OK, I finally found time to address this. Here we go...
I don't mean to be rude, but... I am listing reasons why I still believe in my fix (just went over the data files today and noticed many improvements over your original booster and my fix):
- Animation of power 1 needs to be updated to be working on top of original MUA with installed OCP.
That was the problem that you and Clarice reported already. Here's the thing about me: I don't just give up if I can't see the problem right away. When someone reports to me that there is a problem with one of my mods or boosters, I look heavily
into it, and that takes time. When I mentioned that I couldn't find the problem, I meant that I did a quick test and I couldn't find the problem yet.
I mentioned the recalled GEC because I first have to troubleshoot with you both to see if the problem is not caused by my mods -- and usually it isn't.
What you may not know is that on our Discord server, I was asking members if anyone else had this problem, because I was still looking into it. (Oddly enough, nobody answered, but I know that C&D were downloaded.) I have since found what the problem was -- turns out that while I didn't touch her original animations as I said, I had replaced them and forgot to include the files. My apologies, as when you've done 250+ projects as I have and are still currently doing things, it's hard to find time and keep track of everything. Read your next quote to see where my "Ah-hah!" moment came from.
- The animation for power 2 looks like she throws the dagger in an upward kinda arc but the animation is a horizontal arc.
This. I knew
at this point that animations had to be the problem ...because I didn't give her an upward arc animation.
In mine, she's shooting them kind of like Black Widow.
- Selection Stage effect (in herostat) should be removed, because (especially together with Cloaks effects, who needs them) it makes my game very slow. Low priority, because herostat edits are easy.
I have to question your computer's strength then, because it hasn't slowed my game at all. Nor has it in Anderson's videos. Don't take that as an insult or anything -- I just find that ...odd. But like you said, you can just delete that in your game if you need to.
- The sreenflash effect on the xtreme is just too much. Cloak is ok. Dagger is way worse, having multiple flashs twice. And both together (people don't want to use them seperate) are too much on the eye, too much disturbing the picture and you just think: "what the..." The Idea is nice though. Maybe you can just reduce how many times the effect occurs (I counted three deatheffect entries for each thrown dagger). Or another effect?
The xtreme is designed so that every time a light dagger hits an enemy or bounces off of a wall, you see the screenflash. So, the more enclosed a space is, the more you see it. I'm sorry you don't like the effect, but that's more of a personal preference. Others have messaged me saying they love the effects, as the perfect compliment to Cloak. But I'm open to ideas, so read on.
I recently encountered an effect where everything on the map turnet into a certain color (seen the same in two different colors), kinda like Sin City, looks very neat. This together with bigger explosion effects? Just an Idea.
- I believe the power sounds need an update. Since I already did that and am working on MUA2 sound conversion who have some power sounds, I could bring you that if you're interrested.
If I recall, you once informed me of a problem with the gun effects in my Cable booster. You offered a fix, I looked at it, I liked the fix, I included it, I gave you credit for it. So like I said, I am not above listening to ideas or suggestions -- as long as they are mentioned respectfully.
I understand if you want to leave her in the current stage, because the booster's working and it's an actual booster (improvement) too. But do I have your permission to release my fix then? And should I post it on it's own release thread?
One more thing: I would prefer to include all the files of your booster: skins, hud, effects, script mannequin, loadscreen.
Sorry to be so critical. It just bugged me.
No, I'd rather not have my stuff in your fix, as it negates the purpose of my booster. It comes with Cloak, so people will download it regardless. Having people download the original Dagger, then my booster, then your fix is too much running around for people. It's better to have all boosters and fixes in one place. Therefore, I have a better idea -- just like you did with Cable, send me your stuff (via PM), I will look at it, and if it's good, I'll include it. But first, I ask you to download Cloak & Dagger one more time
, as I have added the animation files that were evidently missing. Take a look at it, then
tell me any ideas -- this time via PM. For example, the effect you're talking about? Send it to me. (It has to be all white though, to compliment Cloak's pitch black effects.) Your sound files? Send them to me.
And as for being critical, don't worry about it. I have thick skin, and I can handle constructive criticism. I know that no one mod or booster can please everyone, and no modder is perfect. Mentioning a problem or two here is fine. However, in the future, if you're going to make a whole laundry list of the many things you don't like about my offerings, then I'd rather you send me a PM about it instead of putting me on blast. That's a more respectful way to handle it. Just tell me what's up in private, and I'll hear you out.
That goes for everyone, by the way. If anyone has a technical problem with any of my offerings, feel free to tell me. If no one reports anything, then I will think that everything is fine. Just tell me what's wrong in a respectful manner
, and I will listen. (Example: When Clarice mentioned that Cloak can't teleport someone with him, I did a quick test and saw she was right. I then fixed it.) All I ask is that you troubleshoot before
coming to me, as that will save us both a lot of time.
(1) Check if you started a new game after the changes. You'd be surprised how common people don't realize that was the problem.
(2) Check if you uploaded everything in the package to your game. Some don't ...for some reason.
(3) Check if you followed the instructions in the Read It files. It's important to read, folks.
(4) If you recall getting the Gold Edition Content mod (which is known to cause problems), get rid of it.
If you've checked all of that, and you still have the problem, then tell me what the problem is and that you did troubleshoot. I could have made a modding mistake or forgot to include something, so it could be my fault. Report the problem -- I'll look into it when I get a chance, and get back to you. But I won't know what's going on if no one tells me. To quote a popular phrase in New York City, "If you see something, say something."