The Outsider's Crypt (contains nearly 330 total projects)

Started by Outsider, April 06, 2013, 10:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 26, 2020, 01:25AM #2265 Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 10:03PM by Outsider
MORTAL KOMBAT: ULTIMATE ALLIANCE

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past few years, you can tell that I am a huge fan of Mortal Kombat. I vowed to myself to make sure there would be a full roster of MK warriors before I was done here. That said, if you're an MK fan as I am, then you'll enjoy this. It's a separate exe file that leads to a MK-only roster game! It's packed full of good s**t that won't clash with your regular MUA games. It's the next best thing to replaying Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks. But obviously it's best you witness it for yourself.

PREREQUISITES:
-Make sure you have the Official Characters Pack (OCP) first. This mod is EXG-compatible.
-The MK mods are not included. You still have to install each of the 40 MK warriors and my boosters for each. Mannequins and loading screens however, will now be placed elsewhere.
-Warriors listed as "Other Kombatants" have not been added to this mode as of yet. Will be done at a later date.

FEATURES:
-Separate Game.exe for Mortal Kombat. (Don't worry, it's safe to use. No viruses, malware, or anything like that.)
-Features a roster (separate herostat) of 40 MK warriors, complete with callouts from Shao Kahn and MK announcers, and team bonuses.
-12 custom team stages (CSS) for MK.
-Review screen with loading screens and bios (written by me) of various MK fighters -- both on the roster and not on the roster.
-Extraction points, levelup effect, and extraction screens now feature the MK dragon logo.
-Mannequins of all 40 kombatants included for convenience. (Honestly, I would have left them out, but then some of you may have difficulty finding all of the MK mannequins yourself.)
-Saved games for this version will appear elsewhere, so no confusion with other MUA game saves.
-New batch file to switch to the MK version and back to MUA easily.

Please note that this version is meant for ONLY the MK kombatants for a pure Mortal Kombat experience, which is why there's only 40 spots. This is to avoid the instability issues that sometimes appear with 50 characters. Nitara, Kai, Hsu Hao, & Frost were made after its creation and I'll include them at a later date.

UPDATE - 12/30/2023:
-Updated Kitana's herostat, as Frost is now her own mod, fixed an issue that caused the game to freeze.

UPDATE - 12/4/2023:
-Updated herostat, Game_MK and other files for more OHS efficiency and with Shinnok's changed files.

UPDATE - 1/4/2022:
-Updated herostat, fixing various issues and adding the four new kombatants.
-Updated data files to add more team bonuses and other features.
-Updated menu files for the game to have its own team engb file, making it work even better.
-Updated review screen to now feature loading screens, bios, and story all unlocked at start.
-Updated the batch file to adapt to the new changes.

UPDATE - 4/4/2021:
-Updated herostat, fixing various issues.
-New batch file that allows you to switch between MUA and the MK version with ease! No more renaming anything.
-Updated intro video to no longer have the New Line Cinema intro.
-Two additional team stages: Shang Tsung's Island & the Warrior Shrine.
-New intro/legal screen exclusive to the MK version.
-Better Scorpion mannequin.
-Updated main sounds file for character callouts and combo attacks.

UPDATE - 9/1/2020:
-Now features a video from the Mortal Kombat movie at the main menu!

UPDATE - 6/19/2020:
-Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Sonya, & Johnny Cage have been made as the starting four.
-Saved games for this version will appear elsewhere, so no confusion with other MUA game saves.
-Fixed the Arena and Portal team stages.
-Now compatible with the default 27 game as well.
-Added new team bonuses.

Please read the "(Instructions)" file for instructions. They are easy steps that are so simple, that even a child can do it.

CREDITS:
Outsider - Game version creation & coding, loading screens, batch file, team stages, etc.
BaconWizard17 - OHS compatibility files, exe & file updates
MelloMods - His method of playing separate games
UltraMegaMagnus - Dragon logo texture for extraction points
Ceamonks890 - MK team bonus callouts

MANNEQUIN CREDITS:
Aventureiromax - Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, Kano, Raiden, Sonya, Reptile, Shang Tsung, Kitana, Jax, Mileena, Baraka, Sindel, Stryker, Nightwolf, Kabal, Smoke, Jade, Ermac, Rain, Goro, Shao Kahn, Fujin, Quan Chi, Shinnok, Kenshi
UltraMegaMagnus - Cyrax, Cassie Cage, Jacqui Briggs, Scorpion, Tanya, Skarlet
Outsider - Kronika, Erron Black, Chameleon
AdrianoAp - Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot, Tremor
Julio Cabral - Kung Lao, Sektor
Andersonbrazil - Sheeva

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/?wjvozzxqxhhrq3j

Wow, this is really awesome!!! I can't wait to try it!

