The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: scottsum on March 23, 2016, 06:32PM
One more thing I just tested- If I use the keyboard, the shape-shifting powers work fine.  So, I don't think it has anything to do with the animation, or how quickly I'm hitting the buttons, as I am most certainly slower on the keyboard vs the controller.  I've tried two different controllers, a Logitech Dual Action, and a Logitech Wingman Rumblepad, and they give me the same result- I can shapeshift to the character assigned to button number 5 (which happens to be blocking)- the rest don't work.

Whatever you decide to do (or not do) is cool, I just wanted to give you the details, as I know how difficult it can be to fix something when someone just says "It's broken!" with nothing else to go on.

So, it sounds more like a controller issue... though I find it very odd, because the controller I'm using is a Logitech Dual Action controller. That said, I doubt I can fix that. The "Invisible Force" issue on the other hand, I have seen it myself as laggy (tricky) at times, so I will look into that one.

Quote from: Rinswind on March 24, 2016, 02:27PM
Hey there Outsider, not sure if you got my PM but I wanted to say how awesome your work is. I really love the Juggernaut Booster (my favorite marvel character) and The Darkness mod.

Regarding Dormammu, I have a tiny issue getting certain effects working for him. Now, I tried installing him on my currently modded game and even on a fresh install with the official characters pack etc to no avail. The effect I am mainly referencing is his "meteor shower" combo ability, his most devastating attack. The animation seems to be bugged for me no matter what I do, it has large blackish-purple translucent squares around the impact animation of the columns. They also appear blue and purple with no orange fire effects anywhere though maybe this is intended, I do not know as it's always been bugged for me.

Is there any reason why this would be happening? Maybe it's conflicting with another mod, or perhaps I am missing a certain mod being installed for it to work properly? I play on max settings with advanced lighting on and all that if that's any help. Thanks for your time! :)

Welcome to the forum, and The Crypt. I have just noticed your PM. Actually, the meteor shower, which I've referred to as "Dark Storm" was intentionally designed to have blue/purple/black beam effects coming down, to further make him stand out effects-wise as an entity, as Human Torch and Mephisto use the orange fire effects. Dormammu's Dark Storm is supposed to look dark, eerie and somewhat strange. However, because I'm not exactly an effects expert, sometimes the impact appear as squares -- that wasn't intentional.
It sounds like you have started a new game playing as him. If you have his latest version, in his talents file, it should say "Dark Storm" in the descriptions. If not, you may have the original version which I changed soon after -- in which case, just download him again. No need for a fresh install of the whole game. Any problems still, feel free to let me know.

Quote from: jaybird on March 23, 2016, 07:51PM
Yes the thunderbolts will be pleased.As will I,thanks outsider.
Quote from: Oddark123 on March 24, 2016, 11:55AM
Oh boy! MACH-V is certainly up to expectations. Awesome having him playable now. Another superb release.

Thanks a lot, fellas. Good to hear that people dig him. :fro:

Quote from: Maegawa on March 23, 2016, 06:06PM
I've just tried out 3 of your mods: Mantis, Martian Manhunter and Mach-V, plus Iron Fist to make a 4-character team, and man, I'm just out of words to describe how awesome they are; Mach-V is a destructive force with his Predator Gun and Concussive Blasts moves, the Smoke Screen was also a new move to me, so kudos for making it, and I loved the sound you picked for when starts flying (it helps making the character more unique), it was also a nice surprise that you kept his skins a secret, I was really amazed by them, especially the Ultimate Beetle one, it gave me some good nostalgia from the Ultimate Spider-Man game (boy, was it hard to beat that Beetle boss...); Martian Manhunter was a beautiful thing to see, Jean Grey's effects worked like a charm with Magneto's animations, not to mention his incredible shape-shifting moves (I just love to hear the selected character's quote), his Xtreme was also something new to me (at first I thought my game had bugged, lol); and last, but not least, Mantis, Elektra's animations worked pretty well with the effects, especially the Energy Blast move, and I don't know if I ever said it in the forum, but your counter moves have a special place in my heart, I remember seeing it for the first time in your Beast Booster, so I had a lot of fun with Mantis blocking the enemies' attacks and giving some punishing kick action in their face!
Also, since I had Iron Fist on the team, he was affected by your sound update, and I laughed a lot with his Liu Kang-styled screams from MvC3 (when I played it with my cousin for the 1st time we almost died from laughter, so it kinda gave me some nostalgia hearing it in MUA).

