now I'm very confused. Check the herostat file that came in the package and see if it says "fightstyle_default." It should say that. If it doesn't then that's the problem. Then compare it to the herostat you put in the game's "herostat.engb." Look for any errors - even little ones like no ";" somewhere in Blackheart's entry. Even small glitches can mess up the game. There must be a mistake somewhere as nobody else is having this problem. If there's no difference or error, the only other solution I can think of is to re-download Blackheart and try again. I'm starting to run out of ideas but keep informing me of the results.

Quote from: corvetterules on June 30, 2013, 04:06AM

Do you have the official characters pack? What version are you using

Quote from: heymanjack on June 30, 2013, 01:05PM
Do you have the official characters pack? What version are you using

This would be my first question aswell, missing animations are mostly caused by someone not having the OFC, there's also a new version realesed, so make sure to dl that one

Also, you might want to re-install Blackheart, it could be that you missed the actor folder while installing him
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

A NEW VERSION OF THE OC PACK? Holy, didn't know about it. I have the 1.2 version. Guess it requires the most recent version, eh? Lemme try. Oh, and to respond to Outsider, it does say fightstyle_default. I THINK the out-dated OC pack is what's wrong with my Blackheart.