Edit: Just looking at the readme after downloading is so exciting!!! I'm so upset with myself that I probably won't get the chance to try it until this coming weekend. @_@

I think this is even cooler and better than MK11's Aftermath DLC!!! (I'm excited for that too, but this is SO epic in comparison; truly fantastic work, Outsider!)

Since I have to wait a few days to try it anyways, I did have just a few questions, if that's okay.

1) I saw in the readme that if you want to alter the roster, you can do so through heros_mk.engb, and that it's compatible with both the 36R and 50R versions of the game. Is it possible to add 14 more beyond the 36 to total for 50 for this, or is it only ever meant to be played with 36 characters? I'd like to play as some Marvel/DC/other heroes as well to help out Raiden and the others!

2) If it -is- possible to use 50 characters with this, do all 36 MK characters need to be playable/in heros_mk.engb for this to work, or will it still work if you just have all the MK character mods installed? If not, it's all right -- I'm just wondering in case I end up wanting to add more than 14 non-MK mods to this (which I'm still not sure about yet).

Quote from: TheMK on May 26, 2020, 03:13AM
Wow, this is really awesome!!! I can’t wait to try it!

Edit: Just looking at the readme after downloading is so exciting!!! I'm so upset with myself that I probably won't get the chance to try it until this coming weekend. @_@

I think this is even cooler and better than MK11's Aftermath DLC!!! (I'm excited for that too, but this is SO epic in comparison; truly fantastic work, Outsider!)

Since I have to wait a few days to try it anyways, I did have just a few questions, if that's okay.

1) I saw in the readme that if you want to alter the roster, you can do so through heros_mk.engb, and that it's compatible with both the 36R and 50R versions of the game. Is it possible to add 14 more beyond the 36 to total for 50 for this, or is it only ever meant to be played with 36 characters? I'd like to play as some Marvel/DC/other heroes as well to help out Raiden and the others!

2) If it -is- possible to use 50 characters with this, do all 36 MK characters need to be playable/in heros_mk.engb for this to work, or will it still work if you just have all the MK character mods installed? If not, it's all right -- I'm just wondering in case I end up wanting to add more than 14 non-MK mods to this (which I'm still not sure about yet).

I knew you'd be excited for this. As for your questions...

(1) Yes, you can add 14 non-MK mods there if you wish to -- such as the guest characters that appeared in MK. Just be mindful that whoever you put in will not have menu callouts, and you have to put their mannequins inside the "ui/models/mkwarrior" folder.

(2) All 36 MK warriors' herostat entries are in "heros_mk" already by default, and it's best to leave them in there, as it was designed with the MK warriors in mind. Whoever you add has to be placed in that file and take the other 14 spots.

Awesome! Thank you so much for this, Outsider!

Now unless more cool stuff for Mortal Kombat appear, I'll come back to Marvel for the time being.

I have to take a look at some stuff sent to me by various members here for possible updates. Be on the lookout for these changes if/when they are implemented.

Also, it is with a heavy heart that I inform you all that my own creations, the Phantom Four won't be coming to MUA. This is mostly due to a legal reason, and as excited as I was for you all to witness the sons of darkness in a more visual way, I have to protect my intellectual properties. I can't take chances on something like that. My apologies to everyone who really wanted to see them created.

As for what my next mod project will be after the updates... not sure yet. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Stay tuned... :king:

Quote from: BaconWizard17 on May 26, 2020, 09:14AM
Seems like it might be time for me to become a MK fan! I'm excited to try this out

You should! Even if you're not an MK fan, having this won't affect your MUA game, its herostat, or any other mods you installed.

Quote from: TheMK on May 26, 2020, 09:59AM
Awesome! Thank you so much for this, Outsider!

No problem. Enjoy.

I'm sad to hear the Phantom Four won't be available in MUA, but I can understand and respect your reasons for this. I hope your future endeavors with them go very well :)

Either way I'm excited for more of your mods!

Everyone, the following mods & boosters have been updated:
Angela (from Last Call), Beast, Clea, Dagger, Lara Croft, Sharon Rogers, and all four of the Spider-Girls -- Silk, Spider-Gwen, Mary Jane, Spider-Girl.