So what I want to say is thank you for all your mods, and though I haven't tested all of them, I sure plan to do so and know that they are as great as the ones I've already tested, you have this incredible ability of making mods in a small amount of time but still make them spectacular! Thank you again for all your contribution to the forum, and I will have a lot of fun playing MUA over and over with your mods, anyone who stumbles over your topic will find a treasure that is your collection of mods!

Sorry for the long post, but I had to post my feedback since I have this terrible habit of forgetting to do so.

No apologies necessary. In fact, I very much appreciate the feedback. As I was reading it, I said to myself "Damn! He made me sound f*cking awesome." I try to make every mod somewhat different or completely unique from other mods.  And those counter powers -- yeah, when I invented those, I was wondering if people would like it or absolutely hate it. I liked that it offered a strategic way to attack your enemies -- through defense. But, I've received positive reactions. Anyway, I'm just glad I was able to contribute to the forum and to this game that we all enjoy. MUA will be officially 10 years old on October 24, but hey, the classic hits never go out of style.

---------------------------------

Everyone, I find it very funny (and thankful) that in a world where gamers pay loads of hard-earned money for DLC (downloadable content), for MUA at least, we can get all the damn-near infinite DLC we want... for free! God is good, all the time.

So... yesterday night I went to watch Batfleck v. Superman Dawn of justice.
Maybe it's better we call it Fall of justice but it's only my oppinion.
I was quite disappointed after the movie.
So after I arrived home, I sat down to clear the air in my head , and started to play M.U.A.
After a few minute that I played with your Mach V mod I totally forgot my frustration.
So thanks Mr.Outsider your mod help me to defend myself from a serious mentale damage :laugh:

" The day you stop racing,
is the day you win the race "

Outsider again your mods surprise me! Fantastic! Mach-V is now part of my hitech team, consisting of ironman, Warmachine, Deathlock and the newest and most amazing mod, Mach-V. Congratulations!

Quote from: Dr. Bruce Banner on March 25, 2016, 07:38AM
So... yesterday night I went to watch Batfleck v. Superman Dawn of justice.
Maybe it's better we call it Fall of justice but it's only my oppinion.
I was quite disappointed after the movie.
So after I arrived home, I sat down to clear the air in my head , and started to play M.U.A.
After a few minute that I played with your Mach V mod I totally forgot my frustration.
So thanks Mr.Outsider your mod help me to defend myself from a serious mentale damage :laugh:

Good to hear you're enjoying Mach-V. You've released great models that helped it stand out, so thanks for that.

Quote from: andersonbrazil on March 25, 2016, 08:16AM
Outsider again your mods surprise me! Fantastic! Mach-V is now part of my hitech team, consisting of ironman, Warmachine, Deathlock and the newest and most amazing mod, Mach-V. Congratulations!

Thanks a lot, Anderson. Glad to hear that A.J. reached everyone's expectations. Though the Crypt is winding down, more still await to be discovered...

Congrats on your Mach-V release. I'm not very familiar w/ this character, but given that you're the one releasing him (and w/ Custom skins from Bruce), I'm sure it will not disappoint!

Quick question: I was wondering why you never chose to post any preview pics (or vids) of your mods. Is there any reason why you don't? Just wondering. I'm still pretty hyped whenever you have a release, but seeing some preview pics would definitely peak my interest a lil more!

Also, I hate to hear that your modding days are coming to an end. I hope to one day go down the list and get some mannequins done to fully complete some of your great mods. As of right now, stacking projects on top of projects doesn't seem to help for me. I'm not out, though.

^^view MelloMods' Mods^^

Outsider, I began to look at his Sentinel and I was impressed! He is very fun! I have a little problem with it. Xtreme is not accessible to me. When I use the boost that makes the Sentinel be a giant, Xtreme icon appears but the bar to fill the Xtreme, does not appear. When it is in normal size Xtreme icon does not appear and the Xtreme bar also does not appear. Someone went through it?

