The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So everyone, I'm not going to reveal who the next one is just yet (still sick but feeling a little better), but I'm hoping to have this Marvel villain done by Halloween... as he would fit perfect with America's darkest holiday. Stay tuned...

Quote from: Aventureiromax on October 20, 2018, 11:06AM
Good job with Valkyrie II ;) and have a good recovery ;)

Thanks for that. Good to hear that everyone likes Valkyrie II.

Quote from: neutralen on October 20, 2018, 06:53PM
You were right, Outsider. When I started a new game, the agent venom mod worked correctly. Thanks for your help, although I do not like the idea of starting the game again. Anyway, thank you very much.

Glad to hear that it worked out. Always remember to start a new game when downloading any mods or boosters.

Quote from: UltraMegaMagnus on October 21, 2018, 03:46AM
Thank you!, finally Yondu lol, Full Guardian roster can be achieved at long last :)
Just noticed though that I screwed the Xtra ANAD Mannequin file lol, I'll remake his ANAD mannequin later, sorry about that :(

No worries -- I saw your link to the fixed one on Discord. Will update when I get a chance.

Quote from: Doctor Strange on October 21, 2018, 04:19AM
Thank you Outsider for making Yondu; he's great.
Keep on contributing to the community, man. Your mods are amazing!
Quote from: TheMK on October 21, 2018, 05:13PM
Awesome! I love Yondu!

Thanks for that -- I think I've done Yondu justice.

Quote from: Outsider on October 20, 2018, 08:26PM
YONDU

This is a mod of one of the Guardians of the Galaxy (sort of), as he's been both a friend and foe to them. I'm talking about the leader of the Ravagers and Star-Lord's father figure, Yondu Udonta, simply known as Yondu. Now, all of the Guardians from the MCU are here, and this good ol' boy's got some moves with those yaka arrows... Check him out, but don't you dare try and steal his loot.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-3 hex-edited skins, 3 HUDs, icons, loading screen, 2 mannequins, and sound/voice file voiced (mostly) by Michael Rooker.
-Uses official number #107 (will clash with Morbius in mannequin).

MOVESET:
1. Yaka Arrow: Controls a single yaka arrow by whistling, attacking enemies before returning to him. Also improves grab smash.
2. Gun Blast: Fires at enemies using a stolen alien firearm.
3. Rotating Arrows: Controls five yaka arrows to circle around him and attack enemies.
4. Udonta Strike: Takes one of his yaka arrows and stabs an enemy with it, causing impact and bleeding damage.
5. Arrow Crush: Crushes an energy-filled yaka arrow, causing a radial burst. Can also be done while in mid-air.
6. (Boost) Ravager: Yondu and his team gains extra melee damage while gaining (or stealing) extra SHIELD credits.
7. (Boost) Centaurian Trance: By mystically communing with nature, Yondu can gradually heal himself for a time while sensing enemies via mini-map.
8. (Xtreme) Yaka-Mania: Yondu controls multiple arrows to attack in a blitz, bouncing off walls and following enemies.

NEEDS:
One more skin & HUD.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUDs (ANAD), loading screen, sounds, voice, hex-editing, etc.
UltraMegaMagnus - Skin (ANAD), Yaka Arrow projectile, mannequins, sound and icon materials
Julio Cabral - Skins (movie), HUDs (movie)
MelloMods - Kree sub-machine gun model

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?mznn1fm3dmc2e6b

It has come to my attention that someone (besides TheMK) read my Phantom Four novels, and liked them. That someone is Varnage22. But then, he asked me a question -- how come I never attempted the Phantom Four as mods for MUA? I answered that the "sons of darkness" in MUA would make the game too easy, for they are practically gods that wield the cursed element of darkness within their souls, and not even Galactus can harm them. That was always my answer when another asked about them. However since then, we've seen Galactus and Mistress Death -- nearly invincible characters playable. So why not the Phantom Four? I could argue that the general public still does not know of them and won't want to play as them. Heck, my mention of them on Discord got no reaction at all! On the other hand, having them playable could interest people to want to read the books, as when you play as them, you learn more about them.

See? Many thoughts are circling in my mind about whether the sons of darkness should be playable or not, despite their unfair advantages. And, it would be impossible to create them without spoiling some stuff from the books.

So, that is what my newest poll is asking you all -- Should the Phantom Four become mods in this game? I guess maybe if enough people show interest in wanting (or curiosity) in playing as them, I may consider it. Though it will be difficult and will take some time, so I can't guarantee anything. The poll will be up for 7 days. Here is TheMK's message about them: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10099.msg187529.html#msg187529. And you can always visit https://www.phantom-4.com, see the Heroes section, and view the first four bios.

When I hear this music track (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db4avt8JWEo), I often think of the Sons of Darkness, which each part of the track representing something.
0:00 - The brothers recall that they are heavily cursed with the element of darkness that threaten the lives of those they care about...
1:08 - They remember that although cursed, they must stay courageous and fight on, for the world needs them...
1:32 - They remember why God chose them and that they are heroes, and they will protect the living world from the supernatural...
2:03 - They feel that pride, but they know they can't live normal lives and danger lurks everywhere, even from within their souls...
2:46 - (Back to "0:00")

Quote from: Seven on October 22, 2018, 07:32PM

Still am, but feeling a bit better.

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on October 23, 2018, 06:11AM
Yondu is looking awesome! Great work!

Thanks, I appreciate that.

