The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Up next is another Marvel character -- a villain who most of you may consider as an unusual pick, but he's a long time enemy of one of my favorite hero characters...

Quote from: Rodrigo79 on October 06, 2017, 09:14PM
Great Mod of Kate Bishop!! it´s so good to have you making mods from the marvel universe again!!!

Thanks for that. Yeah, there's a few I'd still like to see created, and not a lot of modders are active right now.

Quote from: Dorpond on October 07, 2017, 09:07PM
Nice work,i was waiting for the Kate for a long time :thumbsup2:
If i remember correctly,modder named Leandralan was have plans for Kate,but it's good to see your version anyways
P.S i hope someday we will see America Chavez,Iron Lad and Noh-Varr mods for complete Young Avengers team

Thanks. I do recall Leandralan saying he wanted to create her, but that was a long while ago. As for the other Young Avengers, I have thought about Miss America but potential plans fell through. I do hope someone creates her.

That's too bad :/ what's wrong with America Chavez? I mean, she does have some tough animations.

And do you happen to have any updates on that project? About the roster right?

October 21, 2017, 09:21AM #1217 Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 07:05PM by Outsider
BLOODSCREAM

It's a known fact that :wolverine: Wolverine on his own has many ferocious enemies out to kill him. Now another one of them comes to MUA in the form of Zachariah Ravenscraft, the "vampire" from 16th Century England known as Bloodscream. While he doesn't have a large moveset and no costume choices, he is all around fun and formidable to play as. But, don't take my word for it. Check him out for yourself.

UPDATE: Now has a mannequin and a new model.

FEATURES:
-4 powers, 1 boost, and an Xtreme.
-Abilities of Healing Factor, Might, and "Vampire" Power (cannot be damaged by dmg_blade or dmg_bleed, will 50% chance to resurrect, immune to radiation and slow movement)
-2 hex-edited skins (model & PS2), HUDs, loading screen, icons, mannequin, and sound/voice file.
-Uses assigned number #215 (shares with Wolfsbane - will clash in mannequin).

NOTE:
Bloodscream is supposed to be immune against blades forged by mortals (dmg_blade). However due to lack of time, this particular attribute wasn't tested. If he doesn't get hurt by clay swords or those rotating blades at Mandarin's Valley of Spirits, then it was successful.

MOVESET:
1. Stun Shot: Uses a quick melee attack to stun an enemy for a time.
2. Combat Attack: Uses his hand-to-hand skills to attack enemies in front of and behind him.
3. "Vampire" Drain: Steals lifeforce from an enemy into himself.
4. Zombie Spell: Can turn dead enemies into mindless zombies under his control for a time. Will also resurrect fallen allies.
5. (Boost) Psychotic Rage: Shape-shifts into his dangerous monster form, gaining critical chance, power damage, faster speed, and higher defense.
6. (Xtreme) Blood Wraith: Attacks all enemies and steals a huge amount of their lifeforce, healing himself. Becomes invincible for 15 seconds afterward.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUD, loading screen, icons, sounds, hex-editing etc.
BaconWizard17 - Normal (PS2) and Monster skins (Outsider modified skins to be more pale white)
Aventureiromax - Normal Model, mannequin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?n3uv62q25gdm393

Hope everyone is diggin' Bloodscream. Up next is a powerful Marvel character who is often overlooked, but her time is now... Stay tuned.

As for Mortal Kombat, I will return to making mods for them eventually, and when I do, Reptile will be first, as voted by you, the Marvel Mods community.

Quote from: Frost_Force on October 19, 2017, 06:22AM
That's too bad :/ what's wrong with America Chavez? I mean, she does have some tough animations.

And do you happen to have any updates on that project? About the roster right?

Nothing is wrong with America Chavez. I like her as a character. I also like Strong Guy -- the only missing character from X-Factor. Lady Bullseye and Man-Thing would have been intriguing as well. I would have liked to create them, but the thing is I have too many projects already. Plus, skins aren't available for those characters, and I'm too busy to make them myself.

My girlfriend recently became a fan of my modding work, and suggests that I go back to retirement for good at 150 mods. That's 19 more. Frankly, I still don't know if I can do that many more, which is why I didn't announce that just yet. Just in case, I picked out the 19 (including some Mortal Kombat and Top Cow characters). She suggested that since I'm not sure if I can do that many, to just make who I want from the 19, and the number will go down, and I can decide later.

I do hope someone creates America Chavez, Strong Guy, Lady Bullseye, Man-Thing and some others, but unfortunately, it looks like I am currently the only active modder, and my plate is full.

sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I thought there was a problem with programming her. I understand though, it's a fairly old game and it gets to a point where it doesn't make sense to keep going anymore. I'm looking foward to trying to make my own mods, but I can't find the time to do so, and the programs for skinning and stuff are really outdated. But who knows, maybe marvel brings us a new game that's good to mod.

