The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: scottsum on October 22, 2019, 09:41PM
Always good to start with cheap and simple.  If nothing else, an old surge suppressor may have already taken a hit and not sufficiently protect your PC from surges going forward. So, if it's old, it worth replacing, even if it doesn't solve your immediate problem.  (And realistically, it's probably a 90-95% chance it won't.)

Graphics work pushes the machine harder than most other tasks, meaning it will run hotter.  On a good working machine, you might notice fans getting loud, more heat coming from the vents, and performance degrading as you go along.  In this case, we know you have a hardware failure somewhere; the increased heat will exasperate this. After doing graphics-heavy tasks for a while, you might see the machine completely lock up (where even the mouse won't move), crash / blue screen, or shut itself off entirely (some PCs are designed to do this when they get too hot.)

Right now the machine is at least usable for the moment, but whichever part is partially failing will probably completely fail at some point relatively soon, and pushing the machine harder will make it happen faster.  So, I would suggest holding off for now until the failure is addressed.

What is the model of that system?  It should have a product number on a label that looks something like this:

Product No. V8P23AA#ABA
Model No. 20-c020

So I should refrain from the 3-D conversion training until the problem is fixed. From what you said, it sounds like the 3-D conversion training DID in fact cause this problem because it heavily taxed my all-in-one computer, which is apparently only meant for light use. (Playing MUA or creating mods for the game isn't a problem though.) That means even if I eventually learn how to convert 3D models, it can only be done on a seldom to prevent further computer problems or a repeat of this problem.

Also, it sounds like I need to fix this problem fast, as "will completely fail at some point relatively soon" makes me uneasy. Should I just take my PC to an HP Service Center or a Staples store so they can fix it? Hopefully they won't adjust my PC back to factory default settings, as you stated that won't fix the problem anyway.

October 24, 2019, 05:12AM #2101 Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 07:16AM by scottsum
Quote from: Outsider on October 23, 2019, 06:42AM
Product No. V8P23AA#ABA
Model No. 20-c020

...From what you said, it sounds like the 3-D conversion training DID in fact cause this problem because it heavily taxed my all-in-one computer, which is apparently only meant for light use...

EDIT:  I just want to take a step back on this overheating thing- I have seen a lot of these types of machines overheat, so I threw that out as a possibility, and then we kind of went down the rabbit hole basing things on that hypothesis.  That may not be an issue on your machine at all.  I just wanted to at least note it because you'd be amazed how many people have space heaters right near their PCs, or situations like that.

Quote from: Outsider on October 23, 2019, 06:42AM
Product No. V8P23AA#ABA
Model No. 20-c020

Also, it sounds like I need to fix this problem fast, as "will completely fail at some point relatively soon" makes me uneasy. Should I just take my PC to an HP Service Center or a Staples store so they can fix it? Hopefully they won't adjust my PC back to factory default settings, as you stated that won't fix the problem anyway.

I probably should have said MAY completely fail soon... Just don't put it off too long.  I would take it in for diags at your earliest convenience.  My suggestion would be to not go to big chain stores.  Find a mom and pop repair shop in your area.  They tend to give better service.

No rush for this one, at least for me, but I just wanted to let you know: There's something wrong with the Mantis file (broken?). Mediafire just keeps saying "Generating new download key"...

Quote from: Outsider on February 29, 2016, 09:30PM
GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?b4ha7iqcj16311m

This is the link mediafire forwards to:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/b4ha7iqcj16311m/Mantis+-+Outsider.zip

Quote from: ak2yny on October 27, 2019, 07:19AM
No rush for this one, at least for me, but I just wanted to let you know: There's something wrong with the Mantis file (broken?). Mediafire just keeps saying "Generating new download key"...

This is the link mediafire forwards to:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/b4ha7iqcj16311m/Mantis+-+Outsider.zip

That's a Mediafire issue that randomly happens at times. Give it a couple of days and the link will work again.

Everyone, :sstar: Shatterstar has been updated. Thanks to the work of BaconWizard17, he now has his signature double-swords, and no longer needs that pesky ponytail bolton! And I've made it so that he uses those double-swords in melee combat! Check him out.

Quote from: scottsum on October 22, 2019, 09:41PM
Always good to start with cheap and simple.  If nothing else, an old surge suppressor may have already taken a hit and not sufficiently protect your PC from surges going forward. So, if it's old, it worth replacing, even if it doesn't solve your immediate problem.  (And realistically, it's probably a 90-95% chance it won't.)

Turns out I'm one of the 5-10%...

Just today I took my computer to a local computer repair place that got the highest reviews. He put it on twice, and there were no beeps, no blinks. Imagine my shock witnessing this. He said that since the computer started just fine twice, that my computer isn't the problem. So, I went and bought a new surge protector to replace the old one I have, and as of this writing, my computer is working fine with no problems. Best possible outcome! Thanks for the 411. If I didn't listen to your suggestion of visiting a local computer repair place instead of the big chains, I would have spent money for nothing.

I will soon try again at converting 3-D models, now knowing that my computer is fine. And my next mod, Wave will be in the near future. Stay tuned...

