The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm in and can see, but not edit.

Thanks!  Your work is amazing. 
Monitor

In case you missed it, Wendigo now has a mannequin. Download again, and just add the "ui" folder as nothing else changed. His mannequin will clash with Pyro.

Quote from: TheMK on July 11, 2018, 02:01AM
Very epic, Outsider!!! I knew you would make Jade awesome :)

Looking forward to Noob Saibot and your next mods!

Thanks. Your enthusiasm is always welcome to hear.

Quote from: Ceamonks890 on July 11, 2018, 02:31AM
Woah! Skarlet's included too. Awesome :D

Yeah, I dig Skarlet, but the chances of her getting a standalone mod was very slim, so it seemed like the thing to do.

Quote from: Monitor2112 on July 12, 2018, 08:37PM
I'm in and can see, but not edit.

Thanks!  Your work is amazing. 

Thanks for the compliment, and good to hear the Quick List is working now.

I'm glad to hear I can provide support, even if it's just admiring the mods :)

I wish I could do more but my hands are full unfortunately :(

But you can always count on me to be a fan!

Everyone, I am currently working on Noob Saibot of Mortal Kombat. He's going well so far, but there's been an issue with his Ghost Ball power. I may have to get it to do something else. You all know I like creating mods of dark characters, and this MK warrior will be no different.

Also, I have been noticing some reports to moderators that really aren't. There have been three so far since May, and none of them are actual issues to report to a moderator about. So, I will only say this once: Do not use the "Report To Moderator" button unless it's a real issue, such as spam posts, someone admitting software piracy, link containing a virus, etc. If it's a real issue, let us know in detail, and we will take action. I will send this message as a warning to those who have sent those annoying bogus reports. If it happens again, further action will be taken against those individuals.

Looking eagerly forward to Noob Saibot!

The only other remaining MK character I'm absolutely dying to see in is Kenshi :) though there are more I'd like to see as well, but I somehow doubt they'll be in (Cassie Cage, Erron Black, etc.)

Thank you very much for all you do Outsider! You and the other modders have made this already awesome game even exponentially more entertaining and amazing :) so much replay value!!!

July 21, 2018, 09:40PM #1520 Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 09:36AM by Outsider
NOOB SAIBOT

So, let's see... I've done two out of the three hidden warriors from the legendary Mortal Kombat II. Well, it's time now for the third and most powerful of them -- the highly dangerous and malevolent revenant known as Noob Saibot. As one can imagine, he is lethal and can take out many foes with ease.  But, we all know that he was the original Sub-Zero. Well, you can play as him, too! Granted, he can't use Noob Saibot's powers, but he does have access to relics from Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero! I am very proud of this mod, and I'm certain you all will enjoy it. Complete the MK2 collection and download him now.

FEATURES:
-4 powers (+2 as Sub-Zero), 5 boosts, and a Fatality.
-Abilities of Mortal Kombat (can taunt and perform Stage Fatality), and Dark Soul (cannot be mind-controlled or slowed down, has Might).
-6 hex-edited skins, 4 HUDs, icons, 2 loading screens, mannequin & sound/voice file.
-Uses assigned number #88 (will clash with Hellstorm in mannequin).

MOVESET:
1. Ghost Ball: Fires a projectile that severely lowers an enemy's attack and defense properties, and nullifies powers for a time.
1. Ice Ball: Throws a ball of ice that freezes an enemy on contact.
2. Shadow Slide: Slides across the ground with darkness around him, tripping enemies down hard.
2. Slide: Slides across the ground, tripping enemies down with cold damage.
3. Teleport Slam: Mysteriously appears at one enemy and slams them in mid-air, causing nearby damage as well. Can even grab bosses.
4. Black Hole: Releases a dangerous blast of darkness that damages and stuns enemies.
5. (Boost) Shadow Call: Summons his living shadow to assist him for a time.
6. (Boost) Herbal Healer: Restores some health back to the user.
7. (Boost) Mysterious Ritual: Allows for critical chance and momentum in all attacks.
8. (Boost) Dit Dow Formula: Reduces damage taken and cures status aliments.
9. (Boost) Shield of Invincibility: For a very short time, becomes completely invincible.
10. (Fatality) 7-10 Split: Everything goes dark, but rumors say he and his living shadow are ripping all enemies in half like a wishbone...