It's too much to write here what was changed and added, but they were mentioned at their individual posts. I've been hard at work making all these updates happen, and it certainly wasn't easy finding the time to do them. Download them whenever you can.

I'm not going to start my next mod project yet, as I am uncertain who I should work on next. So for now, I'm going to try more skin conversions in the hopes that I can get better at it. I only did one thus far -- the MK11 Harley Quinn costume for Cassie Cage. Like everything else in life, the more you do it, the easier it gets. Stay tuned... :king:

I love your stage backgrounds. I have some favourites among them. I didn't like the stage before (though I believe it's the only one for the 50RH), mainly because of the floating platforms and it feels so "empty". Some backgrounds change that feeling a bit.

Now I (and I bet you too) only wished that someone figures out how to mod the game to start a themed game, like that X-Men executable with a separate X-Men herostat. Maybe we can change the name of the stage files in the same way we can change the name of the herostat?

Just so everyone knows, in addition to Team Stage Collection 2 being released, Team Stage Collection 1 has been updated, as I have redone some of them -- such as Act 3, Matrix, Moon, and others. Don't forget to update them: https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8753.msg198742.html#msg198742

Also, Kamala Khan has been updated with Anderson's newest Ms. Marvel skins. Another update for her may come in the future.

Won't be doing any mods for awhile, as I am still seeing what I can do on the skinning front. Finding time to do so is the hardest part. Stay tuned.

Quote from: ak2yny on June 10, 2020, 01:45AM
I love your stage backgrounds. I have some favourites among them. I didn't like the stage before (though I believe it's the only one for the 50RH), mainly because of the floating platforms and it feels so "empty". Some backgrounds change that feeling a bit.

Now I (and I bet you too) only wished that someone figures out how to mod the game to start a themed game, like that X-Men executable with a separate X-Men herostat. Maybe we can change the name of the stage files in the same way we can change the name of the herostat?

Good to hear you're enjoying the team stages. Thanks for the feedback.

As for a themed game exe & herostat, I actually do know how to do that -- that's what I did with the Mortal Kombat roster. (https://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8753.msg198877.html#msg198877). It even eliminates them clashing with any other mods, including their mannequins. It was easier to do that for MK because I did the vast majority of the mods there. X-Men would be harder, as you can easily fill 50 spots, but not everyone has the same X-Men nor their herostats. Perhaps one day, I can create the executable, but then everyone would have to create their own herostats.

Yes, I am familiar with that tutorial (altough I forgot about the "Extra Stuff" section). I was thinking that you can find a "m_team_stage" string in the exe and rename it to "m_xmen_stage" for example and use the new x-men stage with with it, so you have the stage automatically going with your themed roster.
In fact, I've just tested that and it worked! Needs the Roster Hack to be installed though (means it only works with the new stages and not with the original or other stages at the same time). Altough you probably could also hex-edit the exe and change "team_back" and "mlm_team_back" entries to something like "50rh_back".
I have very limited data and am not interrested enough in Mortal Kombat to have it downloaded and checked how it was made with this conversion mod.

I'm suggesting an update in the "Extra Stuff" section of the tutorial then...

EDIT: I did some testing with "team_back" and "mlm_team_back" and I couldn't find a solution. Basically too many dependencies and they're not in the executable. So this method with the custom stages works only with the 36R or 50R Roster Hack installed.

And now, for a little scripture. This comes from the Gospel according to Exodus, chapter 15, verse 3:

Exodus 15:3
"The loyal disciples of our Lord engaged in battle with fellow mutants who foolishly follow a different philosophy than His. An aggressive mutant came at our Lord directly, and the result proved disastrous."

Exodus 15:4
"The blasphemer's physical interior was of metal, and so was helpless against our savior's might. Suddenly, the metal coating that mutant's skeleton was being painfully ripped out of his body, and he was left in a broken heap, desperately hanging on to his life by a thread."

(Exodus will return with more from the good book soon...)

And now, for a little scripture. This comes from the Gospel according to Exodus, chapter 15, verse 5:

Exodus 15:5
"And the mutant rebel would be an example to all who oppose our Lord. But alas, betrayal would soon follow."

Exodus 15:6
"One of our Lord's closest long-time friends; a fellow mutant, became enraged enough to attack Him mentally and seemingly erase His mind -- leaving our divine savior in a vegetative state. But fear not, for our Lord and His vengeance would not be denied."

(Exodus will return with more from the good book soon...)