The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
 hello,can you make attuma mod?
better to die on feet than to live on knees

Quote from: Outsider on January 25, 2014, 10:12PM
I appreciate that, MP. I'm actually quite surprised by the number of mods and boosters within the year. (On January 28th, it will officially be a year since I registered here.)

You have definitely done a-lot of incredible work, and in very little time! I hope you keep it and keep releasing all these amazing mods!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Love the new Strider effect with Black Knight, it looks great!!

Happy 1st Anniversary, Outsider!

You've accomplished and contributed so much during your first year with the forum.  Hope it's the start of many great things to come!
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

That is much appreciated, Fox. I have to thank those who made all of those informative tutorials, those who gave me the green light to use their material, and those who made skins/ models for my mods & boosters.

Quote from: Outsider on January 27, 2013, 10:43PM
This is the Outsider. I am rather impressed by the modding work I've seen by the members here, and I thank them for such. I probably won't be online too often, and I can't mod myself, but "Marvel: Ultimate Alliance" is a favorite game of mine on the consoles. So playing as all of these true-to-Marvel creations on the PC version is a dream. Though the game is old now, I ask that you keep up the great work.

That was my "say hello" post. "I probably won't be online too often, and I can't mod myself..." Ha! 21 mods, 10 boosters, and nearly 300 loading screens later, looking at this post is hilarious in hindsight. And yes, there will be plenty more coming. Many more secrets remain out in the Crypt...

It's funny, I thought the same when I joined years back but I gave it a try and went for it.

With that said, keep up the good work, going strong!

installed the wolverine booster and he doesn't have defense for his 4th outfit. other than that love the booster, ty.

Quote from: mike_89x on February 09, 2014, 03:10PM
installed the wolverine booster and he doesn't have defense for his 4th outfit. other than that love the booster, ty.

Thanks for reporting - didn't notice that. Will fix, as well as add some stuff for Logan.

Hiya Outsider,

I've been doing some more playtesting with the Black Knight and I've noticed a couple of things:

-Shield of Night states in its desription that it reflects a whopping 500% damage on the first level, 750% when maxed out. In other words: returning 5 times the damage of a blow. That sounds like quite a lot (maybe even too much?), however when I'm trying the power it seems to do much less than that to the point that it's underpowered. Enemies hardly get any damage returned to them at all, Dane still seems to receive the full brunt of attacks despite catching them with his shield.
May just be a matter of scaling where the power description gives an erronous total (perhaps it's really 5% to 7.5%?), or maybe something in the powerstat? I'm not sure where the 'reflect_damage' attribute is further defined.

-Death Threat should have 10% chance of an instant kill at its lowest level, 20% at its highest level, yet I'm experiencing a 100% chance every time I'm using the skill. Again, I fail to see what's going wrong there myself.

Any ideas? Hope you can finetune this mod and make it even cooler than it already is!

Quote from: Hobgoblin on February 13, 2014, 09:00AM
Hiya Outsider,

I've been doing some more playtesting with the Black Knight and I've noticed a couple of things:

-Shield of Night states in its desription that it reflects a whopping 500% damage on the first level, 750% when maxed out. In other words: returning 5 times the damage of a blow. That sounds like quite a lot (maybe even too much?), however when I'm trying the power it seems to do much less than that to the point that it's underpowered. Enemies hardly get any damage returned to them at all, Dane still seems to receive the full brunt of attacks despite catching them with his shield.
May just be a matter of scaling where the power description gives an erronous total (perhaps it's really 5% to 7.5%?), or maybe something in the powerstat? I'm not sure where the 'reflect_damage' attribute is further defined.

-Death Threat should have 10% chance of an instant kill at its lowest level, 20% at its highest level, yet I'm experiencing a 100% chance every time I'm using the skill. Again, I fail to see what's going wrong there myself.

Any ideas? Hope you can finetune this mod and make it even cooler than it already is!

Thanks for reporting. I do all my testing on that first stage with Scorpion as a boss. When I tried the Shield of Night, it worked just fine, even against Scorpion, yet you say he still takes the blunt of attacks...? (Power description may be exaggerating it). How quick are you activating it? As the reflecting only lasts for literally 1 second, and meant to be a precise counter, as if he's anticipating the attack. Nonetheless, I'll take a look at that.