NOTES:
-If you choose his MK2 skin or his MK1 Shadow skins, he will appear as a black silhouette. This is done on purpose, as that's how he appeared in MK2.
-As Classic Sub-Zero, he cannot use Noob Saibot powers.
-His "Teleport Slam" can even catch and slam bosses. But, be careful. Don't attempt it against giant bosses. I used it against Fin Fang Foom, as it caused him to fly away (perhaps out of fear) and I couldn't finish the stage.
-You'll notice some familiar relics from Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero there. But, the Eye of Invisibility is not there due to other ninjas having invisibility and due to lack of space.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUDs, icons, loading screen, sounds, hex-editing, effects, etc.
Aventureiromax - All skins except Modern (MK9) and Original Sub-Zero (MK1)
Andersonbrazil - Modern (MK9) skin
Julio Cabral - Original Sub-Zero (MK1) skin
AdrianoAp - Mannequin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?rbpga61v7g3k27d

Oh, man, this is so epic!!! I love it!!!

Of course, if anyone can get Fing Fang Foom to fly away out of fear, Noob Saibot can :)

I think it's extremely awesome that you also have Classic Sub-Zero in here and brought back his abilities from Mythologies!

The part about this mod that excites me the most is because of the nature of the mod's duality, I can reunite the living Sub-Zero Bros. -and- the Noob-Smoke duo that debuted in Deception in more epic ways than ever seen before!

Thank you so much for this!

you guys ever consider doing Killer Instinct Characters?

July 22, 2018, 09:38PM #1523 Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 12:45AM by Outsider
PARADOX

There was a time when :strange: Dr. Strange could not assume his role with the Midnight Sons, so he created two beings out of aetheric energy. One of them was Vincent Stevens, who was evil and ultimately destroyed. The other was a hero simply named "Strange." This is a mod of the latter, who became his own being joining forces with Clea in the Dark Dimension as Paradox. He is almost a complete mimic of his creator, but has some features all his own. Check it.

UPDATE: Got officially moved to #93 due to MODOK's creation. Read the Special Note inside.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-Abilities of Flight, Might, Teleport, and Near Invulnerability (Takes 20% less damage, immune to mental damage).
-1 skin, 1 HUD, icons, loading screen, mannequin, and sound/voice file.
-Uses official number #93 (shares with Star-Lord).

MOVESET:
1. Aetheric Bolts: Fires bolts of aetheric energy at enemies. Will also increase teleport ability.
2. Levitation: Levitates enemies and objects.
3. Falteen Flame: A constant blast of eerie flame that can steal health from enemies.
4. Black Magic: Throws a ball of energy toward an enemy causing damage and can possibly turn him into a crate.
5. Mystic Force: A less damaging version of his creator's xtreme that still takes massive damage and knockback.
6. (Boost) Eye of Invisibility: Uses relic created by Dr. Strange to turn all team members invisible for a time.
7. (Boost) Aetheric Aura: Creates pixies that will follow Paradox and will cause small explosions on enemies.
8. (Xtreme) Stranger Things: Fires special projectiles of aetheric energy that bounce off walls, following and attacking all enemies.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, skin, HUD, icons, loading screen, sounds, hex-editing etc.
Nickjustint - Recolored effects
AdrianoAp - Mannequin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?r09ztyz4593j2bq

Well, this is an unexpected choice. Never even knew Doctor Strange technically cloned himself, where much like the Spidey clones Ben Reilly & Kaine, went on to be their own heroic figures.

If there was ever going to be another Marvel sorcerer mod made however, I would have expected Doctor Druid. But still, appreciate all these off-the-wall comic book character choices regardless Outsider. Really helps to give more exposure to obscure ones that the companies themselves, will probably never use in other forms of media outside the comics.

