The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Absolutely agree my radar would be going off! Thanks for your hard work

Great work as always No problems to report involing her.(Still that arcade issue i  will try to get to soon.)

Quote from: Techon 7 on August 22, 2014, 08:19PM
Oh Zatanna is one that I'm going to have to try out. She sounds great.
Quote from: ndp on August 22, 2014, 08:38PM
Absolutely agree my radar would be going off! Thanks for your hard work
Quote from: Erik Lensherr on August 22, 2014, 10:43PM
Great! Zatanna looks awesome in the game! Wonderful job :)
Quote from: phenom on August 24, 2014, 12:50PM
Woot! Can't wait to put her in game
Quote from: Owl City on August 25, 2014, 04:56AM
Nice!! I'm going to try Zatanna as soon as possible!
Quote from: Narutogokuichigo on August 25, 2014, 01:00PM
Great work as always No problems to report involing her.

Thanks for the compliments, fellas. I am pleased with the results, as Zatanna came out very well. MJ Fan's skins made it that much better. Stay tuned, for more secrets remain within the Crypt...

Zatanna mod is perfect! She is required member for dc team in mua!

August 31, 2014, 08:59PM #352 Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 01:03AM by Outsider
GROOT

I was impressed by the recent "Guardians of The Galaxy" film. And since fellow modders Sbarth13 and Mellomods are working on space-themed heroes, I thought it was time for The Outsider to put his name in by releasing the monarch from Planet X himself, :groot: Groot. While it was really hard to find sound files of him saying "I Am Groot" in different ways, I think I pulled it off. And his powers and abilities are solid. Go ahead, have a good time playing as him.

UPDATE: Added two more skins, updated mannequin. Herostat has changed.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and a custom-made Xtreme.
-Abilities of Might and Re-Growth (50% chance of re-growing if killed). He can also use enemies as weapons by pressing jump after grabbing them.
-7 hex-edited skins (including original meshes), 5 HUDs, 2 loading screens, icons, mannequin, and sound/voice file featuring Vin Diesel.
-Uses assigned number #92.

MOVESET:
1. Branching Out: Groot extends his arm to attack multiple enemies. Causes knockback.
2. Naughty By Nature: Groot controls a tree from his arm to brutally strike enemies and stun them.
3. Tree of Woe: Extends his arm to catch an enemy, and throws him as easy as a leaf.
4. Swinging Vine: Grows vines from his physique and swings an enemy around, damaging surrounding enemies.
5. Flora Colossus: Grabs nearest enemy and slams him down hard. Impact can hurt surrounding enemies.
6. (Boost) Monarch from Planet X: Groot sprouts himself, increasing his mass and strength, and reducing damage taken. However, he also moves slower.
7. (Boost) Family Tree: Groot attracts fireflies that heal himself and allies, while lowering damage taken.
8. (Xtreme) I Am Groot!: Groot sprouts in mass gradually as he punishes all enemies with earth-shattering punches.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUDs (Movie & Uniform), icons, loading screens, sounds, hex-editing, effects recolor etc.
GTTeancum - Movie skins, mannequin
Julio Cabral - Original & Uniform meshes
Andersonbrazil - Skins & HUDs (Modern, Symbiote, Dark)
Maegawa - Fix for "Flora Colossus" slam

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?6mc9nqrtl94g5x8

Great. First Zatanna and now Groot are both must have mods and I'm not able to add them in yet. (And I just came back from seeing Guardians, too.) Anyway, congrats on the release. They'll be first in line when I can add characters again.

Yeah, finally Groot in this game! Great job as always Outsider!

Groot! Excellent; most excellent. Downloading in a heartbeat!
Mutatis mutandis. Si non confectus, non reficiat.

Damn, one of your best mods yet! Was a lil scared he wasn't gonna be on-par with rocket (no offence! I conder RR to be one of the best mods on this site) but DANG, one minute playing as him and my fears are wiped away!

Now just two more guardians to go! :)
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Thanks for the compliments, fellas. BTW, I forgot to mention that Groot can also pick up and use enemies as weapons! Press Jump after grabbing an enemy. (In the game, it's mentioned under Re-Growth in the abilities section.)

@Techon7 - I wasn't able to get that disc flying effect for Zatanna that you mentioned. It looked weird when I attempted it, but you'll dig her just the same.

@Polygone - I take no offense. In fact, I created Groot with the notion that he would team with Rocket, since those two go hand-in-hand. sbarth13 is handling Gamora, and Mellomods is working on Star-Lord. And though she wasn't in the movie, I'd be willing to help Fox456& MUALover finish up on Moondragon.

Will be downloading Groot soon.

But I don't think i posted in your workbench but i had thought the male secret character would be him, which turned out accurate. Not sure how well my other guess will fair. Not sure if the other current Guardian not being worked on yet was ever voted high in hottest women in comics lists.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way