The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: ak2yny on February 13, 2020, 05:23PM
Congratulations on the Cable booster. It rocks!

Unfortunately I'm going to report some minor issues. I assume I'm not the only one seeing these... I installed the booster on a modded game, so the bugs might be related to other files. I installed the cable mod V. 1.2 beforehand.

Good to hear that you're enjoying it. I will address each of those reports.

- Effect on popup shoots in one direction only. So, let's say you face north and use the popup combo, the bullet goes west (can't remember which way it goes) right after it comes out of the gun. I believe this was a bug in the original mod too.

That was a bug from the original. It came from Nick Fury, where the bullets hits an enemy then ricochets to another direction. I could attempt to fix it, but gun effects are weird because of its placement.

- Effect on power 2 (pistol) has a second effect that looks exactly like the one on the gun but is on the floor. I don't know if this was intended to be this way, but it looks like a bug to me.

OK, so the original Cable mod used Nick Fury and Deadpool for his animations, but it was so flawed that I had to revamp the entire moveset. And it didn't make sense to me that he only had one power with his large plasma rifle. It also didn't make sense that he would use the same animations as his rival, Deadpool. So I gave him the animations of Nick Fury and Blade instead.
So, power 2 is based on Blade's Gun Shots, which has that same "floor effect" problem.

- smash is not chargeable... it usually is on other heroes.

That was intentional. If you have my Deadpool booster, it's the same for him. If you recall, the original Cable mod's first power was Bionic Arm, where he hits you with that same animation. I liked it but not for a first power, so I made it his heavy punch instead, and added his plasma rifle to it. And because there was no holding animations connected to it, I couldn't make it chargeable.

- It feels odd that you can't press and hold the power 2 (pistol), as it's a rapid fire pistol.

Rapid in this case means "quick." He is firing numerous bullets in rapid movement. Again, it was based on Blade's power, which doesn't use charging.

- If that is to be changed, the alpha rifle power, which is exaclty the way I wish power 2 worked, should be changed to chargeable to add diversity, and because there is no chargeable power in this booster yet.

Not every mod has a chargeable power. I like making every mod to feel different and play different, which is the ultimate diversity. Not only that, but Cable is from the future, so I'd imagine that in his time, charging powers weren't necessary to deliver massive impact. Cable is a soldier, so it's about efficiency for him. Charging leaves you wide open for attack, which I don't think Cable would do. I always think about the nature/origin of the character when creating the moveset and deciding his animations.

- There's no eye effect in the selection stage. Maybe this is intended to be that way. I believe this can easily be added by editing the herostat.

I thought about that originally, but when I tried out the same eye effect at both menu and in-game, it appeared awkwardly on the menu. It would have taken a lot of trial and error to place the eye effect at his eye, and even then, it doesn't follow his menu movements all that well. So, I just said forget about it.

One more thing I noticed and thought I'd let you know: Whatever skin you define in clea's herostat as her primary outfit (the one with the complete number) will be her npc skin. My guess is that the name clashes with the npc. Could her name be changed to clea_hero or something?

Is there a clash? Because her primary costume resembles the exact same outfit as her in-game version. However, if that's causing a problem, I will take a look.

Quote from: Fr3ddy on February 11, 2020, 05:38PM
Havok needs booster  :bowdown1: . His power styles and effects like Marvel Heroes and MUA2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eqrGNWFKvk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFd8eHn4umg

Unfortunately, I will be unable to make any more boosters. The only one I can do left is for :namor: Namor, and that is only if someone converts a skin of mannequin of MFF Namor to replace his current eyesore of a skin. It would be an upgrade of my Deep Six booster.

Thank you for the detailed answer and insight to the booster.

If that's ok with you, I can also have a look and try to fix that gunshot (popup) effect.

Quote from: Outsider on February 14, 2020, 07:45AM
That was intentional. If you have my Deadpool booster, it's the same for him. If you recall, the original Cable mod's first power was Bionic Arm, where he hits you with that same animation. I liked it but not for a first power, so I made it his heavy punch instead, and added his plasma rifle to it. And because there was no holding animations connected to it, I couldn't make it chargeable.

Rapid in this case means "quick." He is firing numerous bullets in rapid movement. Again, it was based on Blade's power, which doesn't use charging.

Not every mod has a chargeable power. I like making every mod to feel different and play different, which is the ultimate diversity. Not only that, but Cable is from the future, so I'd imagine that in his time, charging powers weren't necessary to deliver massive impact. Cable is a soldier, so it's about efficiency for him. Charging leaves you wide open for attack, which I don't think Cable would do. I always think about the nature/origin of the character when creating the moveset and deciding his animations.

Wow, that's awesome thinking. I can see how all these powers contribute to his efficiency. I guess now I just have to get used to him, playing like this. I hope he doesn't run empty on energy all the time. ;-p

Is there a clash? Because her primary costume resembles the exact same outfit as her in-game version. However, if that's causing a problem, I will take a look.