October 28, 2017, 01:41PM #1220 Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 07:55AM by Outsider
28 ROSTER LIMIT HACK

For a long time, it was thought that no more than 27 heroes can be on the MUA roster at one time, as we all thought it was hard-coded. That is, until Nikita488 came along. He discovered a way for the game to have as many as 33 heroes on the roster. Unfortunately, it had NPC problems that made the code unusable. So I used my coding know-how to create a "for now" solution until he can fix it. That said, here is my 28 Roster Limit Hack. It allows for 28 heroes to be on the roster without major problems, which is one more hero than before. 28 heroes is a decent number, as it's divisible by 4 (the number of heroes you can have on one team). Obviously the more the merrier, but 28 is good for now. Enjoy.

V1.1 UPDATE:
-In the previous version, Uatu the Watcher and Mr. Fantastic NPCs (at Attilan) were replaced with Wyatt Wingfoot. That problem has been fixed.
-In the previous version, the 28th hero (last hero listed) had all costumes locked, and did not keep the equipped item into the next stage. Those problems have been fixed.
-The new version no longer needs a Wyatt Wingfoot entry in the herostat.

FEATURES:
-Allows for the game to have 28 playable heroes (1 more than before) on the game's roster without freezing or crashing. You can now have 7 different teams of 4.
-Has menulocation #13 vacant as an alternate spot. This is a solution for the "Mannequin-23" problem that has mannequins (besides the Thing) looking to the right. (Silver Surfer is now in a different spot.)
-Changes the hero selection screen to suit the extended roster.
-Adds a new character selection screen background, complete with platform.
-Reordered the official characters to suit the extended roster, adding Black Widow to it.
-Adds an alternate Thing mannequin that is not as large.

BUGS:
-Has a minor problem with NPC characters at HUBs like Stark Tower. When you talk to them, they may switch their animation to their fighting stance, or a still stance if they are not playable. NPCs during gameplay (i.e. Dum Dum Dugan, Bruce Banner, etc.) are not affected.

NOTES:
-Be sure to read both the "Read It" and "Herostat Set-Up" files for important information, and back up any original files. Follow the instructions exactly. Do not place heroes in both menulocations #13 and #23, as that will cause a crash.
-This method will not work with Heroselect, as that system does not recognize 28 heroes as possible, even though it is. Heroselect's creator Norrin Radd would need to update Heroselect.

CREDITS:
Nikita488 - Initial discovery of roster hack, mlm_team_back file hex-editing
Outsider - Hack modification and research, team_back file editing
MelloMods - New m_team_stage from remastered version
Maegawa - Zoneinfo Stage Select method (for better testing), Alt Thing Mannequin

GET IT HERE: Discontinued, as the 36 Roster Hack is better.

SPECIAL NOTE:
If you wish to see the progress and discovery log of Nikita488's Roster Limit Hack, you can view it here: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10135.0.html

This is HUGE. Nice work Outsider.
XML1: :wolverine: :storm: :colossus: :rogue:
XML2: :wolverine: :rogue: :juggernaut: :scarletw:
MUA:  :capamer: :scarletw: :punisher_logo: :daredevil:

Quote from: sinisterstoneage on October 28, 2017, 04:00PM
This is HUGE. Nice work Outsider.

Thanks for that, but I can't take all of the credit. If it weren't for Nikita488's discovery, we'd all still think that more than 27 heroes in a game is impossible.

Quote from: jayglass on October 28, 2017, 05:02PM
What herostat did you use?

You don't need to use any particular herostat. Just follow the instructions in the "Herostat Set-Up" file after placing the 28 Roster Limit Hack in your game. With it, you can choose any 28 heroes you want.

Quote from: jayglass on October 29, 2017, 01:51PM
How to get it with wii?

I am not sure, as this method has not been tested with the Wii, and I don't play with Nintendo at all. I suggest messaging Nikita488, as it was he that discovered the hack.

Also, I've noticed around the forum that you're the type that sends numerous posts containing only one question to boost your post count. Please don't do that on my thread. Instead, try asking all of your questions on one post, and message Nikita488 with your questions, as he is more equipped to answer them. Thank you.

Just to inform everyone, my modding projects are still going. It's just that my current project requires that I create a skin for her, and I am not as fast at making skins as I am at coding. Plus, I've been very busy lately, so there's some delay. But more are on the way. Continue to stay tuned...

No problem, Outsider. Your fantastic work is always worth the wait.

Since I've been busy lately, forcing you all to wait more, I'm going to put up a poll -- asking you all which mod I should create after my current project. The winner will be my very next mod. Hopefully, the clue that each choice has will give you an idea of who each choice is... Voting ends a week from now.

As for Mortal Kombat, I will return to that when most or all of my Marvel projects are done, since you've been waiting patiently. As promised, Reptile will be the first mod created, having won the poll over there.

good afternoon, I was wondering if you outsiders could create a booster for Iron Man based on the powers of X-MEN LEGENDS II, this pattern of the game is bad.
Star Andy :))