Quote from: Ceamonks890 on July 23, 2018, 02:24AM
Well, this is an unexpected choice. Never even knew Doctor Strange technically cloned himself, where much like the Spidey clones Ben Reilly & Kaine, went on to be their own heroic figures.

If there was ever going to be another Marvel sorcerer mod made however, I would have expected Doctor Druid. But still, appreciate all these off-the-wall comic book character choices regardless Outsider. Really helps to give more exposure to obscure ones that the companies themselves, will probably never use in other forms of media outside the comics.

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on July 23, 2018, 04:49AM
I was not aware of the existence of Paradox. It’s cool to see him done though!

Well, I did admit in the Mortal Kombat thread that my next project was a "strange" pick! :laugh:

Actually, I probably wouldn't have modded him if I weren't a fan of Marvel's darkest team -- the Midnight Sons. For those of you that are unfamiliar with them, here's a pick of their most popular team:

That's Paradox (known then as "Strange") in the front, who essentially took over for Dr. Strange at the time that he couldn't aid them. In that pic is him, Morbius, Ghost Rider, Blade, and... John Blaze. Now, some of you may wonder, "Wait a second... isn't Johnny Blaze and Ghost Rider the same person?" Usually, yes. At the time, no. John Blaze was thought to have been freed of the Ghost Rider, as it bonded to that of Daniel Ketch. That's why you see them both there. However, Blaze was not completely cured, and so he continued on missions training the new Ghost Rider while wielding a "hellfire shotgun." While those are the main five, other members like Vengeance, the Nightstalkers, and the Darkhold Redeemers joined them. (Ironically, Cloak and Dagger were never with that group. Maybe because they were too young.)

That said, I have thought about making a John Blaze mod to go along with this team, but I'm not sure as in MUA, Ghost Rider and John Blaze are the same person. I could just say that Daniel Ketch is Ghost Rider instead. As for Vengeance, he's far too similar to Ghost Rider to warrant a mod of his own, unless I create different hellfire powers to help him stand out. What do you all think? Should John Blaze and/or Vengeance gain a mod of their own? I'm unsure, so sound off if you have an opinion.

Quote from: Xenoses on July 22, 2018, 07:25PM
you guys ever consider doing Killer Instinct Characters?

I can't say that I have thought about Killer Instinct fighters. I did like the series back in the day even though it was a blatant copy of Mortal Kombat. They had "No Mercy" finishers (their version of Fatalities), but they also had sick lengthy combos that to me was the selling point. Unfortunately, almost all of KI's fighters are too much like an existing character... I wouldn't mind if someone attempted any of them, but I don't think I'll be attempting them, nor will I attempt to create an entire Street Fighter roster.

So that's where the 'hellfire shotgun' in the Nicolas Cage Ghost Rider film & game tie-in came from! And here I thought for the longest time, that it was a rare good idea on Sony Pictures' part.

When it comes to Johnny Blaze as an entirely separate character from Ghost Rider however, I think you'd be better off giving the shotgun to regular Ghost Rider as a booster attack(since outside of an enchanted motorbike of his own, experience fighting demonic entities & the eponymous weapon, there's next to nothing to help him stand out from his alter-ego, like say Bruce Banner to any of his Hulk personas who can all feasibly play differently from one another, as both you and I have demonstrated). Maybe you could give Johnny access to angel weapons, but that'd probably be considered too implausible & out-of-character, for someone like him to use.

Vengeance on the other hand, could probably get away with having a lot of the same attacks(since there are mods for Beta Ray Bill, Scarlet Spider & Jane Foster Thor, that are practically identical to their more popular counterparts). But players don't really mind, because they get to play as a character they enjoy reading about separately in the comics regardless.

Ultimately, I say if you've got solid ideas about character mods you'd like to see made, than don't let minor things like continuity stop you(as you could always write your figurative Johnny Blaze mod off, as someone from an alternate reality like all the non-Marvel characters from other comic, film or video game companies pretty much are). :P

Personally, I feel like the more characters we have as options, the better. Characters that have similar power sets being made as separate mods never bothered me

Paradox sounds great, another excellent addition to our collective ever expanding rosters :D.