Quote from: andersonbrazil on April 02, 2016, 11:16AM
Outsider, I began to look at his Sentinel and I was impressed! He is very fun! I have a little problem with it. Xtreme is not accessible to me. When I use the boost that makes the Sentinel be a giant, Xtreme icon appears but the bar to fill the Xtreme, does not appear. When it is in normal size Xtreme icon does not appear and the Xtreme bar also does not appear. Someone went through it?

Thanks for the report. I've looked into the unit and verified the problem you've mentioned. Fortunately, I was able to fix it. If you download the unit again, you'll see that I've removed the size restriction from the Xtreme, making it accessible, and I've added/hex-edited your new skin and mannequin.

Quote from: scottsum on March 23, 2016, 06:32PM
Whatever you decide to do (or not do) is cool, I just wanted to give you the details, as I know how difficult it can be to fix something when someone just says "It's broken!" with nothing else to go on.

Unfortunately, I was unable to fix the "Invisible Force" issue. That code appears to be hard-coded somewhere, which means I can't improve the laggy functions it has at times. It's like sometimes the melee attacks work, other times it doesn't. It's very weird. I'll see if I can look at other options when I get a chance (or available time).

Quote from: MelloMods on April 02, 2016, 10:27AM
Congrats on your Mach-V release. I'm not very familiar w/ this character, but given that you're the one releasing him (and w/ Custom skins from Bruce), I'm sure it will not disappoint!

Quick question: I was wondering why you never chose to post any preview pics (or vids) of your mods. Is there any reason why you don't? Just wondering. I'm still pretty hyped whenever you have a release, but seeing some preview pics would definitely peak my interest a lil more!

Also, I hate to hear that your modding days are coming to an end. I hope to one day go down the list and get some mannequins done to fully complete some of your great mods. As of right now, stacking projects on top of projects doesn't seem to help for me. I'm not out, though.

I appreciate that, MM. To answer your question, I think it's because I've always had a liking to surprise people, taking a "I can tell you about the mod, but you should see it for yourself" approach. To give someone the satisfaction of "unveiling all that's behind the curtain" when they download and open the file. Same thing for when I mention "secret character" mods I'm working on, and not revealing who it is until it's done, and they click the question mark. I like being mysterious. A while back though, the one called "Erik Lensherr" did some preview videos for a couple of my stuff, including Mystique.

And sure, any time you want to create more mannequins for any of my stuff, feel free, as your stuff is high quality. That would be awesome! You can take a look at the list here: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9280.msg176112.html#msg176112.

April 05, 2016, 03:40PM #727 Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 03:09AM by Outsider
GUN GIRLS

Ever wanted to play as some of Marvel's women that are known for carrying big weapons? Well, now you can! I've compiled eight of those ladies in two mods, and entitled them simply as the "Gun Girls." With decent gun powers (some same, some different), unique abilities (for those with powers), great-looking skins, and some of the best-looking icons I've done (in my opinion), you'll have some fun with this unofficial sorority of Marvel chicks. I've tried to make them each feel unique, but still somewhat uniform. Check them all out.

UPDATE: Rachel Alves and Sandi Brandenberg are in, replacing Agent 13 and Viper. Both herostats have changed.

HOSTS:
Mod 1 - Maria Hill, Kayla Silverfox, Valerie Cooper, and Sandi Brandenberg
Mod 2 - Rachel Alves, Victoria Montesi, Outlaw, and Dakota North

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme for both.
-Ability of Special Skills (Various abilities for certain characters. See the "Special Skills" in their Stats screen for details).
-16 hex-edited skins, 10 HUDs, 8 loading screens, icons, 2 mannequins, and sound/voice files.
-Uses assigned numbers #168 & #169. (Will clash with Oya and Velocidad in loading screens)