Fantastic news, Outsider! I'm glad that your computer is okay :)

Quote from: Outsider on November 01, 2019, 08:21PM

Turns out I'm one of the 5-10%...

Just today I took my computer to a local computer repair place that got the highest reviews. He put it on twice, and there were no beeps, no blinks. Imagine my shock witnessing this. He said that since the computer started just fine twice, that my computer isn't the problem. So, I went and bought a new surge protector to replace the old one I have, and as of this writing, my computer is working fine with no problems. Best possible outcome! Thanks for the 411. If I didn't listen to your suggestion of visiting a local computer repair place instead of the big chains, I would have spent money for nothing.

I will soon try again at converting 3-D models, now knowing that my computer is fine. And my next mod, Wave will be in the near future. Stay tuned...

That's great news, I'm glad I could help save you some cash!

November 24, 2019, 11:14PM #2107 Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 02:04PM by Outsider
WAVE

Well now, here comes Pearl Pangan -- one of the rare superheroines of Filipino origin who wields unique swords, has fins on her uniform, and has hydrokinetic powers. She is one of the new Agents of Atlas known as Wave, and now she's come to MUA. Check this pinay in action.

UPDATE: Added three more skins, newer HUDs. Herostat has changed.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-Abilities of Rising Water (higher double jump) and Aquatic Advantage (hold block and press jump during the Atlantis stages to gain a powerful boost).
-4 hex-edited skins, 2 HUDs, icons, loading screen, mannequin, and sound/voice file.
-Uses assigned number #117 (shares with Monica Rambeau - mannequin will clash).

NOTE:
For her Aquatic Advantage to work, my special scripts package is required. Download that here: https://www.mediafire.com/?b68zxsod7a0g05k (If you have the new EXG, then disregard as the EXG has these scripts included.)

MOVESET:
1. Kampilan Slash: Attacks with her unique Filipino swords twice.
2. Water Blast: Fires a beam of hydrokinetic power.
3. Deadly Stream: Unleashes a melee combo attack with her swords.
4. Hydro Spheres: Creates water projectiles that orbit her and attack enemies.
5. Riptide: Creates a powerful wave of radial water blasts.
6 (Boost) Filipina Fury: Unsheathes her sharp fins as she gains higher melee damage for a time.
7 (Boost) Ride The Current: Places water shields on the team to absorb a certain amount of damage.
8. (Xtreme) H-2-KO: Spins around using both her swords and hydrokinesis, attacking multiple enemies multiple times.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, icons, HUDs, loading screen, effects, sounds, hex-editing, etc.
UltraMegaMagnus - Agents of Atlas skin, mannequin
Escanor610 - Classic & Sea Huntress skins

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?xhgjhfg4vs3jn70

Very cool! I always thought characters with water powers were pretty awesome :)

Quote from: Outsider on October 28, 2019, 02:29AM
That's a Mediafire issue that randomly happens at times. Give it a couple of days and the link will work again.

Is this link still broken? Is it just the link or is it the file...?
https://www.mediafire.com/?b4ha7iqcj16311m

Quote from: ak2yny on November 26, 2019, 10:52PM
Is this link still broken? Is it just the link or is it the file...?
https://www.mediafire.com/?b4ha7iqcj16311m

For some reason, the link is still broken -- but I checked Mediafire and the file is intact. You can ask Ceamonks for my Mantis mod, as he's archived pretty much everything.

November 27, 2019, 11:12PM #2111 Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 11:31PM by Ceamonks890
Quote from: Outsider on November 27, 2019, 10:55PM
For some reason, the link is still broken -- but I checked Mediafire and the file is intact. You can ask Ceamonks for my Mantis mod, as he's archived pretty much everything.

Unfortunately, my archived copy link is broken too Outsider (as for whatever reason, file download links stupidly remain the same despite being uploaded to different Mediafire accounts).

I've submitted a support ticket to Mediafire proper in order to resolve this issue, which logically should resolve the link issues on your own account too Outsider. I will keep you all up-to-speed on what unfolds ;)

I've had that same problem with a Beast skin of mine. I didn't know you could contact their support. I'll have to do that

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

It has just occurred to me that The Outsider's Crypt has reached past a million (1,000,000) views! I don't know if this thread was the first to do that, but I deem that an accomplishment, or a milestone at least.

So, who's next? A secret mod is on the way, so stay tuned. Those of you who don't know about my secret mods that you won't find at the Character Mod Catalog, they are located at a hidden chamber somewhere in the Crypt. You may want to check out the first post, and look for something out of the ordinary...

Quote from: Ceamonks890 on November 27, 2019, 11:12PM
Unfortunately, my archived copy link is broken too Outsider (as for whatever reason, file download links stupidly remain the same despite being uploaded to different Mediafire accounts).

I've submitted a support ticket to Mediafire proper in order to resolve this issue, which logically should resolve the link issues on your own account too Outsider. I will keep you all up-to-speed on what unfolds ;)

OK. I will keep a watchful eye on the situation as it develops.

Happy Thanksgiving, Outsider!

Excited for the new mod!