If you put it that way, actually no, there is no "clash"... But I forgot to mention, that any costume (even her original npc costume with original hud copied as 154xx) won't have a npc hud head, while mod/hero hud works fine. That's of course again having her installed on a modded game. You might want to test it as well (you can just extract to the Sanctum and go upstairs).
That said I would prefer her mod primary skin to be the one in the mod and her npc skin to stay the original one.

February 17, 2020, 01:26PM #2192 Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 11:19PM by Outsider
METEOR MAN

Way back in 1993, a little movie called The Meteor Man made history as the first African-American costumed superhero to make it to motion pictures. (Didn't see the movie? Type his name at Youtube.) In honor of Black History Month, I introduce MUA and all of you to Jefferson Reed, the school teacher turned superhero from Washington D.C. known as Meteor Man. He's not out of place, as he had a limited comic series published by Marvel, at one point meeting with Spider-Man and Night Thrasher. With some powers similar to Superman, and some that the "Man of Steel" doesn't have, you'll be sure to have fun playing as this trail blazer. Check him out.

UPDATE: Now has a mannequin.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-Abilities of Flight, Might, Healing Factor, and Invulnerability (20% resistant to all damage, radiation immunity, can't be stunned or frozen. Has a 50% chance of immunity to knockback.)
-1 hex-edited skin, HUD, loading screen, icons, mannequin, & sound files voiced by Robert Townsend.
-Uses assigned number #103 (Shares with Sif, will only clash in mannequin if he gets one.)

MOVESET:
1. Telekinesis: Uses telekinetic powers to levitate enemies and objects.
2. Laser Beam: Fires a beam of heat that will burn enemies multiple times.
3. Speeding Justice: Uses hyper speed to attack multiple enemies in the blink of an eye.
4. Ground Tremor: Charges and punches the ground, causing an earth-shaking vibration.
5. Meteor Launch: Telekinetically hurls an actual meteor at enemies, causing massive damage.
6. (Boost) Book Absorption: Absorbs the knowledge of a Bruce Lee book, gaining attack damage and critical chance.
7. (Boost) Rapid Healing: Heals himself and nearby allies.
8. (Xtreme) Meteor Shower: Summons down a storm of meteors to damage all enemies.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, skin, HUD, loading screen, icons, sounds, hex-editing etc.
UltraMegaMagnus - Mannequin

BUGS:
None so far.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?8dx10jz79sdtw5i

Awesome!

I always love it when superheroes who first showed up in movies get another shot at showing up in something. I'd heard of this movie some time ago and thought it sounded very interesting but never got to see it unfortunately. Now I definitely have to see it!

umm i got the booster pack i also found the boremans mod link but why can i not download it?

Quote from: TheMK on February 17, 2020, 04:34PM
Awesome!

I always love it when superheroes who first showed up in movies get another shot at showing up in something. I’d heard of this movie some time ago and thought it sounded very interesting but never got to see it unfortunately. Now I definitely have to see it!

Yeah, Meteor Man is deserving of it. His movie was comedic at times, but also very inspirational.

Quote from: MORDORN on February 18, 2020, 06:33AM
umm i got the booster pack i also found the boremans mod link but why can i not download it?

I assume you're talking about Marvel Girl. Did you check the Character Mod Catalog? https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,399.0.html
If the link you saw there isn't working for you, then you can find her in Ceamonks' archive. https://www.mediafire.com/folder/nhw6skl65lj2b,n2dwu8p6cd5rs/shared

Sorry to keep bugging you but which boosters would you recommend for vanilla hulk to make him closer in abilities with your banner hulk in hulk mode? I've had a look at 3 different ones but didn't want to mess around with combining 3 until I'd asked. Why 3?

One mod adds the passive ability to get bigger and stronger the less health you have plus removed fury and replaced it with emitting radiation.

One gives hulk his heavy footsteps, but he also made other changes which he did not detail in his release post.

And a third booster to ensure hulk has his ground smash and thunderclap ability.

So yeah if there's a hulk booster that combines all of those please link me otherwise I'll experiment with combining those 3 haha (of course I'll make another copy of my game first in case it goes wrong)

Quote from: deadjoke on February 18, 2020, 07:31AM
Sorry to keep bugging you but which boosters would you recommend for vanilla hulk to make him closer in abilities with your banner hulk in hulk mode? I've had a look at 3 different ones but didn't want to mess around with combining 3 until I'd asked. Why 3?

One mod adds the passive ability to get bigger and stronger the less health you have plus removed fury and replaced it with emitting radiation.

One gives hulk his heavy footsteps, but he also made other changes which he did not detail in his release post.

And a third booster to ensure hulk has his ground smash and thunderclap ability.

So yeah if there's a hulk booster that combines all of those please link me otherwise I'll experiment with combining those 3 haha (of course I'll make another copy of my game first in case it goes wrong)

Hmm... if there is, I don't know of it. I have the first one you mentioned. A few people have told me that my Bruce Banner mod contains the Hulk as he should be, though, so you're not the first to say that. Some experimentation might need to be done on your part to determine the best Hulk for you. Or another modder could commit themselves to creating the ideal Hulk mod that fits all of the criteria needed instead of just some.