MOVESET:
1. Talk To The Handgun: Fires a few shots from her gun, causing damage and knockback.
2. Machine Gun Girl: Rapidly fires from her machine gun.
3. Backflip Shot: Does a backflip dodging enemy attacks, then fires shots in a counter attack.
4. MOD 1 Red Light Special: Aims her high-powered sniper rifle and fires a piercing bullet through multiple enemies.
4. MOD 2 Kiss-Off: Blasts enemies away with her sawed-off shotgun.
5. Femme Fatale: A special attack depending on which character chosen. All eight girls have something different...
6. (Boost) Ladies' Night: Enhances her attack damage and movement speed for a time.
7. (Boost) Woman's Touch: Provides a team boost depending on which character chosen. All eight girls have something different...
8. (Xtreme) Girl Gone Wild: Takes her machine gun and pistol, and fires at all enemies.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, Skins (Victoria Montesi, Valerie Cooper, Kayla Silverfox, Sandi Brandenberg, Dakota North), HUDs, icons, loading screens, sounds, hex-editing, etc.
Aventureiromax - Maria Hill & Outlaw skins
Andersonbrazil - Rachel Alves skin
UltraMegaMagnus - Pepper Potts model used for Val Cooper, mannequins

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?obiss4b7pqpacaz

Wow!
This is a super mod Gun Girls!
And who is would have played what character in this mod?
I would play Mod 2 - Agent 13, and Elsa Bloodstone.

That's a really nice job with Gun Girls! It's very sad to think that you'll leave Modding Empire soon :(

Quote from: Erik Lensherr on April 06, 2016, 07:03AM
That's a really nice job with Gun Girls! It's very sad to think that you'll leave Modding Empire soon :(

It's a pity :(

Quote from: Outsider on April 03, 2016, 12:17PM
Thanks for the report. I've looked into the unit and verified the problem you've mentioned. Fortunately, I was able to fix it. If you download the unit again, you'll see that I've removed the size restriction from the Xtreme, making it accessible, and I've added/hex-edited your new skin and mannequin.

Outsider, now everything is working fine! Thank you! I updated the pack 5,  with new mannequins and new skins for the Sentinel. I'm really enjoying this mod Sentinel, Thanks!

April 25, 2016, 06:43PM #732 Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 10:27PM by Outsider
GOKU

Did you ever think you would ever witness a mod of a Japanese anime character in MUA? Did you ever think I would be the one to create such a character? Me neither. But, here we are! Introducing my mod of the protagonist of the Dragon Ball Z cartoons, the character often compared to Superman, Goku. Since I am unfamiliar with Japanese anime, it took a lot of research and some featured help to make this mod as authentic as can be. How would the Masters of Evil fare against a Super Saiyan? Find out now!

IN MEMORIAM
AKIRA TORIYAMA
1955 - 2024

FEATURES:
-6 powers, 3 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-Abilities of Might and Flight.
-1 hex-edited skin (+ 4 Super Saiyan forms), 1 HUD, 2 loading screens, icons, 3 mannequins, and sound/voice file.
-Uses assigned number #134 (WARNING: Shares with Shaman of Alpha Flight -- mannequins and loading screens will clash).

MOVESET:
1. Ki Blast: Fires a blue projectle from his fist.
2. Raging Burst: Releases a burst of ki energy out on nearby enemies.
3. Solar Flare: A light blast powered by the sun used to stun enemies.
4. Destructo Disk: Throws a yellow disc-like projectile that explodes.
5. Kamehameha: Fires a large beam of ki energy at enemies.
6. Meteor Impact: A blue vertical blast that somehow rips through the Earth.
7. (Boost) Instant Transmission: Teleports a distance away.
8. (Boost) Kaio-Ken: Glows with a red flame, increasing melee strength and speed for a time.
9. (Boost) Super Saiyan Form: Can transform into a more powerful form. Depending on which, certain features are increased.
10 .(Xtreme) Spirit Bomb: Controls a massive blast from space to strike down and destroy all enemies.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUD, loading screens, some effects, hex-editing, earthquake script, etc.
Maegawa - Spirit Bomb coding, remixed effects, icons, sounds
Aventureiromax - All skins & mannequins
Julio Cabral - Multiple segment (Saint Seiya) method

BUGS:
In between turning Super Saiyan (and turning back), you may briefly see Goku in multple arms and legs. It's only briefly though.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?v77jvn17qejtq7s

Hi I really like the Goku mod, been wanting to see a DBZ mod for a long time.