I would love to see the Phantom Four in MUA :)

While on one hand I could see how some would feel concerned about them being overpowered, I don't really think it's a problem. Like you mentioned, the likes of Galactus and such have been made as mods. But there's also characters who have mods like Superman, Goku, etc., each of which are technically "nerfed" if only to at least be playable and produce some sort of hypothetical challenge.

I could see a few ways of approaching this;

1) For the Phantom Four, perhaps let them have a few different "costumes" (if they only truly have one, though more could be cool too) where the passive effects give them different power levels. One could be for their full potential where they're unhindered by any limits, and another could be one that would feel more fair to players who would otherwise find them overkill or too easy to play as.

and/or

2) Much like you've been doing for the Mortal Kombat characters, the Phantom Four can have profiles explaining their presence and journey in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance; perhaps as a side effect of traveling to the Marvel Universe, something might have caused their powers to fluctuate to the point where they're still very potent, but not as effective as normal.

If I could chime in, I think at this point every single one of us who've been modding this game to death, have at least played MUA more than once. And as such, I don't think we should try and limit ourselves in terms of what mods can be feasibly created(simply because of game balance or the fact they're from an obscure series).

Many of us have continued to come back to modding this game time and time again, because there's already such a strong core to work with and with a ton of options available to play around with, it gives many of us a golden opportunity to craft our dream teams or nonsensical playable groups that would likely never happen legitimately, considering the large legal and financial mess that would generate.

I've also done movesets for literal game-breaking characters like Deadman, Nekron, Franklin Richards, Fist of the North Star's Kenshiro, Devil May Cry's Dante or the X-Men's Legion(mainly because I and many others think that they'd be cool to play as, with game balance being something of note but at the same time, isn't really considered a factor).

So to bring this whole ramble to an end, make mods because you see the creative potential in them and don't limit yourself because it somehow would deflate the fun(as we're all already having endless amounts of fun, by just playing with all these quality mods which bring fresh life to such a well-trodden quality experience). :D

I personally believe that difficulty isn't that big of a deal for me when it comes to this game. I'd rather enjoy it and have fun and play with different characters

I welcome any and all opinions on this matter -- so thanks to TheMK, Ceamonks, and BaconWizard for sounding off. If anyone else has something to say on it, by all means go right ahead.

After 20 votes, 50% says yes to the Phantom Four being created as mods. Interestingly, 7 of the votes say they are unsure about it. Well, if it's because you don't know who they are, visit www.phantom-4.com, go to the Heroes section, and read the first four bios. You can also visit the Origin section, but be warned that there are some spoilers in that section.

My hope is that if the Phantom Four (a.k.a the "Sons of Darkness") are created into MUA, that many will like them, which may get people to want to read the obscure, five-star rated novels. However, since the first book came out 8 years ago, I have a plan to reintroduce them to the world, using traditional publishing this time instead of self-publishing. It's a lesson for everyone: If at first you don't succeed at your dream, don't just give up. Try again, but go a different route. Everyone fails sometimes, but it's how we respond to failure that determines how strong we are as a people.

Now as for who this Marvel villain I'm working on is, here are some hints...

(1). The character is male.
(2). It was already mentioned that he is from Marvel, and is a villain.
(3). His main arch-nemesis is one of the Midnight Sons.
(4). He has battled mutants before...

Wouldn't happen to be the Ghost Rider villain Blackout, would it? As all the hints provided seem to point towards him as the likely candidate ;)

October 28, 2018, 04:12AM #1708 Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 02:06PM by Outsider
DRACULA

Originally just alternate outfits for my earlier mod of Morbius, I figured it was about time that Marvel's version of the legendary supernatural lord of vampires known as Dracula makes his own appearance in MUA. With his hatred for humans, the Count brings with him enough swordsmanship, vampirism, and black sorcery to make for a fun mod that surpasses Morbius in my opinion. But don't just take my word for it -- check him out for yourself.

UPDATE: Now doesn't take damage in certain moves, added maiden skin.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and a custom-made Xtreme tribute to the classic vampire...
-Abilities of Might, Flight (changes into a bat-like creature), Healing Factor, and Lord of Vampires (variety of immunities).
-2 hex-edited skins, 4 HUDs, loading screen, icons, mannequin, and sound/voice file featuring some horror movie screams and voices from Castlevania video games.
-Uses assigned number #245 (will clash with Revanche in mannequin).

MOVESET:
1. Soul Flame: Unleashes a beam of mystical flame. Can also be done while flying. Also improves grab smash.
2. Blood Drain: Bites a maiden causing damage while healing Dracula. The lady then faints to unconsciousness for a time.
3. Vampire Slash: Uses vampire speed to move to multiple enemies and slice them with his sword.
4. Lightning Bolt: Casts a bolt of lightning from the sky down upon an enemy.
5. Arcane Sorcery: Can turn enemies into large demonic creatures to attack his enemies.
6. (Boost) Shape Shifter: Morphs to look exactly like an enemy in the area, gaining critical damage.
7. (Boost) Crimson Mist: All allies gain strike and defense. Energy damage inflicted on enemies will return as health for Dracula.
8. (Xtreme) Black Mass: Moves to every enemy on screen, and bites them, killing them while draining their health (and blood) into himself. Gains brief invulnerability after.

NEEDS:
2 skins of Drake from "Blade: Trinity."
(Monster Form: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/8/85/Dracula_Drake_53462.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160504045830)
(Human Form: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/blade/images/a/ad/Drake_%283%29.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110215014747&path-prefix=es)

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUDs, icons, loading screen, sounds, effects recolor, etc.
Aventureiromax - All skins, mannequin
Tommyboy2002 & idrinkdrpepper - Infiltrate script

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?v1cy8hcv8dolnxu