Quote from: Outsider on February 18, 2020, 11:54AM

Hmm... if there is, I don't know of it. I have the first one you mentioned. A few people have told me that my Bruce Banner mod contains the Hulk as he should be, though, so you're not the first to say that. Some experimentation might need to be done on your part to determine the best Hulk for you. Or another modder could commit themselves to creating the ideal Hulk mod that fits all of the criteria needed instead of just some.

I'll make another copy of my mua folder and experiment at some point then. Thank you.

Got around to fix some things on the Cable booster...

That was a bug from the original. It came from Nick Fury, where the bullets hits an enemy then ricochets to another direction. I could attempt to fix it, but gun effects are weird because of its placement.

Was an easy fix. It was related to the bolton instead of segments change. Although I'm not sure what caused the problem on the original mod, I believe that the same fix can be applied on that one as well:
Changed the fx (was it fx02?) bolt to the hand bolt (the bone). Just copy the line from the bullet trigger a little above in the powerstyle file.

So, power 2 is based on Blade's Gun Shots, which has that same "floor effect" problem.

Actually, it is not quite the same "floor effect" problem. While the effect has a light that fallows the bullets, your booster added also a second gunfire effect. It was caused by double entries in the powerstyle and entities file. First I changed the bolt in the powerstyle to use the actual bone (like in the first solution), but then I found out about the double entry and removed the lines from the powerstyle.

I add the files for you to download. Included are also new effects for the power 2 with removed light/glow effects that were reflected on the floor in blades effect files. The changes have been made in the powerstyle and entities file accordingly.
Furthermore I added a new special_aura file (special_aura3) with my attempt to create a glowing eye effect on Cable in the selection stage. It's ok, but not good enough in my oppinion. So I didn't include the herostat file.

Edit: The files have been updated in the booster (https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8753.msg197746.html#msg197746)

Everyone, the following mods have been updated:

:laugh: Arcade: Has his double jump back, as now you press jump while blocking to summon his bumper car.
Lara Croft: Now has an authentic voice file, done by tubular spacedude.
:cable2: Cable: The pistol effects have been fixed up, thanks to ay2yny.

Download these now, as it's important to keep track of any updates, as I don't have version logs (too many mods and boosters to keep track of that).

February 22, 2020, 12:32PM #2201 Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 10:44PM by Outsider
PHIL COULSON

When I created the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. mod collection, I mentioned that only two were missing -- Quake (Daisy Johnson), who was done prior to that, and one other. Finally, after what seemed like a very long time... Coulson Lives! Introducing my mod of Phil Coulson. He has the kind of powers and skills you would expect from an agent hired by :nfury: Nick Fury, but comes together nicely. Download him now and complete the S.H.I.E.L.D. collection.

UPDATE: Fixed melee gun effects.

FEATURES:
-5 powers, 3 boosts, and an Xtreme.
-2 hex-edited skins, 2 HUDs, loading screen, icons, animated mannequin, and sound/voice file voiced by Clark Gregg.
-Uses assigned number #32 (Mannequin will clash with Gredin.)

NOTE:
This mod was originally a collaboration with BLaw, but he's been inactive for a long time, and I don't like leaving anything I've worked on unfinished or not released. If he decides to update this mod with his models and/or the "Don't Touch Lola" power, I'll update it.

MOVESET:
1. I.C.E.R: Uses his special SHIELD-licensed rifle to inflict electricity damage and stun enemies. Higher damage to bosses.
2. Handgun Strafe: Shoots with possible strafing and with a chance to cause a deadly explosion.
3. Cyber Tremor: Slams his cybernetic fist in the ground, causing short-range radial damage.
4. Energy Shield: Creates his energized shield from his prostethic hand, reversing damage back at enemies in a counterattack.
5. Coulson's Revenge: Fires the deadly Destroyer Gun at enemies with heavy knockback and a chance to kill.
6. (Boost) E.M.P: Releases a strong EMP to disable all droids and robotic enemies.
7. (Boost) Flash Bomb: Throws a flash bomb to temporarily stun and disorient nearby humanoid enemies.
8. (Boost) Back-Up: Calls on a SHIELD agent to assist in combat, reducing damage taken.
9. (Xtreme) Summon The Bus: Coulson triggers agents aboard SHIELD aircraft to fire at all enemies from above.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Mod creation & coding, HUDs, loading screens, effects, icons, sounds/voice conversion, hex-editing, etc.
Andersonbrazil - Skins
BLaw - Animated mannequin, SHIELD agent skins, weapon models
Agent Bachello - Sounds acquirement

BUGS:
While using Handgun Strafe, Coulson can't seem to move backwards. Unsure how to fix.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?6nkyv8icg0lpeuh

I'm loving the Phil Colson mod dude 🤣 I have a real soft spot for his character.