As for Death Threat, I'm not sure why. The powerstyle and talents file look correct. The talents file says that the chance of instant kill is "0.1" (10%) at start, and "0.33" (33%) at level 12, and the chance was applied in the powerstyle file. It's hard to tell against the easier opponents though if it's 100% or not since they die easily. What stage are you playing at, and what difficulty? This should give me to chance to see what's going on with a fine-toothed comb.
I should tell you that I'm in the middle of Fantomex at the moment, but I'll look into those reports.

Thanks for the quick response. I do a couple of types of tests. Overall the most reliable one would indeed be the first stage, and using the cheat which activates all powers.

My other type of tests makes use of an old savegame in Attilan where my characters had reached level 35. This savegame somehow (luckily) always loads after making herostat changes and most of the characters seem to be fully playable, with only a couple of exceptions in that a few characters can't fly. Playing the Paibok mission in the simulator usually gives me a good impression of mod & tinkering playability (- obviously always double-checking with a new game as well).

I just checked it again and I realize that I was partly mistaken as far as the Shield of Night's blocking ability goes - sorry about that. The damage IS reflected as stated, but the attack doesn't seem to be blocked. Black Knight gets 3 damage from an Ultron Warrior whether I use the power or not, if I use the power, the Ultron Warrior receives about 12-17 damage. (Or wasn't a full block intended?)

I haven't seen the Death Threat fail it's instant kill yet... against a normal enemy. I just tested some more up until fighting Scorpion and I did not get an instant kill against him. Now, it may seem obvious that the power's minimum damage suffices for the Ultron Warriors but I don't think it should. It should deal 33-35 damage at minimum level, if I use normal attacks I can see that they can take a bit more than that.
(I am currently using the Realism mod, which means that Scorpion doesn't have his boss_resistance values, so it can't be that.)

Quote from: Hobgoblin on February 13, 2014, 12:16PM
Thanks for the quick response. I do a couple of types of tests. Overall the most reliable one would indeed be the first stage, and using the cheat which activates all powers.

My other type of tests makes use of an old savegame in Attilan where my characters had reached level 35. This savegame somehow (luckily) always loads after making herostat changes and most of the characters seem to be fully playable, with only a couple of exceptions in that a few characters can't fly. Playing the Paibok mission in the simulator usually gives me a good impression of mod & tinkering playability (- obviously always double-checking with a new game as well).

I just checked it again and I realize that I was partly mistaken as far as the Shield of Night's blocking ability goes - sorry about that. The damage IS reflected as stated, but the attack doesn't seem to be blocked. Black Knight gets 3 damage from an Ultron Warrior whether I use the power or not, if I use the power, the Ultron Warrior receives about 12-17 damage. (Or wasn't a full block intended?)

I haven't seen the Death Threat fail it's instant kill yet... against a normal enemy. I just tested some more up until fighting Scorpion and I did not get an instant kill against him. Now, it may seem obvious that the power's minimum damage suffices for the Ultron Warriors but I don't think it should. It should deal 33-35 damage at minimum level, if I use normal attacks I can see that they can take a bit more than that.
(I am currently using the Realism mod, which means that Scorpion doesn't have his boss_resistance values, so it can't be that.)

It actually could be the Realism mod.

If I remember correctly (keep in mind; the mod was made years ago!) I made sure no instant kills could be made on "boss" characters. It would make it "unrealistic". I cannot guarantee it, but if you ask me it could be the realism mod.

Quote from: Outsider on February 09, 2014, 04:16PM
Thanks for reporting - didn't notice that. Will fix, as well as add some stuff for Logan.

thanks for fixing wolverine's defense problem. i would like to report a minor bug though; logan does not have sound when being selected from the four man team or when he levels up, or when using the team call (he says something like "lets go" but in a very low voice). i dont know if this was intended but i noticed this after the defense fix, don't remember if he had it before. sorry for being the bearer of bad news.